The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just saying a big hello to everyone out there!

Pudsey

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18s or 19s?

And what colour is your car?

Andy T will spank you if they're 19s.

Edit; Ok, so now I look dumb :D

Lol..... Super White 2.

I went for 18's as I believe they will give me the best of all world, I went for 8.5j Front and 9.5j rear, did think about 19's with a 10j rear, but that would be good to look at, but just to big for use on the rubbish roads around here!

Be ruined within minutes ........ha

Wanted to be able to drive the car as intended it has to handle well doesn't, should get a good footprint over the standard originals and fill and compliment the shape of the car too!

That car drew a lot of admiring looks mate. Lovely. :)

Oh yeah that's cool!

Still in the middle of polishing it up at the moment taking a good while, but if you want to do it right takes ages doesn't it.

On the topic of 19's, I am aware that its a big talking point around these parts ha

I have never even had 18's before so these will be a first for me, theirs be 'Cherry Gone' always a good feeling .........lol

Thanks for laying off on the ranting, I honestly understand where you are all coming from.

Cheers Guys

Welcome to the club Pudsey :hello:

Very nice stock car you have there

Hi there buddy, pleased to meet you!

Thanks for the kind words........>

Looked hard to find this one and saw plenty believe me all over the country.

Toyed with getting a modded six speed for a good while, but opted for the tip-tronic in the end mostly cruise and plus it was the newest one I could feasibly afford.

Wow you must be female with all these "hello's".

But welcome anyway :D

Nice clean car

Ha ha ha ..........just had to check myself then ........>

Seems to 'ALL' still be there ha.

Pleasure to meet you edge......and thanks for the kind words too!

Ha ha ha ..........just had to check myself then ........>

Seems to 'ALL' still be there ha.

Pleasure to meet you edge......and thanks for the kind words too!

Your more than welcome. Its always great when we get a new member who can actually put a whole sentance together and lacks text type.

Get yourself on the list for japfest if your not on it already. Big club stand and a good day out.;)

And also a great convoy too.

Your more than welcome. Its always great when we get a new member who can actually put a whole sentance together and lacks text type.

Get yourself on the list for japfest if your not on it already. Big club stand and a good day out.;)

1) Devon Motor Show 2) Southwest Motor Show 3) JapFest

Have always done the rounds in the past, but never been in a club before.

Really impressed with the warmest of welcomes I have received from everyone!

the last meet i saw you at i dont think ether of us could string a sentence together :p

Edited by buster (see edit history)

Nice wheels mate, If you want to see what they look like on a white car have a look at nats garage (she posted in the portland meet thread)

Glad you went for the 18`s much better for our local roads;)

Definately, no point in making your ride undrivable is it!

About time the councils put some effort into repairing the roads around this way properly isn't it.

Thanks for the shout on the wheels, I'm really pleased with them can't wait to get them on.

Anyone have any views on tyres......> haven't started looking yet, but went for stand alone so I could spec the rubber !

Definately, no point in making your ride undrivable is it!

About time the councils put some effort into repairing the roads around this way properly isn't it.

Thanks for the shout on the wheels, I'm really pleased with them can't wait to get them on.

Anyone have any views on tyres......> haven't started looking yet, but went for stand alone so I could spec the rubber !

Falkens 452's are a good mid range tyre that seem to last well and are fairly good in the wet.

I like toyo proxies t1r's as i have on my celica and they are superb all round tyres and very good in the wet.

Alot also like the eagle's

Falkens 452's are a good mid range tyre that seem to last well and are fairly good in the wet.

I like toyo proxies t1r's as i have on my celica and they are superb all round tyres and very good in the wet.

Alot also like the eagle's

Toyo Proxies T1R's are the ones I have been recommended completely independantely from the owners club, so great to here you have found them to be good.

Tread wise they look great and must disperse the water well with the channels, apparently they are good wearing too, best of all world by the sounds of it.

Looks like I will be purchasing some of these then.......>

How about sizes whats the general rule for 18's, to keep everything correct rolling radius/ speedo readings etc....

Ideas or experience?

I will be looking up the standard spec and then calculating out what the correct sizes should be unless someone can reliably save me the effort wink wink!!!

That's a lovely car you have there mate :cool: All it needs is an active front spoiler and it would be perfect in my eyes.

You won't be dissapointed in your choice of tyre.

Not sure about those wheels though :(

I was going to go for RacingHart CR Gold Centres.

I think the shape of Jade wheels will compliment the curves of the car, guess I will have to wait and see on that front.

Easy to change though aren't they, never a permanent mod........>

The active front is there, never operated it manually comes on at speed on its own.......so haven't even seen it for my own eyes!!!

Thanks for the comments.

Nice mate will need to stick one on mine now to see if they clear the uk brakes

Thanks Wile e,

Sounds like a good idea, but looking at them doesn't look like there will be any problems at all.

Loads of clearance, they have quality molded spokes that bow away, not stumpy like some weak wheels needing to retain structural rigidity.

Fingers crossed they should be on by Saturday this weekend.