The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Twin Turbi Supra Is Finally Finished!!! What Do You Think???

adnanshah247

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you know what problem is right that you have big wheels to get the damn grip on the road that you need but if you dont do the body the car looks crap, looks jacked up off the ground. i guess the bodykit does have it advantages. hopefully guna go japan in a month. apparntely a friend out there has a new turbo kit for my car, two brand new fresh limited edition hks turbos so im looking forward to them and as im in japan im getting the full works for the engine. guna cost a pretty penny but im not guna spare any expense on this car.

you know what problem is right that you have big wheels to get the damn grip on the road that you need but if you dont do the body the car looks crap, looks jacked up off the ground. i guess the bodykit does have it advantages. hopefully guna go japan in a month. apparntely a friend out there has a new turbo kit for my car, two brand new fresh limited edition hks turbos so im looking forward to them and as im in japan im getting the full works for the engine. guna cost a pretty penny but im not guna spare any expense on this car.

Twin aftermarket tubbies, what the heck are you planning for this car? :Pling: Is it only going to be used on the drag strip?

well honestly i havent got a clue!!! i need to see these turbos first and make sure they are what there meant to be. like you said before about engine suspension brakes etc mods. thats what i have spent most my money on. i dropped a fresh tt engine in and done quite few mods to it but i asked my friend in japan to get me some hybrid turbos or something and he pulled these out. problem is i read online how nuts the hks turbos are and a hell of a lot of work will be needed on the engine but i have the month to think about it whether i wana part with the cash and do such a big change to the car. what would you suggest homer?

Sounds like you're wasting your time and money so far.

Get acquainted on here, do some research, find out what you want from the car, than after a few months you'll be better informed to decide what modifications you might want to take. A good start would be to list which modifications you have made to the car so far and which companies have configured it (Geo, suspension config, etc). After that start thinking about the engine, but from the sounds of it you have an enormous amount to learn.

If your friend recommended the T88 then he isn't a friend (or hasn't got a clue). That is unless you're building a drag car? And you're not sure between a single or twin, dude, you have a lot to learn! Lol.

yeah i will do that, i do have a lot of knowledge so far but i need to learn more about all the different turbos. last thing i wana do is build an engine up drive to the shops and its exploded. well my friend in japan has the t88 on his sup and homer im telling you its a god damn bullet. hes had that turbo on his car for quite a while and nothing gone wrong but as he stated you cant just bolt a new turbo on u gotta do a serious amount of work on the engine for it to be able to handle the power. ill holla back at you in a few weeks so i hope you wont mind answering some questions for me. thanks

I think the first thing to do is to define, as Homer said, if you want a drag car, a pure track car or a fast road car.

If you go for a fast road car, fix yourself a bhp figure you want to achieve and look for the fastest spooling turbo. You shouldn't go for a PHR stage 3 kit on the road for example ... it's overkill !!:eyebrows:

I think that for 600 bhp (which is really nice on the road), boost logic and PHR offer very nice kits.

Just don't go for a big and laggy T78 or T88 turbo, just because that impresses people on the forums.

As for the styling on your Supra, you have to drive it yourself and look at it the most ... so do as YOU like it the most ... if you like the lambo doors ... let them on. :D

Last word ... regarding your young age, compliments for your works on the car so far.

well i think 6-7k is what ill have to play with.

What is the current spec of your car

If you wanting to do a 'proper' install; with fueling, cooling, ECU+mapping, etc. etc. then I'd budget for a lot more.

My personal choice of fast road set up would be either a Garrett GT35R or T-04Z based kit, both use double ball bearing races which helps them spool up very quickly. The GT35R would give you around 550hp, the T-04Z around 600hp.

I use a GT35R on my own car, positive boost is just over 2K rpm and peak boost in higher gears around 3500rpm. This is an overlay of my dyno compared to a BPU TT. As you can see you loose very little low down response compared to stock BPU TT, but gain massively mid to top end.

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/8753/gt35rbputtjn0.png

Mine used to be MP1 but its an awfull colour to keep shiny, always looks dull. Great colour post wash n polish in the sun tho.

Don't let anyones neg comments put you off the doors, not everyones cup of tea, but itd be totally boring if everyones supra looked the same.

tidy car all round I'd say, but facelift rear and headlights would top it off imho!

Tidy car all round

soz carrying on: - cars ICE fitting etc. and i have a really good job in central london evening shift which is giving me £13+ an hour so yeah i studied mega hard and did a lot of courses in all my holidays and made something of myself. i be honest i wanted the supra for a long time so i had a lot of determination and set myself the goal. now that i have done it i guess i will have to set myself a new target. probably guna get married now and raise a family LOL