The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Oh for the love of god!

Matt H

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sad to see you are still having problems, i know how you feel

To be honest it could be something really simple and a very quick fix, it takes very little oil on something hot to cause smoke, I had a weeping oil feed connection that caused a lot of smoke when a few drips went onto the turbo, it has to be put down to a rebuild/engine work settling down sometimes, it does not look like much damage was caused

I would get a fan shroud on there if I was you as that can be helping with the cooling, you said your gauges are not working, my Defi's have saved me a couple of times from overheating and one occasion poor fuel pressure due to a spilt line for example

Hope you get it sorted soon, where will you take it now ??

This morning i come home and take a look at the car and think about whats happened and my conversation with Mr Wild last night.

As I said on the phone last night matey and despite all the friendly banter over your car mate I do feel for you! As you my friend would make KDW Mr 5000hp look like a cheap skate after the sums of money you've spent!

But like I said you need to start learning from you're mistake and start listening mate as I hate to say I told you so, BUT I DID! How many times did I say don't drive the car! and before anyone starts, I mean that in the kindest/best possible way as I was really concerned for the safety of Matt and the people around the car! To the point of me dropping stubble hints at Mascrat last month like "There is no ****ing way I'm going for a test drive in that" but mate as I said every cloud has a lining! and you are lucky! You could be dead right now! If this is the state of the engine what are the brakes like :blink:

As I said you are far to trusting in thinking that everyone can or does a good job! especially in the tunning world.... or thats what I found over the last 10 years or more!

Again matey I'm really sorry :( however you need to stop and have a good long hard think about what your going todo and if I was mine I would wait for Michel to get the rest of his cars sorted and get trailered to him with a open deadline giving him time to work through the car and check EVERYTHING! Again if it was me and the turbos/engine were/are shot then I would do something very different like a V8 conversion or something a bit different! Oh and buy a fire extinguisher!

Again you know were I am if you need a chat matey :)

I reckon you killed a priest in previous life Matt.

My situation is a bit like yours mate. I got my car back for 12 hours on Thursday, woke up Friday morning and was greeted with power steering fluid all over my expensive driveway!!

We are not having much luck at the moment but at least my problems don't have too many zeros on the end of them.......:blink:

H.

Sorry to hear about your car as well matey :( I did try and ring you back. If you need anything you know where i am :)

Will the drive be alright bud? fiingers crossed ;)

It'll live. It looks ok when wet, I haven't seen it in the dry yet......:rolleyes:

Sorry to hear about your car as well matey :( I did try and ring you back. If you need anything you know where i am :)

I know you rang me back mate but I have been really busy. The car is back in the garage so I should get it bck Monday ish!!

H.

Not a nice experience.

its so important to have a fire extinguisher in the car. Even i have one and i dont do prepared.

Deffinitely agree with that and branners is the most valuable advice, common sense really id say Hot engine bay even hotter turbos add petrol/oil all supplied by gallons of yummy oxygen at 70+ leptons not to mention possibly 15 year old pipework being shaken around by after market tweaked suspension, time bomb in my oppinion.

No excuses peeps thousands spent on mods and just 20-30 quid for a decent extinguisher.

Chris

if I was mine I would wait for Michel to get the rest of his cars sorted and get trailered to him with a open deadline giving him time to work through the car and check EVERYTHING!

Mate that is exactly right, this car needs time spent on it and everything needs to be checked. We sorted a number of items as requested and in a fairly short period of time. There were no oil leaks when it left etc but we certainly didn't have the time to check everything, and that's what is needed.

Just ask Dean\Tooquicktostop how many man hours have gone into his car to get it right ! I believe Matt Harwood spent a week on the wiring alone !!!

not to mention possibly 15 year old pipework being shaken around by after market tweaked suspension

Very true mate.

No-one deserves this sort of heartache with their car though mate, I hope you get it sorted.

Matt, I hope it gets sorted soon mate.

One things for sure though, once I start using my Supe again I will certainly ensure that it has a fire extinguisher in the passenger foot well. I'm not sure if it's ready to pack up yet with only 30K on the clock but this thread (particularly JB's advice) has got me thinking;)

Dude, really sorry to hear that (about the car, not the fact you have white trousers). The previous advice is sound, you just need to give the car the time it needs to get thoroughly sorted. I know it sucks to be without a Supra - I was going mad waiting for my respray to be finally sorted.

Hopefully it'll be something simple and not too expensive.

So sorry to hear this Matt and I really feel for you. I'm not good at being patient either so can understand why you can't wait for it to be right and drive it.

However there comes a point when you have to just wait and accept that, and I think that time is now. You're so lucky it happened where it did or the outcome could've been much worse.

Hope you get it fixed soon and then you can enjoy it ;)