The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BIG BIG Problem - Anyone Live Near Hyper Sports & Racing, Wigan?

Maverick FAF

The only information I have is the keys have been passed to a part time employee who is providong access for recovery of cars. Ive just been lucky I found a company who had transported other cars and previously my car to Hyper who can do a swift recovery.

No sign of going bump. Im going to loose a hell of a lot of trust with garages now. Going to loose a hell of alot of money too, £10500 in parts and the engine Plus turbo. May have to right it off at this rate.

Will know the true story tomorrow once recovered and assessed missing parts.

At leasts its sunny in Saudi. Might have to bring a camel back.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a slim possibility my Block and BC Stroker kit is with a company that Machines the blocks for Hyper.

Does anyone know who Hyper used for block boring / CNC machining?

A rough name could help, cant be that many CNC Engine machining companies in the North West.

Im really sorry about this matey :( There have been quite a few of us on here that have been saying they must be avoided at all costs!!!! This just sums these idiots up!

Anyway I'm off after tommorow for two weeks if you need any help next week getting this stuff back from the other garage or you want me to go and check on your car I'll go down for you mate!

There is a slim possibility my Block and BC Stroker kit is with a company that Machines the blocks for Hyper.

Does anyone know who Hyper used for block boring / CNC machining?

A rough name could help, cant be that many CNC Engine machining companies in the North West.

Let me have a ring round a few mates and see what I can find out. I know the place they use to use before they did'nt pay the bill :rolleyes:

PS if you want me to do anything feel free to PM with you number and stuff!

A real big and sincere thanks to all that have offered help and advice.

I may need someone to look at the car to see what parts are missing, in the boot etc. or even go to hyper to recovered boxed parts (pulleys, turbo, hoses etc) if I can gain further access through the key holder.

I will keep you all informed tomorrow once it's recovered.

Best Regards

Russ

A real big and sincere thanks to all that have offered help and advice.

I may need someone to look at the car to see what parts are missing, in the boot etc. or even go to hyper to recovered boxed parts (pulleys, turbo, hoses etc) if I can gain further access through the key holder.

I will keep you all informed tomorrow once it's recovered.

Best Regards

Russ

Hi Russ I live in Wigan as Lynz said, If you need anything give me a Pm

Why dont you contact a local solicitor to recover your property.

Even if they have gone into administration the car and parts still belong to you so no one is entitled to sell them.

If they have dissapeared it is either fraud or theft which is a legal matter that you can persue.

Heck I was there last Saturday.Havent been there for over a year.Was going to get an oil change done.They told me that they couldn't work on my car as the electricity was cut off.I had a quick peek inside as they seemed to keep all the doors shut.The place was a mess inside.Some nice cars inside,but all in bits.Left for my MOT with a young lad who works there.When I went back to drop the lad off there were a few angry blokes hanging around the place.They grabbed him and demanded to be let inside. Everyone went inside as some of these blokes had cars and parts worth thousands of pounds in there.I was quite shaken up.One of the blokes told me that they heard that HSR is being liquidated and they are going to get all their stuff out.Once again...the place was a mess inside.I left as I did not want to get involved.

If you need a place to store parts for a few weeks I'd be glad to help.I live in Liverpool if thats of any help.

You can have it recovered to here if you get stuck, not THAT far from Wigan and I have plenty of space. It would be stored at YOUR risk though. The legalities of authorising a third party to claim your goods from a garage are complex, you need to get a lawyer to draw up a short note of authorisation.

Ok Folks heres the latest - BAD BAD News Im afraid, feel sick to the stomach at the moment.

Car was recovered last night; missing engine and gearbox. None legitimate individuals would not allow my engine (on stand and gear box) to be removed.

New Parts including 3.4L stroker kit, studs, bearings, mounts and new brand new V160 box remove already to God knows where.

About £25000 out of pocket now which makes working in the Saudi desert in 70MPH winds taste slightly more bitter.

Contacted Insolvency Soilicitor today; spoke to police; baliffs and the courts. My only options at the moment are Insurance claim for theft (No claims bonus goodbye) or Court Order to enter the property on the off chance my remaining parts are still there; costing around £4000.

So as you can all see this would have been less painful if I had dropped my trousers and bent over.

Unfortunately the law is on the side of the Crooks and oportinistic buggers who took my parts and my new Public Enemey No.1 Mr Paul Roberts, Owner & Director of Hyper Sports and Racing.

I really hope my loss is going to help someone in future avoid the Crooks and Mr Roberts

Thank you all for you offers of assistance and advise. I really hope this gets sorted soon and I can carry on enjoying the Supra and the great folks associated with the club.

Will let you all know the final outcome.

Take care.

Best Regards to all.

Russ

Fucking hell mate, i too have been stunk by the scum that work at hyper. PM me if you want me to go round, i'll happy see whats what and try and help out with getting your stuff back, i know how it feels.

On a plus note, i'm so glad they have finally go bust. Turbofit number 2 gone... Just unforuntate they did with all your stuff :(

This sucks mate and cant imagine how p*****d off you must be, any ideas where Mr Roberts is now ? surely he cant just walk away from this ?

No idea unfortuantely. I would be searching if I was back in the UK. I have been informed Cheques as low as £60.00 have been bouncing, so any financial come back will be £0.

I have to put a theft report into the police for all the new & old parts, so who knows who they will pursue. Once I have serial numbers hopefully they may track the parts down.

Just all be aware some one selling a very cheap BC Stroker kit and Brand new V160 6 Speed box.

I will publish the Serial Numbers once known so you guys can avoid buying stolen goods and even assist in the prosecution of the thieves.

No idea unfortuantely. I would be searching if I was back in the UK. I have been informed Cheques as low as £60.00 have been bouncing, so any financial come back will be £0.

I have to put a theft report into the police for all the new & old parts, so who knows who they will pursue. Once I have serial numbers hopefully they may track the parts down.

Just all be aware some one selling a very cheap BC Stroker kit and Brand new V160 6 Speed box.

I will publish the Serial Numbers once known so you guys can avoid buying stolen goods and even assist in the prosecution of the thieves.

I'll start a thread on the msoc and post the details up when youve got them if thats ok

All the best Russ and hope you can recover either the parts or money from Mr Roberts

Makes me physically sick.

Will do everything I can and if I see something suspect on ebay etc will inform you etc.

Garage on the same estate have informed me someone has aleady been round to push their car out and is storing it at his garage.

Maybe these may know the where abouts of your parts?

Sorry again. :(

A 2JZ-GTE stroker crank and rods and pistons, and a JZA80 six speed getrag have a VERY limited market, unless someone's had them away for their own car. I feel for you, and admire your spirit in the face of adversity. Just don't go out and get *issed to drown your sorrows, or at least, don't get caught ;)