The mkiv Supra Owners Club

whats enough power

_Shane_

Guest CoolsBlue
Depends on how you drive it though, if you're going to mach 10 then there is no difference really...:D

:dlets face it...na takes it.

mach 10...:rlol:

My PHR stage 1 with 1.6 bar is nice for street use. :D

I have proper traction with street tires in 3rd gear (condition : outside temp over 15 degrees ... other wise the wheels spin in third) ... with street slicks even in 2nd (condition properly warmed up).

My clutch (RPS with flywheel) is nice driving in all conditions.

I would not push the power further ... Luxembourg roads are not long enough for more power :p

To be honest, you get used to it. Although I was suprised how sluggish my TT felt when it was completely stock, it wasn't until I got rid of the stock exhaust that it felt properly 'alive'.

i understand what you're saying; my fiesta poplar plus felt fast back in day, now i drive a 380bhp supra, and that has started to feel the sluggish. im sure a SSC ultimate feels tame to someone! where does it stop

my soup doesnt need a rebuild,car runs perfect :) but i was told if i was to go single

then i better off to do it right with proper parts

Was thinking of a hks twin setup. Firstly when i had my car on a dyno it was pushin

480-500bhp but i got put in place here when i said that (even had the dyno graphs)

just tells ya that the rollers it was tested on were a joke.

Had the car on the rollers twice - dyno dynamics, nick named the Ego breaker in the

car scene lol and 397bhp and 430 ft lbs torque, will throw up graph if needed :)

When choosing a turbo kit 1 half of me is saying bigger the better, more braggin rights

etc etc and then the other half is saying, quick spooling turbo, lots of fun.

the thing that has me struggling to make a decision is the bhp im going to get for the

thousands spent on the build e.g full rebuild with a t67 - 550bhp gain of 150bhp

for x amount of ££££'s or say 750-800 bhp, gain of almost double for the same price

only difference that been the turbo kit i choose to use :(

Will have to have a right think about this before i do anything

Be nearly half tempted sometimes to get a flight over to the uk, meet some of ye

lot with single conversions and see what i think.... we got no singles where i live :(

I had one of those. :D red faded to orange all over, windows that rattled when you went above 70, 0-60 if you were lucky, no glove box just a hole in the dash, 1.1 litres of sheer power!

mine was a 1.0 with pepperpots. crashed it into a bush. i believe it also had a redline sticker in back window and a top of the line cassette player

to be deadly honest, i would love the 550bhp in my supra. My supe is running full bpu + fmic at the moment, but i guess you just get used to the power. Sometimes i say to myself 'corr i need more power', but then one of your mates get in the passenger seat and you plant that right foot and he turns around and says coor your supra is fu**ing quick. That puts the smile back on my face. :D

When choosing a turbo kit 1 half of me is saying bigger the better, more braggin rights

etc etc and then the other half is saying, quick spooling turbo, lots of fun.

the thing that has me struggling to make a decision is the bhp im going to get for the

thousands spent on the build e.g full rebuild with a t67 - 550bhp gain of 150bhp

I wouldn't get hung up on big power figures, what I would aim for is useable power, 550-600hp is more than enough on the road. 150hp more than you have now may not seem much, but it will literally feel twice as fast, because of the way the power is delivered.

for x amount of ££££'s or say 750-800 bhp, gain of almost double for the same price

only difference that been the turbo kit i choose to use :(

A reliable 700-800hp Supra would need a complete engine rebuild with stronger internals, which would end up costing you a LOT more money.