The mkiv Supra Owners Club

mkivSupra.net Track Day - 4th October

SteveR

How come mate? :(

I was wondering actually, if you could get a vinyl wrap done on the front. I really can't see stones being an issue, probably even less when compared to driving down a normal road or motorway, but if you're worried, a wrap of some sort might ease those fears?

i didnt get that reply steve,

i meant me as person, car will attend also, pending some minor issues;)

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i didnt get that reply steve,

i meant me as person, car will attend also, pending some minor issues;)

Ah sorry mate, I thought you meant you were only attending, not participating. I was worried you'd dropped out then, being worried about stonechips or some such.

(Having not driven it yet I can't promise there won't be any stones on the track, but would like to think it's highly unlikley there will be anything to worry about or that anyone will pick up any damage :taped:)

I'll wear my green club shirt with "SteveR" on the back for the Friday night so I'm easyish to spot. I might even wear it on Saturday, too. :D

Ah sorry mate, I thought you meant you were only attending, not participating. I was worried you'd dropped out then, being worried about stonechips or some such.

(Having not driven it yet I can't promise there won't be any stones on the track, but would like to think it's highly unlikley there will be anything to worry about or that anyone will pick up any damage :taped:)

I'll wear my green club shirt with "SteveR" on the back for the Friday night so I'm easyish to spot. I might even wear it on Saturday, too. :D

smelly u, lol

im not worried about stonechips, purchased the car to do this stuff, although i need to hone some skills

smelly u, lol

:D

im not worried about stonechips, purchased the car to do this stuff, although i need to hone some skills

Cool, whatcha bringing now then? I'll need to update my list. PM me the reg (& spec, make/model) if you don't want to post it up.

Will PM you my reg as soon as I know what I'm taking mate ! That said, I'm currently white as a sheet, clammy and trying not to barf :( Don't usually catch bugs but this one got me :(

Not the only one.... with the weather being crap and the two of us coming down (Mel and I), not sure the car or us will be ready, so might have a spot going spare :(

(I've even had to help Ash with his car over the phone...:()

Stop with the lame excuses and get your butts there:innocent:

:rlol: :yeahthat:

I feel a bit grim, as if I'm coming down with something. I'll just try not to puke whilst driving. :D

Matt- traders are welcome to flog/advertise stuff at this event, erm not sure what that might apply to for your business but feel free if anything springs to mind. :thumbs:

Edited by SteveR (see edit history)

There's always a high attrition rate at these things. Any reserves would be almost certain to get a run if they just turned up, (but check with SteveR.... :)) as I have never yet been to a race or track day where a few haven't fallen by the way side with mechanical gremlins once on track. Putting on my voice of doom, has anyone checked out local recovery operators and their weekend schedules ;)

Putting on my voice of doom, has anyone checked out local recovery operators and their weekend schedules ;)

Excellant point Chris, i have been stuck in this situtation as many others have espically if you are with RAC (Run around Clowns) as they wont take you home if they think the car has been partisapating in any motorsport event.

Ryan

Any reserves would be almost certain to get a run if they just turned up, (but check with SteveR.... :))

Actually, there may be a few places coming available before we even get there. Illness/lack of car prep/change of plans and so on. At the moment we're still fully booked at 40 places but I suspect that won't last.

As always, if people want adding to the (now empty!) reserve list, just let me know.

(You could try turning up on the day and seeing if any slots have come free, but anyone who drops out after we've started is unlikely to be replaced as it's more hassle for the staff to repeat briefings and so on, and those people would have missed the familiarisation sessions, etc, etc. :thumbs:)

We have no need to ensure we have 40 cars heading for the track, it's all paid for and so on, so if we do end up with a bit of spare capacity it just means more track time for everyone else.

*keeps fingers crossed for an absence of any mechanical/other gremlins on the SteveRmobile* ;)

Excellant point Chris, i have been stuck in this situtation as many others have espically if you are with RAC (Run around Clowns) as they wont take you home if they think the car has been partisapating in any motorsport event.

Ryan

They will if you have trackday insurance which will pay for it ;)

Travelodge Friday Night

01. SteveR & Kate & Dan ~6pm

02. Pig and Gaz1

03. AlexM ~8:30pm

04. M5WTT

05. Pete

06. Bignum

07. Little num

08. Genesis

09. JamieP

10. Trig + Karen

11. Ian R

12. Muffleman

13. DaveF

14. Chris + Jo ~20:30

15. Rush

16. Lockys96 - 21:00 tbc

Travelodge Saturday Night

01. M5WTT

What time are they serving food until across the road? :D

Guest broome

You could be like me and just live 20mins from the track and have a mate follow you with a tow bar in the boot!:p

But il be fucked if a wheel and the bumper are hanging off:sos: