The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Single turbo high temps problem, help pls

Batmax

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will be able to tell if it's dbb by spinning it with your fingers if it turns very freely its dbb if you give it a quick twist at let it spin and it stops almost straight away its a normally turbo .

Yes, it's obvious when you compare two, but I think you'll see if it's a plain bearing easily enough.

• 2 weeks later...
Good news fella :)

Ryan sure does get around these days!! Bet he didn't mind doing this at all :D

Edit - what was the issue after all this? Was it just a bad map, or was it something else?

Was a map issue! Just abit too rich and retarded :D

Was not funny either when i saw 1.5bar peak on boost controller before mapping :rlol:

Nice work, I have to say again though, that breather right beside the turbine housing, surely that's a recepie for disaster?

What I need to change ?

I recommend Ryan to you all for me is the best, also soon you go map another supra with a GT72 of my friend is in rebuild right now.

Ryan do you have a good travel to your home ?

Regards and thank you very much to bring me again the feeling on these car that's one of my dream on same day I receive the new I gone be Dady again what a great day :D

What I need to change ?

I recommend Ryan to you all for me is the best, also soon you go map another supra with a GT72 of my friend is in rebuild right now.

Regards and thank you very much to bring me again the feeling on these car that's one of my dream on same day I receive the new I gone be Dady again what a great day :D

Maybe a Catch Tank setup vented back into the intake. Many people run breathers to atmos but venting hot internal engine gas that close to a glowing hot housing makes me shudder.

What I need to change ?

Hi

Yes was nice flight although the food on TAP is not the best :D

Feels cold here in UK

See you soon when i come over to do Jaoa friend skyline and the GT72 supra :)

Ryan

Was a map issue! Just abit too rich and retarded :D

Was not funny either when i saw 1.5bar peak on boost controller before mapping :rlol:

They should, and do glow bright red under full boost. You need to tell us WHEN it glows red hot. It's possible the ignition timing could be too retarded, or the fuel mixture wrong, if it glows red at other times. Faults like those are engine killers. What ecu, who mapped it, and how? What AFR readings? What EGT readings? Where are the thermal barriers? Without those things WILL melt, even if the engine's running perfectly!!

Not a bad diagnosis from a senile old git then? ;) Glad it's sorted!