The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NEMS 09, are we going?

kslb

Theres also one right next to the AECC. They're doing a deal for people going to the show. £45 with a free breakfast http://northeastmotorshow.com/visitorinfo.html or has someone alread suggested this :search:

Holiday Inn Express is a great deal at that price and there is also a jet wash near by. I think I would be inclined to go for this one as it is about a 100m drive to the show area.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As with everything 'offshore' looks like the schedule has changed and I'll now be onshore for this.

Look forward to meeting up with and grabbing a beer with you all.

Dave

P.s. still a space for me in the line-up? :)

Always a space for you and your Supe as long as you don't sell up as none of us would talk to you then! Keep the car, keep the car!

Haha I'll tell you after tomorrow ;)

She goes into Wallace to get MOT'd tomorrow and I've chosen to get her silenced a little too. Hopefully she'll pass and be back to a noise level where driving no longer requires earplugs or the ipod cranked to full.

The missus is pretty good about it but any further than Peterhead and we have to take her car :(

I'm gonna miss setting off beemer alarms as I go up the road though!

Dave

P.s. It was a moment of madness to sell, She's staying!

Marc,

I saw your car sitting outside Wallace's this morning when I dropped off mine. Any more news on her?

I spoke to Murdo, but he just said it was making a horrible knocking. Hope your back up and running for the show. I still haven't seen the conversion yet.

Marc,

I saw your car sitting outside Wallace's this morning when I dropped off mine. Any more news on her?

I spoke to Murdo, but he just said it was making a horrible knocking. Hope your back up and running for the show. I still haven't seen the conversion yet.

yeah, it's not in a good shape tbh, i highly doubt it will be ready for the show as they still havn't figured out whats causing the knocking and thats after the rocker being off then putting the endoscope down into it.. :blink:

i've been advised to get the sump off and look under there, wallace is fully booked for months so i am going to try and get it booked into checkpoint in arbroath..

still gutted at the whole situation, i have only had the conversion since december 08 and i didn't really expect it to 'brake' when i havn't done any mods or anything to the engine since picking it up. it's money that will mean it might take a while to get fixed. :(

i'll still be comming to the show though, most likely carless but i'll come for the drink the night before too. :)

Let me know if you get it booked in anywhere with a bit of advance notice and I will get some cover for work and get it down there for you for the cost of the fuel. Hope it all goes well.

Keith

Hey guys,

Well I got mine back and she's passed her MOT this time, even sounds a bit better at high revs now Murdo has stuck a silencer in with the decat pipe. Only problem is the guys at Car Clinic managed to shear one of the manifold bolts so now she's 'breathing' a little freely shall we say. I did think there was something different before I dropped her at Wallace but they've confirmed it. She's re-booked for whenever they get time (could be 2-3 weeks).

I was speaking to one of the guys about yours Marc and he confirmed that they'd pretty much done everything they could to diagnose the problem, without stripping the engine, something they don't have time for right now. He did suggest just taking the engine out since it's already stripped down slightly, sending it to a mainstream Supra tuner then getting them to re-fit it when it comes back.

I'm guessing Keith or the other guys will have more suggestions for who but would Jurgen not know someone Newcastle way, to save you going all the way south?

I feel for ya bud, all that money on the conversion for her to go tits up without you even getting the summer out of her. Hope you get her sorted soon mate!

where do i get tickets for this am off work that day

Link to purchase tickets or on the gate.

http://northeastmotorshow.com/tickets.html

If you have a supe get your name on the list and then your car will be on the display stand and you get free entry! If not make sure you come by the club stand and say hi!

Edited by kslb (see edit history)

1. KSLB

2. marcAB10

3. Monsween (if onshore)

4. Eve

5. mustang

6. renegade

7. Aldo87

8. Greenauto

9. L18msy

10. Stu306

11. TTRickeh