The mkiv Supra Owners Club

boot release - how to? :(

SupraStar 3000

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For members here having problems with the boot release, Simply fold down the back passenger seats. This gives you access into the boot from inside the car.

Easy when you know how.

Right,... anyone else have more questions!

I heard that too been told its a myth... without pics of each step of the process I don't believe you

I heard that too been told its a myth... without pics of each step of the process I don't believe you

I gave it a try but got stuck...

unlock the car using key fob, pressing the smooth button once

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364838857.808936.jpg

Or use the key (note of caution - the alarm may sound)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364838928.202996.jpg

Take your hand and pull the door handle to gain access into car

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364838962.904519.jpg

Once open you need to gain access to the back seats (so I've heard)

You may wish to place your foot in the drivers foot well to give you stability for this next step

Like so

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364839038.235777.jpg

From there you need to locate this lever on the seat

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364839070.590564.jpg

Pull the lever to allow the backrest to come forward

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364839180.961688.jpg

Now I've been told to find a lever in the back on the seats. This is what I think it MIGHT be but I got pretty confused so I left it there. I think this is it

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364839248.716645.jpg

Didn't want to pull it though just incase it was a parachute release. I heard they can only be used once so I am saving it incase I ever accidentally drive out of a plane.

[ATTACH]166783[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]166784[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]166785[/ATTACH]

You may wish to place your foot in the drivers foot well to give you stability for this next step

Like so

[ATTACH]166786[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]166787[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]166788[/ATTACH]

Now I've been told to find a lever in the back on the seats. This is what I think it MIGHT be but I got pretty confused so I left it there. I think this is it

[ATTACH]166789[/ATTACH]

Didn't want to pull it though just incase it was a parachute release. I heard they can only be used once so I am saving it incase I ever accidentally drive out of a plane.

:rlol:

Just a quick Qst, On step 4 where you put your foot in the footwell, which leg is it, right or left :blink: I don't want to cause an injury by putting the wrong foot in..

I don't like this one pull seat lever thing, think I will just leave my boot closed

Just a quick Qst, On step 4 where you put your foot in the footwell, which leg is it, right or left :blink: I don't want to cause an injury by putting the wrong foot in..

I don't like this one pull seat lever thing, think I will just leave my boot closed

I put my right foot in there but I'm a size 10 shoe...

Also just a quick one, whilst you're doing this I know many of us don't like to damage our cars interior so I use this little dip under the fuel release cap to store my keys. They are out the way, won't get kicked and your hands are free

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364840613.219235.jpg

[ATTACH]166783[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]166784[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]166785[/ATTACH]

Like so

[ATTACH]166786[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]166787[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]166788[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]166789[/ATTACH]

ROFLMAO!!! Very well done sir. :rlol:

Just when I thought this thread was about to die, this happens!

Quick question. What is the lever with the picture of the one armed robot on picture 4. for?

I've been having problems with my one armed robot for years,... maybe this will help.

Can anyone shed some light please.

When you pull it, your one armed robot should appear from a compartment in the drivers side footwell, and start refuelling the car. I heard on JSpec Supras, it gets confused with which pump to use as it can't understand English writing, and goes into meltdown.

Quick question. What is the lever with the picture of the one armed robot on picture 4. for?

I've been having problems with my one armed robot for years,... maybe this will help.

Can anyone shed some light please.

I always thought it was to deploy the robot masturbation device from the boot? Mine doesn't have it so guessing this was an optional extra from the factory? I have to make do with the stereo on long journeys instead :(

When you pull it, your one armed robot should appear from a compartment in the drivers side footwell, and start refuelling the car. I heard on JSpec Supras, it gets confused with which pump to use as it can't understand English writing, and goes into meltdown.

I always thought it was to deploy the robot masturbation device from the boot? Mine doesn't have it so guessing this was an optional extra from the factory? I have to make do with the stereo on long journeys instead :(

Well, one of us misunderstood "It gets out and grabs the nozzle......."

I wonder who it was? :rlol:

Marvellous Ed. Is that 2006 or 2007?

That is where we fist met and I haven't washed my cock since...!!

:rlol: :rlol: :rlol: I just laughed so hard I had to show my fiancée the thread - she was NOT amused,... and I sleep in the Supra tonight :(

I think its 2006 mate.

btw: I haven't brushed my teeth since!

Or washed my hair.

Good night that was :)

:rlol: :rlol: :rlol: I just laughed so hard I had to show my fiancée the thread - she was NOT amused,... and I sleep in the Supra tonight :(

I think its 2006 mate.

btw: I haven't brushed my teeth since!

Or washed my hair.

Good night that was :)

Kind of worrying about your recollection as I only met you in 2007. I'll see you at Jays BBQ soon.

Also the "fist" comment was actually a typo but maybe subliminal...!!