The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rockingham track day - Sunday 1st March

SteveR

Or perhaps it was you who didn't go near your car when I was on track? :p

We'll see. Not promising anything, I do need to learn the car all over again now it's got a new ECU. :)

Was joking mate, I would not let anyone else drive my car especially on a track so would never in a million years expect anything else from anyone else :)

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that looks a fun track! Looks as if it great for spectators too :)

If the weathers good on the day I'll there to watch and maybe bag a passenger ride, old friend old pal Ste ;):innocent:

More than welcome mate, if you can get out of bed. ;) Branners might ban you though; he wants to come for a few laps, too. Maybe James could take Branners out for any laps you're in with me, that would be funny. :D

I have nothing to go on apart from the "venue information":

08:00 (09:00 Sunday & Bank Holidays) Driver, passenger, spectator sign-on

08:30 (09:30 Sunday & Bank Holidays) Safety briefing

09:00 (10:00 Sunday & Bank Holidays) Driving begins

13:00 Lunch

14:00 Driving Resumes

17:00 End of driving

I'll give them a call tomorrow and double check.

edit - it's 2 hours from me, I thought it was slightly less than that. I might book a B&B for the night before if I can find a cheap one as Kate & Dan are coming along and getting up early enough won't be recieved very well. :taped:

Edited by SteveR (see edit history)

7 AM start on a Sunday :blink:

Something tells me i may be late :D

I'm seriously thinking we'll make a weekend of it and stay somewhere the night before. I've found a few B&B options if anyone fanices joining us? :)

I texted Linda today and she's going to join us, Henk said he's coming along with full camera setup, I think Branners is still coming along, not sure about others - should be a great day! :)

Sadly Im out of this. Theres a play at my local theatre called Dont Let the Pigeon Stay Up Late, I saw its precursor a few years ago called Dont Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus (it never did, but it drove a truck..). I am forcing my children to come along to see the play and its only on for 1 day which is the 1st March.

Its a shame as I love Rockingham as a track and a venue. You can see everything from on top of the pits.

Hope you all have fun. I will eventually get my Supra out from its winter hibernation.

Sadly Im out of this. Theres a play at my local theatre called Dont Let the Pigeon Stay Up Late, I saw its precursor a few years ago called Dont Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus (it never did, but it drove a truck..). I am forcing my children to come along to see the play and its only on for 1 day which is the 1st March.

Its a shame as I love Rockingham as a track and a venue. You can see everything from on top of the pits.

Hope you all have fun. I will eventually get my Supra out from its winter hibernation.

That's a shame boss, but the play sounds like fun too. Are you too far away to do both? :eyebrows:

Ah sod it, PM me details if you find somewhere to stay and ill come along :)

:D ok mate will do... I'll have a look tonight and make sude Greg's got transport or a lift for the Sunday - little num did offer 'cos he's such a nice chap.

Feeling guilty - weather forecast was looking good for both days, now not so good for you guys on the sunday.

Fingers crossed stays dry for both :)

:search:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=2843

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/images/symbols/fiveday_sym/3.gif, 9 Degrees C, 3mph wind.

Suits me fine if that turns out to be true! Saturday it currently says cloudy.

Not that I trust forecasts this far ahead anyway. ;)

What's the cost of these B&Bs you've been looking at Steve? Rockingham is only an hour away for me, but depending on outlay I'll consider coming the night before. :)

I've found a few that are £40ish, some are a little less for single occpancy/single room. My plan is to watch the weather forecasts and make a decision on Thursday/Friday.

If Saturday looks good at that point Kate, Dan and I are going to make a weekend of it (there is a kids theme park nearby we went to recently and told Dan we'd go back) so I'll book something for the Saturday night then and ask for a group discount, then report back here so people who want to can make a booking if they want to join us. :thumbs:

I'll be there in the morning but will have to shoot off lunch time as things to do in Leicester. Be good to see some of the gang, been too long ;)

It's a bit of a drive so not sure what time I will arrive (been working odd time zones this week)

However, camera battery and spares charged, flash cards empty and formatted, ready to catch you all in action :)

It'll be great to see both of you - make sure you bring your helmets! :)

(P.S. Although BookATrack state helmets should "meet current MSA standards", they don't scruitineer helmets - I asked. I'm taking my usual track day helmet - a bike one I picked up from a friend.) The track does have some for hire, best to pre-book with BookATrack.co.uk if you might need one.

If Saturday looks good at that point Kate, Dan and I are going to make a weekend of it (there is a kids theme park nearby we went to recently and told Dan we'd go back) so I'll book something for the Saturday night then and ask for a group discount, then report back here so people who want to can make a booking if they want to join us. :thumbs:

Sounds like a plan, I'll wait and see what you come up with. :)