60ft 2.256

Model JSpec

Turbos T67DBB

Boost 1.5 BAR

Trans 6 spd

Tyres R888

Event SantaPod

Were you running on your 18" rims?

Also I had to shift just as I passed the line which is prolly why it felt like I was lifting off

Hi Jay

Lift you rev limit another 500 and you'll be fine in 4th across the line. This will give you a 125 terminal speed then it down to grip to lower your ET's.

A good run then and your'll be hitting rev limiter just short of the 1/4 mile and it will mean better times :eyebrows:

Gaz

Hi Jay

Lift you rev limit another 500 and you'll be fine in 4th across the line. This will give you a 125 terminal speed then it down to grip to lower your ET's.

A good run then and your'll be hitting rev limiter just short of the 1/4 mile and it will mean better times :eyebrows:

Gaz

I was going to do that on the day bud, but what with the boost issue I felt there was no point pushing it when I was only going over the line at 1 bar. I've fixed my boost issue now though, fecking solenoid was sticking & gunked up inside. Sprayed some cleaner in & it's been boosting perfectly all day today, at least the car is 100% again :)

Decent going - just need to get that 60ft time down and the ET's will tumble down, there's high 10 second pass potential in your setup :)

York dragway is not the best strip, need to get some 800cc injectors fitted, my 650cc are running at 80% duty at 1.3 bar, with some 800cc in i can turn the boost up and get the car to santapod might get low 11's maybe

York dragway is not the best strip

Proper old school drag racing at York :cool:

Even let you run on damp surface 'just take it a bit easy until front wheel drive cars have cleared the damp' i was once told :D

If you can launch and get good 60fts at York you will be able to do it anywhere :eyebrows:

• 3 weeks later...

A few of my times from Crail yesterday - track was damp/wet so hopefully in the dry I can improve them:

Brilliant day out, car was very close with my friends TVR Tuscan, he pipped me very slightly with a 13.13 with a slightly better 60ft time but lower terminal speed.

TT 6 speed, BPU, J Spec, 19' Wheels 1.1 bar

RT: 1.005

60ft: 2.546

ET: 13.566

MPH: 114.8

RT:0.53

60ft: 2.373

ET: 13.191

MPH: 113.9

RT: 0.552

60FT: 2.493

ET: 13.406

MPH: 113.4

Does my 12.7 1/4 set at thunder road count?

It was a 1 mile event on a runway not an official drag strip. the 1/4s were recorded but not the main focus. :p

If so can you add it.

unknown et

unknown reaction

Uk spec

Stock (steel) 1.3 bar

Auto

18" toyo tr1

Thunder road - Woodbridge Airfield

BPU, Un prepped track, no burnout.

• 2 weeks later...

It was 5 years ago that I ran 11.822 @ 117.96 which at the time was the quickest time by a stock/hybrid turbo 6 speed manual car. Since then a couple of stock/hybrid auto cars have run quicker.

In 2008 I fitted a Powerhouse Racing Stage 1 single turbo kit with HKS F-CON V Pro which was dyno'd at 496bhp/492ft/lbs at the hubs at 1.4bar. Since then I have struggled to beat my best stock turbo time.

I got close last year with a run of 11.84 @ 120 but trashed the diff!

Finally after months of trying last weekend at Shakespeare County Raceway I finally ran a personal best of 11.671 @ 124.03!

The details are:

60ft - 1.961

330ft - 5.117

660ft - 7.665

1/8th mph - 96.33

990ft - 9.788

1320ft - 11.671

1/4 mpoh - 124.03

Can you add this time to the single turbo list

Simon

• 2 weeks later...

Time from York raceway today:

11.07 @130.82

60ft 1.5949

Toyo drag sliks 30.0 x 10-15w, BP ultimate @ 1.5 bar. Only got 2 runs in when we swtched ecu to 1.7 bar launch control came in @4500rpm and we could not get it to turn off. We are new to setting and adjusting the Solaris so probably missing some part of the procedure. Its a poor time in relation to the cars potential but 60ft times are getting much better.

Time from York raceway today:

11.07 @130.82

60ft 1.5949

Toyo drag sliks 30.0 x 10-15w, BP ultimate @ 1.5 bar. Only got 2 runs in when we swtched ecu to 1.7 bar launch control came in @4500rpm and we could not get it to turn off. We are new to setting and adjusting the Solaris so probably missing some part of the procedure. Its a poor time in relation to the cars potential but 60ft times are getting much better.

Good time Steve, nice 60ft.

Plenty more to come from your set it i'd say ;)

Hey up Gaz, what happened to you for TOTB and Suprapod?

On holiday so can't make either event :(

TOTB was on my list of things to do this year but misses booked holiday instead :rolleyes:

Would have been nice to run at Suprapod also as last year i had to run on 888's after arches killed my MT's :blink:

What you looking for out of your since all mods have been done?

Low 11's? ;)

Steve - brilliant time considering the days events! A 60ft to be proud of :thumbs: wonder what you could manage with radial tyres rather than full on wrinkle wall drag slicks.

Mikey - just need to get the 60ft time down, there's definitely a mid 11 in your setup going by the healthy terminal speed.

Saq - nice result as per your thread, you're on for an 11 with a slightly better launch with your current setup :)

Have updated the times - Steve & Saq, congratulations and welcome to the hall of fame - both of you taking 3rd spot for 60ft time in your respective classes :thumbs:

Steve - brilliant time considering the days events! A 60ft to be proud of :thumbs: wonder what you could manage with radial tyres rather than full on wrinkle wall drag slicks.

Mikey - just need to get the 60ft time down, there's definitely a mid 11 in your setup going by the healthy terminal speed.

Saq - nice result as per your thread, you're on for an 11 with a slightly better launch with your current setup :)

Have updated the times - Steve & Saq, congratulations and welcome to the hall of fame - both of you taking 3rd spot for 60ft time in your respective classes :thumbs:

Thanks for positive comments guys. The track at York had been prepped we launched the car @7500rpm no hint of wheel spin just satdown and went. I don't think radials will give as much grip off the mark, I have a pair of part used 325/50/15s from Kevin Huntley so we will se how they go at Elvington. We will probably use wrinkle walls at Supra pod.