The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Have i been done?

Matt H

Many years ago I got ripped off by a computer company when I paid by cheque. They went bust while I was waiting for my computer, so I paid them a visit and it was all locked up. I went back again and found the manager just leaving with the liquidator. He said he would sort me out with a new computer and I stupidly believed him. Naturally he disappeared and was never seen again.

Do not trust any company that stalls for time like that. Phone them up twice a day and get them to confirm everything is okay. In the current climate EXPECT them to go bust so get your goods as quick as you can, and keep pushing and pushing. Dont sit back and hope, they will do you over and think nothing of it.

Never use a debit card, always use a credit card when buying from any supplier that stands even a small chance of going bust. Sofa companies, bed companies, electronics retailers and so on.

Many years ago I got ripped off by a computer company when I paid by cheque. They went bust while I was waiting for my computer, so I paid them a visit and it was all locked up. I went back again and found the manager just leaving with the liquidator. He said he would sort me out with a new computer and I stupidly believed him. Naturally he disappeared and was never seen again.

Do not trust any company that stalls for time like that. Phone them up twice a day and get them to confirm everything is okay. In the current climate EXPECT them to go bust so get your goods as quick as you can, and keep pushing and pushing. Dont sit back and hope, they will do you over and think nothing of it.

Never use a debit card, always use a credit card when buying from any supplier that stands even a small chance of going bust. Sofa companies, bed companies, electronics retailers and so on.

Good post :thumbs:

I'm going to phone up now and ask for a refund.. Fingers crossed i get through!!

thats an interesting article

Its the word 'should' that worries me, you have to justify it all to your bank and try and get them to agree. Good to know there is some protection though.

isn't that often the case, quick to take your money not so quick to give it back :D

Says here their accounts are overdue: :(

Think they are going / gone bust

Date of Incorporation: 12/09/2001

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company

Nature of Business (SIC(03)):

7260 - Other computer related activities

Accounting Reference Date: 30/09

Last Accounts Made Up To: 30/09/2006 (TOTAL EXEMPTION FULL)

Next Accounts Due: 30/07/2008 OVERDUE

Last Return Made Up To: 12/09/2008

Next Return Due: 10/10/2009

Last Members List: 12/09/2008

Previous Names:

Date of change Previous Name

18/11/2008 CANEROSE LIMITED

no, dont wait 2-3 days, they may be gone by then. If they are open tomorrow then call them, twice if you have to.

Then on Monday call again and say you have not yet had the refund. Dont sit back and wait as they could just disappear. Push them for the refund all the way.

Yeh, they can do a refund there and then! More stalling tactics! Get your money back NOW! Or it'll be gone forever!

no, dont wait 2-3 days, they may be gone by then. If they are open tomorrow then call them, twice if you have to.

Then on Monday call again and say you have not yet had the refund. Dont sit back and wait as they could just disappear. Push them for the refund all the way.

As above, dont wait, act now or kiss goodbye to your cash

I also made an order from this company earlier this month. My goods were supposed to be delivered on 23rd Feb.

I have tried to phone this company; sometimes the phone rings out and I have left messages whilst other times the phone does not ring.

I have also e-mailed the company twice but have yet to receive a response.

I am too concerned this company may be in trouble but also think they may possibly have little stock and buying it after an order from abroad hence the delay?

I will update as soon as I have news.

Well, this was the most bizzare purchase i have ever made.

All i can say is DON'T buy from this company, I was given the run around no end.

I recieved a refund in my account a few days ago so it's all well and good with me now. I've purchased from Argos sport........ i've had no delivery comfirmation date yet! :rolleyes:

It arrived from Argos today! no confirmation of when it was going to be delivered though. Ridiculous really considering most people are out during the day and arrangements usually have to be made for someone to be in! anyway, luckily someone was and it's all sorted :)

It arrived from Argos today! no confirmation of when it was going to be delivered though. Ridiculous really considering most people are out during the day and arrangements usually have to be made for someone to be in! anyway, luckily someone was and it's all sorted :)

Glad it worked out in the end Matt, but what of Ted's news? Have the same company killed him? :D

I also made an order from this company earlier this month. My goods were supposed to be delivered on 23rd Feb.

I have tried to phone this company; sometimes the phone rings out and I have left messages whilst other times the phone does not ring.

I have also e-mailed the company twice but have yet to receive a response.

I am too concerned this company may be in trouble but also think they may possibly have little stock and buying it after an order from abroad hence the delay?

I will update as soon as I have news.