The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1998 Genuine TRD3000 VVTI Triptronic 10,000KM

Ideally off the bat i was looking for around £25k, but im open to offers on it, unfortunately i had offers close or spot on the mark but as previously said from a couple guys who i just didnt want to sell it to currently as they wanted to change her outright and modify her beyond recognition which straight away i dont want to do unless it comes to that. Ideally if i can get close to what im asking i.e. within the 20's plus know she is going to a "good" home where i can keep up with how she is doing plus potentially buy her back down the line once im set up in aussie ill be a happily man.

Nice to hear :thumbs: good luck with the sale

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jon M
Wow at the mileage!:shock: Bet he cant bare to use it for fear of scratching it.

You kidding? Weather permitting she is out on a long distance run every weekend, absolute joy driving her for a long distance cruise, really made my day after having to get a 3hour train up to jurgen to be able to drive her back home in under 2hrs it was a shame the journey on the way back werent longer :D

(Sorry for the late reply to older messages just got a day off work which dont happen often plus sorted membership so just politely replying to older messages)

Nice to hear :thumbs: good luck with the sale

Glad to see someone else agrees with my sentiments hopefully someone that wants to buy her also shares that view on her.

Ideally off the bat i was looking for around £25k, but im open to offers on it, unfortunately i had offers close or spot on the mark but as previously said from a couple guys who i just didnt want to sell it to currently as they wanted to change her outright and modify her beyond recognition which straight away i dont want to do unless it comes to that. Ideally if i can get close to what im asking i.e. within the 20's plus know she is going to a "good" home where i can keep up with how she is doing plus potentially buy her back down the line once im set up in aussie ill be a happy man.

That is an absoulutely LOVELY supra and if i had the money I WOULD have that Supra!

Is your Supe an auto or a tiptronic Jon??

Guest Jon M
So tempted but my wife can't park for $#@!.

Your wife a supra nut like you then Gaz? Easy solution she drives it and you can park it for her, go on treat the misses im sure she deserves it :eyebrows:

ditch the wife :)

I didnt think of that one :D

Guest Jon M

Will check up on that one and let you know dan. Still not alot of real interest in her even though im open to decent offers. If i still have her by the end of the month ill probably put some people in a comma with what i might have to do to sell her but i really cant still own her when i leave for australia so time will tell. Going up on pistonheads this weekend.

Please Jon!!!, DO NOT sell this to someone that will rip it apart. This is a VERY rare example of a cracking Supra. This really is in need of a good loving home (with a heated garage).

I'm sure you're looking forward to Australia, but darn you must be gutted to leave this behind :(

jim

Guest Jon M

:taped:

Please Jon!!!, DO NOT sell this to someone that will rip it apart. This is a VERY rare example of a cracking Supra. This really is in need of a good loving home (with a heated garage).

I'm sure you're looking forward to Australia, but darn you must be gutted to leave this behind :(

jim

My feelings exactly jim but so far ive only had 2 decent guys email but she was a little out there price range other than that ive got 1 guy thats after her that wants to mod the hell out of her and dare i say it he mentoned the word *gulp* neons, which is why ive currently said no to the guy. other than that ive had a few emails recently asking if i would considering breaking her. So it really aint been very good so far.

Gutted is about right though but unfortunatley i cant afford to hold onto her when i move away plus trying to sell her when she is here and im on the other side of the planet wont be easy. Ill probaby drop her price more and see if that gets her a good home, as once im living between aussie and here ill look at buying her back if she is up for sale.

Guest Jon M
Wish your supra was manual..I would have done everything to buy her

In all honesty mate i felt that way when i brought her and i was going to do a conversion with a brand new getrag 6speed box but when i picked her up and drove her for the first time i realised the tip box is so smooth and quick to pick up the power that i decided to leave her be as i use her for medium/long distance dirivng the need or lack of having to change the gear makes her a very nice cruiser but when i do fancy a little more pace i just knock her into manual change and use the button/psddle shifts.

If he was willing, could you not leave it in the safe hands of Jurgen to act as sort of a broker for you?

That way he could ensure a good new owner and it gives me a bit longer to get the lottery up!

Already put the idea to jurgen and hes happy to do so, but my only problem is ive got alot of expenses ive gotto pay for when i first get over to australia, although my boss is fronting the majority for the initially, after that i need to start looking in buying perminant residents not only in melbourne but sydney as ill be working and living between the two so ideally the money will be a major help in doing so when it comes to deposits. Was originally going to be in perth in WA but got a better opportunity that some other idiot i work with declined so ive took it but its costing more so mainly need the extra finance behind me so i dont fall flat on my face, plus its nice knowing its there in the bank if needed for whatever reason.

just out of interest how many miles are on it now?

Mileage currently is 10,306 to be exact, but original import mileage was 9785km so ive done about 500miles give or take in her since ive had her (she never sees the rain or a short town run) so actualy "mile"age is around 6500 miles.

Guess im about right on that give or take so her present total mileage in miles is 6500, so anyone want a "new" supra? ;)

Pm sent mate.

On another note im happy to say ive finally got some genuine interest building for the TRD supe from people that know what a TRD supe is and wanting to look ater her and keep her looking the way she does, i was worried at one point i was only going to get a neon mad buyer but im starting to breathe a sigh of releif after getting some decent people interested that seem to want to look after her.

bump, come on how hard is it to sell a quality supra?

Any interest if she ends up getting broken? got one guy that wants to buy her and do just that, plus another who wants to change the wheels, interior (everything from dash, to seats front and back the lot) and wants to loose the genuine TRD hood. Got a couple of decent guys who just wanna take care of her working out their numbers so fingers crossed for the love of all supras one of those get back to me.

Any other interest feel free to drop me a pm or email me directly [email protected]

Any interest if she ends up getting broken? got one guy that wants to buy her and do just that, plus another who wants to change the wheels, interior (everything from dash, to seats front and back the lot) and wants to loose the genuine TRD hood. Got a couple of decent guys who just wanna take care of her working out their numbers so fingers crossed for the love of all supras one of those get back to me.

:shock:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.