The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tuning a non turbo supra

sonic 306

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as you said earlier to no proper information being put on this thread and it should be closed,so what was the point of posting that.

Because it is such a joke, may as well continue on with the humour.....

I honestly don't believe you have read a single thing and taken it in, and on top of that, you have happily stated that you will commit insurance fraud. You are the sort of driver that cause the ones who ACTUALLY have insurance to suffer... (But not fully declaring your mods, your insurance is invalid and there you don't have any, FACT!)

Because it is such a joke, may as well continue on with the humour.....

I honestly don't believe you have read a single thing and taken it in, and on top of that, you have happily stated that you will commit insurance fraud. You are the sort of driver that cause the ones who ACTUALLY have insurance to suffer... (But not fully declaring your mods, your insurance is invalid and there you don't have any, FACT!)

it was said as an option not that id fully do it,its different here wich ive said about 4 times on the thread its not like england.as for humour i dont remember asking for that on the thread title.im just looking for info and links to engine mods for a non turbo thats all and trying to keep it on topic.

it was said as an option not that id fully do it,its different here wich ive said about 4 times on the thread its not like england.as for humour i dont remember asking for that on the thread title.im just looking for info and links to engine mods for a non turbo thats all and trying to keep it on topic.

Fraud is Fraud!!! Even in Ireland!

tbh its almost the same price for a fully fitted conversion and you get peace of mind too

i suppose the bigger the power you want the more cost you to get that extra bhp,it does cost serious money even to get an extra 20-60bhp outta your engine.

Guest Kruizer

Right lads yee have given Shane a kick in the arse. He gets it, ease off, price insurance today and its the same for a n/a as it is for a tt. No 1cent more. Gotta love the lack of intelligence with irish insurance companies !!! Ha, ha, ha...

For the moment Shane mate your better starting on an n/a since you've never owned a rwd and are jumping from 90bhp to 237bhp will be loads. 6 months down the line sell it and buy a tt or single turbo conversion.

Sorry this is my first post but I was having a scout around the site first and recommend this place to shane as i thought he'd get some good info. My bad.

Brendan

Right lads yee have given Shane a kick in the arse. He gets it, ease off, price insurance today and its the same for a n/a as it is for a tt. No 1cent more. Gotta love the lack of intelligence with irish insurance companies !!! Ha, ha, ha...

For the moment Shane mate your better starting on an n/a since you've never owned a rwd and are jumping from 90bhp to 237bhp will be loads. 6 months down the line sell it and buy a tt or single turbo conversion.

Sorry this is my first post but I was having a scout around the site first and recommend this place to shane as i thought he'd get some good info. My bad.

Brendan

It is a good source of information, but committing insurance fraud is wrong and it DOES impact those of us that ACTUALLY have it, so I don't give a toss what you think about giving him a verbal kicking.

Edited by JustGav (see edit history)

If you must spend £2k i would spend it on brakes and suspension. You will be far quicker point to point with well setup suspension than from an exhaust and filter. eben if the other car has 15 bhp more you will be able to brake later and take more speed through corners.

If you've not had a RWD car before then the way the supra can step out - even an NA- in the wet can be a nasty surprise if your not ready for it.

Also bear in mind that cars loose power over time. You'll be looking at a pre-facelift if you dont want to spend much. N/A's have been dyno'd at sub 200bhp. When you get one, get it serviced, change all your oils/filters/sparks etc then get it dyno'd if bhp means so much to you to see what you have to play with.

As for a NA-T kit, Boost Logic is excellent you still need an FCU and different ECU (AEM a good one) amongst other things. check out Club NA-T if your keen:

http://forum.clubna-t.com/

Avoid XS Power kits they'll beak up on you :blink:

Linda

i suppose the bigger the power you want the more cost you to get that extra bhp,it does cost serious money even to get an extra 20-60bhp outta your engine.

That's right. Law of diminishing returns. You'll spend lots of gaining just a few extra bhp, and you'll soon reach a point where you can't squeeze any more out of it without something more drastic such as a bigger capacity engine.

He's received plenty of good info, be just refuses to take any of it in.

FWIW I think he should spend the £2000 and the money put aside for the Supra on a totally different car.

thanks to the people who are trying to help me.and as for im not listening which is bull i am.it was a simple q what could i get for the engine for £2000 and links and what parts would ye advise to put in.all im getting is your wasting your money and get a tt.its my money and if i wanna put 2000 into a na engine thats my choice im only asking for help and links to the parts that i wanna get and that other clown keeps going on about insurance fraud.man what i do with my car is up to me im not here to talk about insurance fraud and i live in a different country so why do you care,build a bridge and get over it.i put one thread up on a supra forum looking for help and i get pictures of brick walls.if i wanted to piss up agaisnt a brick wall id go out my back garden and do it,i suppose thats fraud aswell is it.so to keep on topic again its simple what parts and where and thanks again for those people who are trying to help.

thanks to the people who are trying to help me.and as for im not listening which is bull i am.it was a simple q what could i get for the engine for £2000 and links and what parts would ye advise to put in.all im getting is your wasting your money and get a tt.its my money and if i wanna put 2000 into a na engine thats my choice im only asking for help and links to the parts that i wanna get and that other clown keeps going on about insurance fraud.man what i do with my car is up to me im not here to talk about insurance fraud and i live in a different country so why do you care,build a bridge and get over it.i put one thread up on a supra forum looking for help and i get pictures of brick walls.if i wanted to piss up agaisnt a brick wall id go out my back garden and do it,i suppose thats fraud aswell is it.so to keep on topic again its simple what parts and where and thanks again for those people who are trying to help.

c*ckjuggleingthunderc*nt comes to mind. People give you advice and not only do you ignor it you throw it back in their face.

Well f*ck you sunshine. Your now on the sh*t list.

PS I hope you crash, get busted for insurance fraud and get bummbed by a fella called Barry whilst doing time. :)