The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NEMS 09, are we going?

kslb

Me and a mate are going to travel up on the Saturday to avoid a very early start and its also a good excuse for a wee night out in the granite city! ;)

So a couple of questions:

1. Can anyone recomend a good cheap hotel, with safe parking and easy access to park (as the car is quite low and doesnt go in my own driveway due to bottoming out!!)

2. Do any of the Aberdeen folks fancy meeting for a couple of beers on the Saturday night?

3. Does anyone that is traveling to Aberdeen for the show also fancy going up the night before, have a wee night out and/or convoy up?

Cheers

James

Hey,

I thought about this too.

I did notice that on the NEMS website they had an offer on the travelodge or something along those lines for people going to the show. It was very cheap but not sure how far out of town it is.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Me and a mate are going to travel up on the Saturday to avoid a very early start and its also a good excuse for a wee night out in the granite city! ;)

So a couple of questions:

1. Can anyone recomend a good cheap hotel, with safe parking and easy access to park (as the car is quite low and doesnt go in my own driveway due to bottoming out!!)

2. Do any of the Aberdeen folks fancy meeting for a couple of beers on the Saturday night?

3. Does anyone that is traveling to Aberdeen for the show also fancy going up the night before, have a wee night out and/or convoy up?

Cheers

James

I M8 am up for it. Think it is a good plan..... No comment on last effort!

i got this from one of the guys who has stuff to do with this

"The event will open to the General public at 10am but all cars must be on the show grounds by 9:30am..... or atleast in the que to get in and set up lol..... It might be quite busy getting everyone in. But ill be there at 7:30am to open the gates for everyone that is displaying.

Thanks,

The NEMS09 Team "

I have been away for a few days so just catching up.

The tickets for the display cars I will collect on the morning of the event and distribute and I will be up for a beer the night before.

What about payment for the tickets? How do we sort that out? Pay on the day or send payment now?

What about payment for the tickets? How do we sort that out? Pay on the day or send payment now?

Display cars and their drivers are free and I will distribute those tickets on the morning of the event either as you arrive or at a predetermined location so we can all convoy in together.

Tickets for additional people can be purchased on the NEMS website or on the day of the event.

Pricing:

Advance tickets (online) £8

On the day £10

Junior 14 and under £5

maybe he is arranging the Supra boys up for a suprise birthday party

Er...... Yea........ that is what I was planning and now the gig is up and after I had this huge suprise arranged as well!

I might not make it out the night before by the sounds of it, although it is not like Eve can drink and she does like her early nights what with being pregnant and all, so I might manage to sneak out a bit later.

Since is getting close now can we have a head count of people who want to head up and stay over on the saturday night and where you are heading from. Just to try and get all the drunken bums staying in the same accommodation. There is a travel lodge a few miles away from the show which would be ideal.On the website it says £32 a night, would need to phone and confirm though.

Since is getting close now can we have a head count of people who want to head up and stay over on the saturday night and where you are heading from. Just to try and get all the drunken bums staying in the same accommodation. There is a travel lodge a few miles away from the show which would be ideal.On the website it says £32 a night, would need to phone and confirm though.

Im in for this;

1) L18msy (Dumbarton)

2) Aldo87 (Dumbarton)

Im in for this;

1) L18msy (Dumbarton)

2) Aldo87 (Dumbarton)

Yep going up on Saturday, Aberdeen folk to recommend a decent place for meeting up for a wee pint... ;)

1) L18msy (Dumbarton)

2) Aldo87 (Dumbarton)

3) JamesS (Edinburgh) - plus 1 or 2 passangers staying too.

Yep going up on Saturday, Aberdeen folk to recommend a decent place for meeting up for a wee pint... ;)

1) L18msy (Dumbarton)

2) Aldo87 (Dumbarton)

3) JamesS (Edinburgh) - plus 1 or 2 passangers staying too.

I would suggest meeting up in Soul for a few beers on the Saturday night as it would do for all ages and is right in the centre of town so you could all head off from there if you are making a night of it.

It is not far into town from the AECC either so shouldn't cost too much in a taxi, especially if you are all heading in from the same hotel. Is the hotel you are staying in near the AECC or the town centre?

Got a postcode for Bucksburn Travelodge?

Google has: AB21 9BB

This would be a good place to stay as it has adequate parking and not far from the city centre.

Edit: Here's the link

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/search_and_book/hotel_overview.php?hotel_id=197

Another Edit: I have just phoned the Shell station next to the travelodge to check they have a jet wash and they do so another good reason to stay at this place.

Edited by kslb (see edit history)