mawby

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

NOTE: This thread is for times ran at UK Drag Strips, namely; Santa Pod, York Raceway, Shakespeare County Raceway, Crail Raceway, Avon Park Raceway, Bishop's Court, Thorney Island, and Elvington Airfield (TOTB)

Not gonna mention the full drag slicks either :taped:

Only way to really compare is on the same strip on the same day with the same type of tyres - road / drag radials / slicks.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know an average ET speed to reach a high 10 second pass? Im trying to work out with my car what time I can achieve but I know theres so many variables in it. Could doing 0-120mph in 10 seconds mean it will do the quarter in 10 seconds? Im just confusing myself so is there a rule of thumb for trap speeds vs times?

Or I suppose waiting to the next event would seem logical :think:

Does anyone know an average ET speed to reach a high 10 second pass? Im trying to work out with my car what time I can achieve but I know theres so many variables in it. Could doing 0-120mph in 10 seconds mean it will do the quarter in 10 seconds? Im just confusing myself so is there a rule of thumb for trap speeds vs times?

Your car will do a 10 I would have thought mate, it's very very quick off the mark

IIRC the 10 second passes were closer to 150mph.

Your car will do a 10 I would have thought mate, it's very very quick off the mark

Thanks mate 10 seconds is what im hoping for, I know its a cliche but having a 10 sec car is what ive always wanted to achieve but without actually doing it and just going by a stopwatch doesnt mean anything. I would be very happy with a 10 second pass tho I hope the next drag event goes forward...

Thanks mate 10 seconds is what im hoping for, I know its a cliche but having a 10 sec car is what ive always wanted to achieve but without actually doing it and just going by a stopwatch doesnt mean anything. I would be very happy with a 10 second pass tho I hope the next drag event goes forward...

Just give the strip ai blast and find out. I have always wanted a Ferrari but can't afford one so I'm building something that will eat one!!!

My first 10 was a 10.9 at 126mph, with good tyres your setup should be able to get a 10 easy enough, auto box rules the strip.

I have faith in your words Jamie :) Although it might be close I might ask Ryan to make a map just for short drag runs maybe turn the boost up to 2bar and sneak some nitrous in on 3rd.