The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Enjoyment

Axle

Reason: People get in the way, the speed limits are too low, it has rattles and squeaks, I'm too paranoid to leave it anywhere.

Funny, my exact thoughts on why i posted this thread.

I appreciate the car loads when its sat on the drive, but i get paranoid about the wheels taking a pounding on our roads.

I also have squeaks that have developed and thats a pet hate for me on any car. Eventually i will find them!!

I wish i owned a private track. I hate our roads.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Recently not as much as i should .

It costs a lot to run and maintain , i cant take it anywhere without being paranoid , everywhere i go idiots want to race me and the state of the roads around here just piss me off .

I've recently been looking at sti's/evo(5/6's) and St205's :(

Had mine for alittle over 8 weeks and im loving it, fuel getting cheaper, info easy to get on this spot on site and 2nd hand parts turning up right left and centre for my modding needs lol.......... i love mine

Do any of you NOT enjoy driving in your Supra as much as you'd like?

If so why?

Too many shitty country lanes around here, with plenty of pot holes and not many passing places. The journey to work is also too short (get onto the decent tarmac and I'm there! :() and parking is a pain.

I'm thinking an Evo of some description would be a more suitable daily for me.. I'll never be without a Supra though. ;)

I enjoy mine, but less than most people on here I think. It does it's job - before I bought it, I wanted to use the 964 for every journey and it was a constant fight not to. That doesn't happen anymore, so I must enjoy the Supra. However - the 964 makes me smile, regardless of the mood I started in, and the Supra doesn't do that.

I love mine,sitting in it ,driving it,just looking at it,it was a body design way ahead of it's time,every time you arrive in a car park or petrol station people can't take their eyes of it, it's a breath of fresh air compared to a lot of cars around.Not perfect for all but perfect for me :D Anyway when people tell me to watch my carbon footprint i like to say---up yours :p

Love when I'm out driving it.

Hate when I come across speedbumps, it's a first gear bump over two at same time (too low to span a bump) effort.

Then I get it home and it really annoys me it doesn't go in my driveway as it bottoms out!!

Also as lots have also said don't like leaving it parked anywhere.

I love the fact that it's a 15 year old Toyota which can give some seriously expensive modern cars a run for their money. The look on their faces is priceless.

I don't particularly have any gripes with my car, it's old, naturally it's gonna have some niggles, but it is one car I could never get bored of driving.

Its been my dream car since I was about 12 :) Now Ive bought one Im sometimes too paranoid to take it out. Its a pain to park, Im always worried of curbing the alloys (the edges of the alloys stick out about 1cm because the tyres are seriously stretched on).

Every time I take it out and park up I worry that It will get parking dings/scratches/abused!

Driving home last night I went past a impreza wagon, saw 2 guys jump in it really quick and come shooting past me wanting a race on town centre streets :rolleyes:. That sort of attention I could live without.

Sometimes these things spoil the ownership of the car, I think I need to realize its "just a car" and not a person that needs constant affection lol

I dont like parking, kerbs low profile & alloys dont go, thin winding multistory carparks, low car long bonnet, as above have to go slow, supermarket parking, mpv's, bangers, vans,cars, with baby seats in or cuddly toys, i steer clear of, so girly usually jumps out so i can park in the corner where there r no cars, obviously when i return ive started a new line :(, and finally, speed humps, or badly potholed roads.

Its been my dream car since I was about 12 :) Now Ive bought one Im sometimes too paranoid to take it out. Its a pain to park, Im always worried of curbing the alloys (the edges of the alloys stick out about 1cm because the tyres are seriously stretched on).

Every time I take it out and park up I worry that It will get parking dings/scratches/abused!

Driving home last night I went past a impreza wagon, saw 2 guys jump in it really quick and come shooting past me wanting a race on town centre streets :rolleyes:. That sort of attention I could live without.

Sometimes these things spoil the ownership of the car, I think I need to realize its "just a car" and not a person that needs constant affection lol

I agree with what you are saying regarding the racing thing...

I get this alot, whether it's a Poobaru or a chav in a vauxhall Nova or something like that...:rolleyes:

In Basingstoke, there is always a meeting point at night in the Leisure park where all the Chavs are with their "fast cars" and if I am driving around in or

around the area, I always get some tw@t up my a*se wanting a race...:rolleyes: :(

love driving mine in the dry, really dont enjoy driving it in the wet, the arse constantly breaks away at junctions and roundabouts. Also i hate parking it as even if i park it at the far end of the carpark at tesco's, a hundred yards from the nearest car, when i come back there's always someone parked next to me, usually a MPV with kids toys in the back seat which makes me think a bunch of kids have swung their door into my sup :)

Same here, i try finding a place to park with a really large space from your car and the next, used to do that allot with my FTO in the old car park next to Cine World in cardiff on the ground floor (could not go up due to bodykit) and i know its not nice but i also if i have the chance i use the disabled car space, its a large space and the car next to you is a meter and half away from you, done this a few times in virgin mega store car park in cardiff too.:D:d

Can only agree with whats been said here. Pot holes have wrecked my o/s rear suspension and have to wait a while til I can afford to fix it so not enjoying driving it at all at the moment.

Pot holes, speed ramps/bumps, parking PINTA and danger of leaving it unattended somewhere open to nutters and vindictive maniacs isn't great. Rattles and squeaks are to be expected but the joy of seeing and driving it far outweighs the problems and I wouldnt give it up for the world :love: Its meant some lifestyle and route changes but as a single woman, I've always had to be careful of my own safety so it gets the same treatment ;)

Blokey attitudes towards girls in sports cars used to annoy me but now it just makes my smile bigger!!