The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Chav cars VS Supra etc

supraspeed

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one of my best mates about 6 months ago was given 7k from his dad to buy a new car. he was going to get a newish corsa 1.4 and spend the rest on modding it. but after he saw my supe we went on a slightly different tangent (to the annoyance of his dad lol) and bought a 300bhp honda integra type r. i had one before but he didnt realise how cheap they were now days. so now he's modded that lol

To me if a saxo, corsa, 106 etc is done up well, ie it has a good kit fitted well and the work has been done then it dosnt instantly scream chav. It does however scream WHY?... Yet each to their own. The difference is tast and the way it is done.

I have seen only 1 decent looking saxo in my life. Was stunning dare I say that.

I do eagerly await pics of your newly painted orange supe. I am debating whether to kit mine up and keep it or sell it :blink:

There IS a difference between chavs and 'us'. It's our way of life. We love our cars and see them as our hobby, or passion, and we like to make them looks good, drive well, and treat them with respect. Chavs, or barryboys just want to look good infront of their mates, with the lairiest bodykit they can find, the biggest wheels they can fit on, the biggest, loudest subs they can get, and drive their car like they just stole it. They dont properly maintain the car, or the engine, they put on induction kits which lose power to the engine, the loudest exhaust they can find, and claim rediculous BHP gains from it. Their knowledge is very limited in most cases, where as we pride ourselves on looking after all aspects of the car, we dont rag them round the streets with cold engines to show off to underage girls who know no better. We have style, they have 'bigger is better'.

There are similarities between us to the un-educated, which are that we have loud cars which draw attention.

When we drive our cars - we are clearly insight if you look in your mirror, chavs however are peeping over the top of the steering wheel as their seat is reclined to the lying down position! Completely blacked out windows and HUGE sunstrips with 'Saxo' on it... Just incase you weren't quite sure what the car is/was!

Our first thoughts on modding are usually tidying up the paint and body work, wheels, cleaning up the interior, adding guages, then BPU. Their first thoughts on modding are 20" rims from halfords, lexus rear lights, and a sound system!

There's no end of "Chavs" that own Supras. A few common tell tale signs that you're a chav are...

Spending four figure sums on wheels but won't spend £600 on a set of decent quality tyres and still have j-spec brakes.

Starting new threads asking which is the "best" dump valve (and when asked what they mean by best say "u no the loudest lol"

Writing "egay" or "fleabay" when referring to a well known online auction site.

6000k (or higher numbered, lesser powered) aftermarket HID headlights and/or 'angel eyes' on their Toyota. (from fleabay usually)

And all the usual other signs: facial piercings, GF/Mrs has a lower back tattoo, kids with surnames or placenames for first names.

But what does everyone think really is the difference between both sets of people with pumped up cars? I'm not a chav by the way lol...

'lol'

There's no end of "Chavs" that own Supras. A few common tell tale signs that you're a chav are...

Spending four figure sums on wheels but won't spend £600 on a set of decent quality tyres and still have j-spec brakes.

Starting new threads asking which is the "best" dump valve (and when asked what they mean by best say "u no the loudest lol"

6000k (or higher numbered, lesser powered) aftermarket HID headlights and/or 'angel eyes' on their Toyota. (from fleabay usually)

And all the usual other signs: facial piercings, GF/Mrs has a lower back tattoo, kids with surnames or placenames for first names.

:rlol:

Fantastic post.

To most of the outside world, the difference between someone modifying a Supra and someone modding a Saxo is non-existent.

I bet you could find a thread very much like this on a Star Trek site, where Deep Space 9 fans (or whoever) are looked down on as not being 'real trekkers', condemned to lower status by their inferior choice of show.

Disclaimer: I know nothing about StarTrek. It's an analogy.

Fantastic post.

To most of the outside world, the difference between someone modifying a Supra and someone modding a Saxo is non-existent.

I bet you could find a thread very much like this on a Star Trek site, where Deep Space 9 fans (or whoever) are looked down on as not being 'real trekkers', condemned to lower status by their inferior choice of show.

Disclaimer: I know nothing about StarTrek. It's an analogy.

