The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Single turbo high temps problem, help pls

Batmax

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should, and do glow bright red under full boost. You need to tell us WHEN it glows red hot. It's possible the ignition timing could be too retarded, or the fuel mixture wrong, if it glows red at other times. Faults like those are engine killers. What ecu, who mapped it, and how? What AFR readings? What EGT readings? Where are the thermal barriers? Without those things WILL melt, even if the engine's running perfectly!!

Check ignition timing, check cam timing, adjust as required. Have it remapped in other words.

Cant see your map but going on comment made, i would get somebody competent to remap it before you kill the engine big time if you haven't already caused damage.

You NEED to get this mapped properly.

The map you posted is configured for a 3bar gm sensor, not a 3.5bar aem, the fueling and ignition curves are not be suitable for a GT67 turbo.

Wht AFR gauge are you using?

luck has nothing to do with it, you have not tuned it/got it tuned correctly

Plugs look mega rich (though only indicates recent exposure' date=' maybe at idle?)[/quote']

From the video it *sounds* like its running incredibly rich. I had the same issue a while back when the ECU couldn't adjust the injector lag.

Either way, that sounds like a massive overfuel.

I have quoted the advice in this thread, just so you can see the theme thats going here. Take the advice fella. People are only helpful for so long ;)

I have quoted the advice in this thread, just so you can see the theme thats going here. Take the advice fella. People are only helpful for so long ;)

very true, I think you should honestly sell the car and buy an oem turbo car and leave it at that

If you dont understand the need for the above then your last option is to have a guide who does, failing that your on to plums:rolleyes:

Probably the drink, it's all gone blurry. What are we supposed to be looking at here?

You need to click the pics Chris, and it'll open up the video behind them :D

If you're trying to get Ryan.G's attention, you'd be better sending him a Private Message mate.

You cant read error codes with the AEM as it dose not support that feature , To be oncied Mate as has been said time and time again leave your car alone as you don't seem to have a clue what your doing! And are going to cause yourself a lot of Gareth if you keep trying to tune it with out the proper tools ,

Your best bet is pm Ryan G and ask him to sell you a base map to get it running safe then take it somewhere to get full map .

Edited by supra matt (see edit history)

I think the noise you are talk is belt, why you say that, I have heard your advices so that the car is not stopped this goes.

I am not sure that this all in the car as well as the ryan here comes the car should be ok you understand what I mean I'm not trying to map it

Edited by Batmax (see edit history)