What is your preference for tyres on a twin turbo  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What is your preference for tyres on a twin turbo

• Pirelli P Zero Rosso
    • Michelin Pilot Sport 2
    • Toyo R888

Wow what a huge choice of options...

Indeed, no Nankangs?

i was thinking about gettin r888's when i get my supe i need something thats going to keep me glued to the road at all times esp with my little girl in the back

You could always try not driving like an idiot.

I would if price was not an issue, get the Michelins over the P-Zeros, but they cost a bomb, and paying around £230 a tyre (285x18) is enough for me as it is!

How much?? I'll stick with me Falken's :p

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You could always try not driving like an idiot.

And you could stop being a sarcastic ballbag but dont think that will happen anytime soon! Pass comments about my driving when you aint even met me let alone seen me drive! Everyone knows these cars can be dangerous in the wet and dry without decent tyres! I was just asking the question after all this is a forum not a place where muppets get kicks from being an arse to people that just wants advice!

And you could stop being a sarcastic ballbag but dont think that will happen anytime soon! Pass comments about my driving when you aint even met me let alone seen me drive! Everyone knows these cars can be dangerous in the wet and dry without decent tyres! I was just asking the question after all this is a forum not a place where muppets get kicks from being an arse to people that just wants advice!

Put your handbag away love, you're the one considering fitting a semi-slick tyre to drive your offspring round on.

This forum is going downhill :(

I did it :D First person to say it in 2009 :)

I use Goodyear F1 at the front and Toyo R888 at the rear. I'd seriously suggest this if you have lowered the car and are running over 400bhp. It's been instrumental in the way I handle my car.

I was considering R888 rear and T1R front, and i have not yet made up my mind.

Oh i see what you mean now.

:)

I was considering R888 rear and T1R front, and i have not yet made up my mind.

IMO a setup like this will understeer when you thrash it, but grip like a barbed hook when driven under a balanced throttle. I've learnt to love it TBH - it's proved one of my best mods so far (although I had to roll the arches to take 275s - £70ish). I Bought the rears from Ryan (G) and never looked back.

Yeh i read it to the end. Thats why i want my single conversion already!

The car as a whole is now an amazing machine. On the road it carries so much presence and feels as fast as anything out there. I'm at the point now where I'd say she's nearing perfection for me in terms of my original goals, but I've already got another set of changes in the pipeline to enhance her further! Will it ever end?

The Toyo's R888 got a mention too..

I saw Ryan, my mapper, advertise some Toyo R888s for sale at a nice price. I knew these were not hard-wearing tyres by any means but I'd heard so much good about them I thought I'd give them a go. The car is now a lot faster off the mark and the cornering has been transformed. I can't sing their praises enough.

Think i will give these Tyres a go next.

You could add Toyo's and Falkens...probably the most popular choices on here!!

Voted for 888's tho

Toyos? They are on there.

Falkens? Are they popular? I thought they were just the best of the budget choice ones.

I would if price was not an issue, get the Michelins over the P-Zeros, but they cost a bomb, and paying around £230 a tyre (285x18) is enough for me as it is!
I think the Mich's are around 260£ a pop!
I've just put some new Michelin PS2 rears on the m3. Was quoted £282 each but they only charged me £530 on the day. Not too bad for 19" really (255/35/19)

I used to quite like PZero Rosso but the Michelin PS2 are a class above; quieter, much better in the wet, and at the grip limit in the dry they seem to let go more progressively than an other tyre I've tried. (I've not used semi race tyres like 888s though)

P Zero's. Since they came with the car and hardly drive it (£400 per tyre). And expensive rubber makes me feel better.
£400 per tyre? For what size?