Ah. I used to enjoy Deep Space 9. Now I know my place. :(

:D

There IS a difference between chavs and 'us'. It's our way of life. We love our cars and see them as our hobby, or passion, and we like to make them looks good, drive well, and treat them with respect. Chavs, or barryboys just want to look good infront of their mates, with the lairiest bodykit they can find, the biggest wheels they can fit on, the biggest, loudest subs they can get, and drive their car like they just stole it. They dont properly maintain the car, or the engine, they put on induction kits which lose power to the engine, the loudest exhaust they can find, and claim rediculous BHP gains from it. Their knowledge is very limited in most cases, where as we pride ourselves on looking after all aspects of the car, we dont rag them round the streets with cold engines to show off to underage girls who know no better. We have style, they have 'bigger is better'.

There are similarities between us to the un-educated, which are that we have loud cars which draw attention.

When we drive our cars - we are clearly insight if you look in your mirror, chavs however are peeping over the top of the steering wheel as their seat is reclined to the lying down position! Completely blacked out windows and HUGE sunstrips with 'Saxo' on it... Just incase you weren't quite sure what the car is/was!

Our first thoughts on modding are usually tidying up the paint and body work, wheels, cleaning up the interior, adding guages, then BPU. Their first thoughts on modding are 20" rims from halfords, lexus rear lights, and a sound system!

Oh for goodness sake.....

I hope this is posted in jest. Sounds like Pulp's Common People!!!

If you're a petrolhead that's it - you'll find pride in what you drive.

I love it all!!!

:flame:

I think i would agree that chav is not really so much car related, more type, as for car modifying there is not a vast difference between a Supra or Skyline tuned, kited, painted etc, to a Corsa, Golf etc with the same level of mods, its more down to the age, experience and personality of the owner.

I have seen some very nice modded non performance cars, and likewise i have seen some truly abominable prestige/sports cars, its all down to people and the reasons mentioned before for modifying, we cant all have good taste, money and wisdom, just increments of them all;)

Edited by Tricky-Ricky (see edit history)

Guest CoolsBlue
I wouldnt call you brainless ;)

Im not a chav, no way. Have you seen my supra? defo not a chav car thats just an insult:( if i was i guess the supra would have a veilside front and a ebay spoiler on crappy rims + eyelids and a tiny exhaust tip:d...im just different to all the others my age.

Im not a chav, no way. Have you seen my supra? defo not a chav car thats just an insult:( if i was i guess the supra would have a veilside front and a ebay spoiler on crappy rims + eyelids and a tiny exhaust tip:d...im just different to all the others my age.

Bad spelling... check.

Terrible punctuation... check.

Used "defo".... check.

Generally comes across as a bit of a knob... absolutely.

There are 100's of people on here who I would consider "chav", you are one of them.

And all the usual other signs: facial piercings, GF/Mrs has a lower back tattoo, kids with surnames or placenames for first names. [/Quote]

WAIT WAIT WAIT a minute there dude!! collectively i have 5 facial piercings and others that aren't classed specifly as face but on head region and i'm CERTAINTLY not a chav! unless your referring to the " madonna" facial piercing in that case your right. and your DEFINTLY right about the kids names LOL but those kids are out causing havoc anyway!

They are chavs cos the people doing it are the lairy people- burberry wearing, will mug you for no reason, wear tracksuit trousers act like idiots and pretty much go on Cruises to impress their mates with the loudest sub they can get pumping out the most attrioucious music you've ever heard and doing crappy doughnuts.. at this point go look it up on youtube!

i saw a saxo yesterday driving home, he had an un sprayed body kit on it, loud exhaust and listed the part he had on his car.. proper ricer stylie... on of them was RIPSPEED!! who in their right mind would do this!:search:

what i personally find the most irritating is the chavs that drive supras but dont treat it with any respect. the reason why i love the this place is cos everyone on here.. well most hehe are actual enthusiasts and actually enjoy their cars- and understanding all about it giving the care and attention it deserves.. that wasnt supposed to sound gay ! LOL

Edited by Firestorm (see edit history)