The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tuning a non turbo supra

sonic 306

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so just simple mods to the engine would probably be the best thing to do.

Yes, which you already have if its 237bhp already. You could fit a £400 manifold that might free up another 3BHP :innocent: but ask yourself, is it worth it?

If you have to spend the money, put it towards a nice set of wheels or perhaps some cosmetic mods. You will do well if you kept hold of it all, saved a little more and get yourself a TT a couple of years down the line.

as i said this is my first time getting a supra and i already said i know nothing about engines supra store just looked good from what i saw but know i know there shit thanks to ye,see im learing already so give me a chance this is all new to me the whole engine thing. as for the turbo conversions lads i live in ireland it works different here there no way id tell my insurence company ive a turbo my insurance would sky rocket.insurance companies here hate jap cars or anything fast.if you own a non turbo supra here your lucky if you own a tt your god at meets and must have money to burn.

as i said this is my first time getting a supra and i already said i know nothing about engines supra store just looked good from what i saw but know i know there shit thanks to ye,see im learing already so give me a chance this is all new to me the whole engine thing. as for the turbo conversions lads i live in ireland it works different here there no way id tell my insurence company ive a turbo my insurance would sky rocket.insurance companies here hate jap cars or anything fast.if you own a non turbo supra here your lucky if you own a tt your god at meets and must have money to burn.

Okay, hold on, let me get this right... you aren't going to tell your insurance company? thereby committing fraud? ENOUGH SAID!!

see insurance companies quotes here are crazy and young felles cant get insured into high powerd cars so they just by somehting like a honda civic 1.4 and throw a bigger engine into it and say nothing,loadsa people i know have engine conversions done here and dont tell there insurance company as there mad for for bigger engines so they dont care and the guards here are thick as 2 planks and wouldnt know a engine transplant if it slapped them in the face.

Edited by sonic 306 (see edit history)

see insurance companies quotes here are crazy and young felles cant get insured into high powerd cars so they just by somehting like a honda civic 1.4 and throw a bigger engine into it and say nothing,loadsa people i know have engine conversions done here and dont tell there insurance company as there mad for for bigger engines so they dont care and the guards here are think as 2 planks and wouldnt know a engine transplant if it slapped them in the face.

Unsubscribed...I'm done. :search:

in a nut sell my insurance is 1000euro full liscense 1.4 306 if i get a non turbo it goes up to 1700 with a diff insurance company and even my own insurance company wont quote me on a non turbo.i rang every insurance company in irleand and my own to get a quote on a tt and only one quoted me 4500euro for the year.now can you see where im coming from.

in a nut sell my insurance is 1000euro full liscense 1.4 306 if i get a non turbo it goes up to 1700 with a diff insurance company and even my own insurance company wont quote me on a non turbo.i rang every insurance company in irleand and my own to get a quote on a tt and only one quoted me 4500euro for the year.now can you see where im coming from.

Yeah, you can't afford the insurance, so you are going to commit insurance fraud and your justification is 'They are expensive...'. Tough sunshine!!!

Well how old are you and how many years no claims? Because 1700 euro's doesn't sound that extortionate if you're young with no no-claims.

if insurance wasnt so high then wouldnt have to do it,im gonna stick with the non turbo and just do a few engine mods id be happy if i got 250bhp outta it.

News flash, you don't have to do anything. And with a few mods you'll be lucky to get 250bhp. You seem to be missing that point, that everyone is trying to tell you.

Maybe a Supra isn't for you.

im well happy with that quote as i told them i will be taking it.my friends are shocked and suprised that i even got qouted its all about age over here,once your over 25 your ok but even at 24 you cant get quoted and are lucky if you do.whats insurance like over there?

If you don't tell your insurance company about engine modifications, what are the chances of them paying out should you need to make a claim? Rather low I think. At best it's a risky gamble.

(Mods, could someone move this thread out of non-supra technical please?)

PS just seen the tags on this thread!

About the same. 24yr old NA driver probably pay in between £800 - £1400 @ a guess. Yes its a little high what you are being asked of, but insurance fraud? c'mon.

lad no1 gets caught for it here,you dont realise how easy it is to do as the cops dont have a clue about cars over here about engines.my friend got caught speeding before and they looked at his insurance in his colt it said 1.4 and he has an evo 3 turbo 320bhp engine in it,they still didnt cope on that a 1.4 couldnt do that the speed he was doing.they just saw his insurance and tax and asked no qs thats the way it is here.

lad no1 gets caught for it here,you dont realise how easy it is to do as the cops dont have a clue about cars over here about engines.my friend got caught speeding before and they looked at his insurance in his colt it said 1.4 and he has an evo 3 turbo 320bhp engine in it,they still didnt cope on that a 1.4 couldnt do that the speed he was doing.they just saw his insurance and tax and asked no qs thats the way it is here.

Irrelevant. It is illegal and severely frowned on here.

lad no1 gets caught for it here,you dont realise how easy it is to do as the cops dont have a clue about cars over here about engines.

I suspect many over here don't either, but unless it's different over there the insurance company's assessor would no doubt spot the difference.