The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rockingham track day - Sunday 1st March

SteveR

Thanks guys, great day out and good to see everyone.

Thanks for the various passenger rides and special thanks to Steve and Jo for ferrying me about. All the best and catch up soon.

Greg

Was good to meet you bud, glad you had a good day out :)

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some pictures up on the book-a-track pictures website here, but they are ridiculously expensive (£2 a picture!). I'll check out M5Ws when I get home, hopefully there are some pictures which involve corners! :D

I'd forgot to check the BaT website. At first glance most of the pics of my car seem to be from the morning as the track is damp and my lights are on (as requested by the staff because of the mist)

(Full list of the albums (one for each of the cars that attended) is here http://bookatrack.com/-pX?event&908)

Thanks guys, great day out and good to see everyone.

Thanks for the various passenger rides and special thanks to Steve and Jo for ferrying me about. All the best and catch up soon.

Greg

Glad you went mate :) Sorry I didn't make it, had a shopping emergency and had to head to Selfridges :rolleyes:

Hi guys - great day yesterday. Just played the video back of me chasing Num when we got black flagged and must apologise to Jo who was with me at the time. Hope it wasnt too scary.

No need to apologise, Andy - it was a pretty thrilling ride! :D Both you and James were unbelievably quick! Many thanks for taking me out. Big thanks also to John and Steve for the enjoyable passenger rides. Chris and I had a great weekend at Rockingham and it was nice to catch up with you guys again. :)

Guest lovegroova
Yes fab day out, really enjoyed the track and will defo do another 1 there, 1 of the guys from the s2000 club has mentioned us turbo barge nutter boys being well mannered and patient with them even apologising for holding me up when he was driving the atom:D

That was me. The Atom is very, very, very, fast, but as it bolonged to Bachi, I was less than keen on stuffing it into the wall. The mirrors aren't too good though :)

I was there both Saturday and Sunday (in the black S2000) that some or all of you probably overtook at some point.

It was a good couple of days, and as I mentioned in the S2000 thread, the Supra driving and manners were excellent. I enjoyed watching the exhaust flames from the pitlane too.

I took a few pics on Saturday of a blue Supra plus a couple of Chris and Jo's scooby - they are HERE if anyone is interested:)

Would have loved to have seen you all on track on the Sunday but the timing just didn't work :(

Maybe next time ........

Cheers,

Jane

HJM - the Blue Supra that was there on Saturday belongs to Ark (Chris)

The one on track? I thought his was the one in the car park, but am probably wrong :)

There were definitely two blue ones there on Saturday ............

The one on track? I thought his was the one in the car park, but am probably wrong :)

There were definitely two blue ones there on Saturday ............

Ark and Jo were doing a skid control course Saturday AM, then decided to take to the track Saturday PM.

Are you sure there were 2 blue Supras on Saturday? I didn't go to the track until Sunday so if there was that makes 3 of us! :)

I was on track Sunday throughout the day, Ark (& Jo) were there from mid morning to mid afternoon but spectating and not on track.

Ark and Jo were doing a skid control course Saturday AM, then decided to take to the track Saturday PM.

Are you sure there were 2 blue Supras on Saturday? I didn't go to the track until Sunday so if there was that makes 3 of us! :)

I was on track Sunday throughout the day, Ark (& Jo) were there from mid morning to mid afternoon but spectating and not on track.

This one is Ark? http://hjm.smugmug.com/photos/484554917_g5JSn-M.jpg

This one was on track in the AM? http://hjm.smugmug.com/photos/484569097_VJHqd-M.jpg

There were definitely two :D

IIRC there was another Supra there - lighter blue than mine, and NA. Big dent in the rear quarter and a tow bar. He used it trail in an MG midget or something. We had a short chat, and he said he was there to track the midget, but if it broke then he would run the Supra. It broke and he ran the Supra - gotta love those old cars! :D