The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rockingham track day - Sunday 1st March

SteveR

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey boys and girls, was good to see you guys.

Feel free to go pick your poison at:

http://cid-840879b700448ac4.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Rockingham%20Raceway%20March%202009

Click once on a thumbnail to see a bigger version, then if you click the slideshow picture now you will get the full size puppy. You can then "right click" and choose "save as" if you want it.

Bear in mind the photos are MASSIVE, they will not display full size instantly.....

Or go here for simple slide show:

http://cid-840879b700448ac4.skydrive.live.com/play.aspx/.res/840879b700448ac4!2012/840879b700448ac4!2013?ct=photos

ooo Some of them are not in focus enough for my liking, sorry about that, I blame the biting cold and shivering..(even though I told Kate it was NOT cold).... will do better next time....

Edited by Henk (see edit history)

Absolutely blinding day :D did a total of 140 miles on track over 7 sessions and used a full tank in the afternoon and half in the morning when it was (very) slippery

Really good having some other people come round giving hints and tips and was great getting a few flying laps with Simon chasing down the VW Beetle 'fun cup' cars :D :d

Great pics (as ever) Henk :thumbs:

We should definately aim to do this track again

Morning!

It was great to see all your supras buzzing around such a technical track. Hope no one cooked their brakes :D

Apologies for leaving unannounced though. I had a work emergency so had to leave at 12 and didn't get home till 9pm :( I tried to look for you guys down the other end of the pits, but had no luck.

Steve, hope you got your passenger ride in the Atom. Lucky it wasn't with me because I spun it! :haha:

Yes fab day out, really enjoyed the track and will defo do another 1 there, 1 of the guys from the s2000 club has mentioned us turbo barge nutter boys being well mannered and patient with them even apologising for holding me up when he was driving the atom:D

alex how did your car hold up?

Absolutely perfect mate, I was a little worried at the start but it was fine. Even the brakes didn't give me any trouble (though I was being gentle).

Do you think you'll be coming on any track days this year?

Absolutely perfect mate, I was a little worried at the start but it was fine. Even the brakes didn't give me any trouble (though I was being gentle).

Do you think you'll be coming on any track days this year?

ahh mate i really dont know at this point. Everything is all up in the air.. if i still have the car and im not touring (and i can afford it) then yeh il try and make a few! the cars working amazing.. but i dont get to drive it that often at the moment.. my life has just become so damn busy with the band at the moment its all a bit crazy.

if i can get things sorted then il be there.. however i may just come and watch and see if can get a few passenger rides. :D

which ones you doing this year?

Passenger rides are a safe bet! I got in on a few yesterday - RX7 FD (Far too small inside, kept hitting my head on the roof), Integra Type-R DC2 (Fantastic on the corners, driver really knew what he was doing), and a Turbo-Barge-Nutter Single Supra (Driver seemed to make his own lines, bit of a pansy, but a very nice car :D).

Not exactly a track day but I'm doing the Toyota Sprint Series this year, which starts in ~4 weeks, and I will book Llandow in the next couple of days. Other than that I'll just see what's going on. I've picked up some 16" wheels so I can have a few goes at DWYB at Santa Pod too. :D

Arg! Henks pictures are blocked by our silly firewall :( Will have to do my "network professional" thing to view ;)

Great day out! Thank you to everyone who took me a Jo out for a ride.

I got a couple of half-decent snaps, but I'm not _really_ pleased with many of them. I'll put up some of the best later.

It was great to see all your supras buzzing around such a technical track. Hope no one cooked their brakes :D

Steve, hope you got your passenger ride in the Atom. Lucky it wasn't with me because I spun it! :haha:

My brakes were fine, they're 6 pot AP/KAD fronts (which are balanced to work with the UK rears) with race pads all round. ;)

I shouldn't jumped in the Atom for a go but the day just dissapeared TBH, thanks again to you and your boss for the offer even though I didn't take it up. I spun my Supra too, the first and only time I've ever spun but I'm still kinda new to track days TBH. It was only a little spin, coming out of one of the hairpins.

Patience :) they are on facebook already, [email protected]

Pah, Facebook... I'm too old for that nonsense - get 'em linked on here! ;)

Absolutely brilliant (but very tiring) day, really enjoyed it. Nice meal afterwards too. Need another one soon! :D

Your car felt surprisingly capable for what is 'only' a stripped out NA. I was impressed.

Yes fab day out, really enjoyed the track and will defo do another 1 there, 1 of the guys from the s2000 club has mentioned us turbo barge nutter boys being well mannered and patient with them even apologising for holding me up when he was driving the atom:D

:D

I'd go back, too. The wet morning bit was very dissapointing, but when the track dried out I found plenty of grip and I was loving it as I'd hoped to. Nice track, some nice individual bends but I liked the complexes the best.

Glad everyone enjoyed it. Did anyone NOT spin at some point?? :D

Passenger rides are a safe bet! I got in on a few yesterday - RX7 FD (Far too small inside, kept hitting my head on the roof), Integra Type-R DC2 (Fantastic on the corners, driver really knew what he was doing), and a Turbo-Barge-Nutter Single Supra (Driver seemed to make his own lines, bit of a pansy, but a very nice car :D).

Not exactly a track day but I'm doing the Toyota Sprint Series this year, which starts in ~4 weeks, and I will book Llandow in the next couple of days. Other than that I'll just see what's going on. I've picked up some 16" wheels so I can have a few goes at DWYB at Santa Pod too. :D

oh sweet! Sprint series will be a great laugh! il make sure i track your progress! Rx 7 id like to passenger along in.. think thatd be a great laugh.. as i said even if i do sell the supe.. im signed up here so i may come down to llandow even to watch and ride along. if i still have the supe il get signed to llandow pretty soon... on top of that i gotta move outta my flat.. so again everything a bit crap lately LOL! (well for car driving that is)

Good to see you guys had a great day and eventually dry.

We were lucky on the saturday - dry all day and only a couple of short stoppages.

Sorry didn't get back to the track to say hi on Sunday - too much enjoyment saturday night and had to have a serious lie in, so then cracked on back to sunny Dorset.

Rockingham was fun despite all those hairpins and our cars (mates with GTR's) being outgunned by some very serious lightweight machinery on saturday - Radicals are so ten a penny these days :)

Guest Genesis

Had a great day and really enjoyed my first track day. Glad it dried out though or I would have gone home crying I think, especially after spinning on my first two laps. :(

A big thanks to Big Num, Little Num and Steve R for all their help and advice and looking after me. I wasn't very fast but I learnt a lot during the day. Looking forward to the next one now. Thanks to everyone else for making me go back out after I ended up in the gravel. You guys make it look so easy!

Henk - great photo's, was nice to see you again and I have a new screensaver now - thanks. :)

Can't wait to get back on the track - when's the next one?