The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My New TRD3000GT No.26

Jellybean

All they do is fit uprated dampers, maybe springs too, and wheels with a bizarre offset. Whilst they no doubt look different and, well, wider, the suspension is a real cock up, IMO. They should have done them properly like Nissan did with the GTR v GTS-t and used wider / different subframes and moved the suspension pick ups out to match the increased track, or longer wishbones, both with sensibly offset wheels. They sure look pretty, but the kinematics are all to pot.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A nice looking car that mate. Am pretty jealous. Just don't feck about with it and keep it looking that way. ;)

Just Face lift Headlight and clear indicators going on soon, carbon fiber gear and Brake boots/ top secret gear lever then she is as I what I want

Looks great fella. :)

Did you ever find out if it was a genuine from toyota factory TRD, or is it just an after factory install?

From what I know she was brought back to TRD Technocraft in 2002 and kitted out, I wish I could tell you more but the two binders full of documentation is all in Japanese :search:

Not too sure about TRD Vin Plates Ja80 Vin Plate versus JZA80 TRD Vin Plate, from what I read in Blog below has confused me again to what Jurgen is saying

after factory install but noneless still looks good the orginals were ja80 on the vin..as opposed to jza80

(Hole history around TRD3000GT still a mistery, email TRD and nothing on WEB except about the MR2 TRD2000GT which mentions TRD3000GT)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_MR2#SW20_TRD2000GT

Car was built by TRD Technocraft so I am happy, same process and quality of materials/ workmanship