How about a major northern meet??

Havard

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Right, I am going to make a couple of calls tomorrow about this. I'll show the route that I reckon will be the best and lets see if we can add to it.

I'll also ring the camp site and see what's what. For those who want a hotel then I suggest the Black Bull pub in Sedbergh..!! It will be about a mile from the capsite.

Give them a ring as I am not doing all the legwork to keep every Tom, Dick and Harry happy...sorry!

H.

I'll also ring the camp site and see what's what. For those who want a hotel then I suggest the Black Bull pub in Sedbergh..!! It will be about a mile from the capsite.

Give them a ring as I am not doing all the legwork to keep every Tom, Dick and Harry happy...sorry!

H.

Bad news for Tom, Dick and Harry, could you give them a ring for me please:D

Harvard, I live about 2 mins from Sedbergh so if you need any advice on routes/roads/places to stay & eat let me know.

Or if you have any other questions just give me a shout, I have lived in the area all my life :)

It's Havard...FFS!!:blink:

Gord, do you know any other decent campsites other than Pinfold??

Cheers

Paul

• 2 months later...

Ok then,

I tried to make arrangements with Pinfold caravan park yesterday. They cannot accomodate such a large group so we need to look further a field.

See that, "field" camping....:) Well I thought it was a great pun....:rolleyes:

Should we try to do this on the Raby Gala weekend then??

H,

Ok then??

This is now looking favourite.

http://www.dentdale.com/conderfarm.htm

I spoke to Mick (site owner) yesterday and they have availability for a large number of cars.....:search: When I asked him about making a booking he laughed out loud....:blink: Access is good for sports cars but I am still going to have a drive up and check the place out.

Site fees are £4 per person per night and I am now wondering if we should make this a full weekend. Dent is a lovely village but it is a bit limited for entertainment in the evenings, unless you want to drive into Sedbergh (10 miles). I would imagine that we get up there Friday night and have a bit of a BBQ, go for a decent run to Raby Gala on the Saturday and return to the site for a few beers in the evening. Sunday, go for a slap up breakfast at Meadowside Cafe that my firends own.....:cool:

I would imagine if we have enough alcohol and condoms then we can keep ourselves entertained.....:D

H.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok then. Had a trip up there today as I was visiting customers in Kendal....:eyebrows:

I went in to Dent and had a brew at Jackie's cafe and had a look at High Laning Caravan site..!!

http://www.highlaning.com/dentanddentdale.htm

The woman who runs it wants around £10 per person per night for us to pitch a car and tent on her field. I personally think that this is quite expensive but it does look like a very tiday site and has no problems with access etc. The site has toilets and showers nearby and it's 20 yards from the cafe that we can go to for a bit of grub or breakfast..:)

Jackie has offered to open the cafe at 8 - 10am on the Saturday morning and do us all a decent breakfast..!!

Looking at the original place we looked at, it now seems that it would not really be good for Supras as it's on a slant and quite boggy...:blink:

Can we get an idea of numbers and the nuber of nights as I am going to negotiate with the site about the cost. She's as mad as a box of frogs so I am going to ring her and see if she wants our custom or not..!!

H.

:D im in

looking like a good weekend Paul :thumbs:

Cheers

-Ian-

It will be if I can get some fooking names down??

If I can go back and say there are 10 - 15 cars then I can bargain with her or tell her to shove it up her arse.....:D

We can always find another site but this place is quite special I think. I just think that £20 to park a car in a field for two nights is taking the pi$$ a wee bit.

H.