The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Llandow track day - discussion and pictures in here please

Branners

How does Bedford Aerodrome shape up?

It was already mentioned mate :D

The costs are incredibly high on purpose to stop clubs from trying to book it. You'd be looking at £400+ per car to have a mkiv track day there and massive noise restrictions (no open wastegates) :( It's a non-starter

Which is a real shame as the GT curcuit is perfect for the supra...

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was already mentioned mate :D

The costs are incredibly high on purpose to stop clubs from trying to book it. You'd be looking at £400+ per car to have a mkiv track day there and massive noise restrictions (no open wastegates) :( It's a non-starter

Which is a real shame as the GT curcuit is perfect for the supra...

George Bolton (Kermit) managed to do a Bedford day with an open wastegated Supra, but he has had a quiet exhaust built for his car. Still, he managed it, however marginally.

What about somewhere like Castle Combe? Tis a fun track to drive, and a friend of mine recently did a club day there, think he said the cost was around the £100 mark for the day. I believe their noise limit is 100db at 4.5k standstill, I don't think they measure driveby.

You were incredibly lucky with Llandow, I can't think of any proper MSA licensed circuits which would be as lax with noise as there. My Zeus would struggle at most places, and I consider it pretty quiet. I have to use a different silencer to the one that was on it at Llandow, when I go to those. Externally vented wastegates would be a killer for most places, too. Combe is notoriously strict on noise as they operate on a wing and a prayer under the eagle eye of the local council.

You were incredibly lucky with Llandow, I can't think of any proper MSA licensed circuits which would be as lax with noise as there. My Zeus would struggle at most places, and I consider it pretty quiet. I have to use a different silencer to the one that was on it at Llandow, when I go to those. Externally vented wastegates would be a killer for most places, too. Combe is notoriously strict on noise as they operate on a wing and a prayer under the eagle eye of the local council.

Would you come back to Llandow, Chris?

Suspension mate, fix the suspension!

i like it low!! the suspension is fine.. just need it a bit higher is all. giving people the wrong idea !! i just cant get over track humps.. it really depends on when the days are and how much money i have at the time. i really need to get new pads and brakes and braided brake lines.. firest tbh..

check this steve not sure if youve seen it

http://www.trackdays.co.uk/tracks/

all the tracks in the uk i think- might give you an idea..

oh and alex my spoiler rocks mate!

New tyres? brakes? brake fluid?

Luckily I had new brakes this time round, but fluid is going to need a change I reckon (about due anyway). My rear tyres are pretty buggered now after this and Supra Pod. OH well, small price to pay for all those grins.