The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Chav cars VS Supra etc

supraspeed

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no im not, im not white, i dont think in coloured;) i dont talk all weird, i think your an adult chav rbh:taped::djust look at your supra...

what is it you always say...OH YEA

HTH...

oh yea and is that the hardest thing you could say? knob? ROFL...

I've read this several times and I honestly haven't got a clue what it means. I understand the last paragraph, but the rest of it is completely baffling.

I've read this several times and I honestly haven't got a clue what it means. I understand the last paragraph, but the rest of it is completely baffling.

Glad it's not just me then.

I've read my own post and the one quoted a number of times in an attempt to make sense of it but no joy as yet.

This forum has hundreds of Supra owners who have chaved up their motors. Some of the modifications are nothing short of shocking.

Coolblue, you have an NA auto with three spokes finished in a nice shade of battleship grey primer so perhaps you might want to step outside of the greenhouse before lobbing a stone or two.

Has anybody on here paid there due,s and done anthing to there own cars or did you all go from daddys car, to a car daddy paid for. Everybody starts lower down the scale unless you are rich? So the cars are not to your taste, that does not mean there wrong,most of us who have been into cars for a long time cut our teeth on so called lesser cars,THAT IS the idea of making them look different & go faster. May be you all should read up on history of hot rodding, thats what i thought this was about

I apreciate not everyone has the same income however that still dosnt mean that sticking a massive fake carbon wing to a corsa is right

A slightly different slant on chavs found on another website:

Criticism of the stereotype

The widespread use of the chav stereotype has come under criticism; some argue that it amounts simply to snobbery and classism,[4] and that serious social problems such as Anti-Social Behaviour Orders, teenage pregnancy, delinquency and alcoholism in low-income areas should not be scoffed at. Critics of the term have argued that its proponents are “neo-snobs,”[18] and that its increasing popularity raises questions about how British society deals with social mobility and class.[16] In a February 2005 article in The Times, Julie Burchill argued that use of the word is a form of “social racism,” and that such “sneering” reveals more about the shortcomings of the “chav-haters” than those of their supposed victims.[19] The writer John Harris argued along similar lines in a 2007 article in The Guardian.[20]

Burchill also produced a Sky One television programme on the topic where she sought to link the word with the entire working-class population. The controversy around the term was also the subject of a Channel 4 documentary in July 2005, simply entitled Chavs.

Just read this and a few things from my perspective:

1. Agree with the metal fans - love my metal :D

2. When I was at Univrsity in Bath, my mates and I used to go to non-student pubs/clubs and lots of people were surprised we were students as they thought we were 'townies' ie town folk not students, so I agree with Wikipedia

3. LOL (is that chav?) at michael's posts :D

4. Did not understand Coolsblues post in reponse to michael's post

Just read this and a few things from my perspective:

1. Agree with the metal fans - love my metal :D

2. When I was at Univrsity in Bath, my mates and I used to go to non-student pubs/clubs and lots of people were surprised we were students as they thought we were 'townies' ie town folk not students, so I agree with Wikipedia

3. LOL (is that chav?) at michael's posts :D

4. Did not understand Coolsblues post in reponse to michael's post

Jaymdee I went to uni of bath as well, what year you graduate? I was 2003.