The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Drag Racing Times

mawby

Hi Mods, can you put me down in the Singles table please.

Suprapod Aug '09

Reaction - .5762

60 ft - 1.7480

1/8 mile - 7.8915 @ 91.80

1000 - 10.17629.9959

1/4 mile - 12.1760

MPH - 115.37

GT4088R - 1.35bar

15 inch compomotive with MT/ET Streets

6 speed (But only used 4!)

Now for the 11's :eyebrows:

Thanks

Great 60ft mate, you got the hang of that:)

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 inch compomotive with MT/ET Streets

You ran wrinkle wall tyres?

As opposed to the road legal Street Radials?

http://performancewheel.com/cw2/Assets/product_full/mt_etstreetrad.jpg

These ones are the road legal, radial wall tyres. The first are drag only specials - there's a big difference between launching well on radial tyres and wrinkle wall drag tyres.

Cheers,

Brian.

Hi , an you update my details please.

sp74dbb .81ar,

running 1.4 bar

R888 tyres

no lunch / trac control, crap driver.

pod 2009

reaction .6570

60 ft - 2.1288

330ft - 5.4105

1/8 - 7.9521

mph - 98.77

1000 - 10.02

1/4 - 11.8404

mph - 129.19

I really think if i had some slicks i could get it down to further. But still not bad for 1.4 bar.

Hi , an you update my details please.

sp74dbb .81ar,

running 1.4 bar

R888 tyres

no lunch / trac control, crap driver.

pod 2009

reaction .6570

60 ft - 2.1288

330ft - 5.4105

1/8 - 7.9521

mph - 98.77

1000 - 10.02

1/4 - 11.8404

mph - 129.19

I really think if i had some slicks i could get it down to further. But still not bad for 1.4 bar.

Dam you! You knocked me down a place!

I swear i saw you have a burger though??? ;)

You ran wrinkle wall tyres?

http://www.ks-trading.com/mt-et-street.jpg

As opposed to the road legal Street Radials?

http://performancewheel.com/cw2/Assets/product_full/mt_etstreetrad.jpg

These ones are the road legal, radial wall tyres. The first are drag only specials - there's a big difference between launching well on radial tyres and wrinkle wall drag tyres.

Cheers,

Brian.

Actually it was neither!

It was the ET Drag which I now found out doesn't need much burn up though without it I was all over the track and crapping myself. Once I got 'em smoking they were great.

I also got a 1.69 0-60foot but missed third :rolleyes:

http://www.performancewheel.com/cw2/Assets/product_full/mt_etdrag.jpg

I think the most amusing moment of the entire day was when I lined up with you, I did my burnout then sat on the line, looked over you were still on the burn out , i changed the radio channel and looked over you were still there , press the CD to select a track and you were still there.....lol you meant business !!! you know when the car starts popping it means change gear !!!!! .... great chatting to you again ....

No update for me :(

After gouging to thick strips around both brand new MT's with the wheel archs i changed onto my R888's and only managed the slightly slower than last year PB :banghead:

Had a closer look at the MT's and they should be ok to run again when archs have been rolled :eyebrows:

Perhaps an 11 at York or Shakey before Japshow final weekend ;)

Sadly, I still couldn't better my time from SupraPod 2007 when I was completely stock :(

Soo was quicker than last year though, she and Sheena had a fair few runs together (Sheena's now BPU as well) Sheena usually had better starts but Soo's times were faster :)

Can you pls update Soo's to:

.9596 reaction

2.6831 60ft

6.5394 330ft

9.4372 1/8 ET

85.23 1/8 MPH

11.8460 1000ft

13.9959 1/4 ET

108.33 1/4 MPH

Cheers

G

My best time from the pod:

60 ft: 2.4

1/8 ET: 9.1

1/4 ET : 13.7

1/4 MPH: 106

That was running 1 bar I think. I never checked the gauge during the run. The evening before I was at 1 bar but noticed I was only at 0.8 on the way home. Maybe another leak again. I was running 18's with Falken 452's on.

I was expecting to be BPU this year after stock last year. Garage didn't complete the work so was still stock. Turns out I forgot my licence so couldn't compete anyway. Then got 2 huge blisters in my left front tyre and have an oil leak that's lost the entire sump contents on various roads across the UK over the weekend. Car now left in Watford at my girlfriend's parents' house while I had to get train back to Cheltenham.

I'm not happy.

What do you think we should do with these times on slicks folks?

To me it's not really in the spirit of it, I guess because I came at it from the mentality of a street car that could lay down decent times at the strip. The vast majority of times are on road legal tyres - times run on wrinkle wall slicks like the ET Drag or ET Street or Toyo DRR1's mentioned are a different kettle of fish and IMO not a fair comparison. Nailing an excellent launch on radial tyres is way harder than on wrinkle walled drag slicks...

What do you think we should do with these times on slicks folks?

To me it's not really in the spirit of it, I guess because I came at it from the mentality of a street car that could lay down decent times at the strip. The vast majority of times are on road legal tyres - times run on wrinkle wall slicks like the ET Drag or ET Street or Toyo DRR1's mentioned are a different kettle of fish and IMO not a fair comparison. Nailing an excellent launch on radial tyres is way harder than on wrinkle walled drag slicks...

I with you on this, street legal tyres are definetly harder to launch than wrinkles.

Slicks are pro class not street class

But were do you draw the line, pump fuel or race fuel?

Door cards or fully stripped interior?

2 matching front seats?

Weight limits?