The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Real world 0-60 times?

ratm

found it of the last thread and its not a rolling start. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umpW2sWu_ao

That’s a rolling start and you have one of those weird speedo's. You are an absolute idiot if you are basing your 0-60 times on videos like this. It shows nothing at all

Get an accelerometer, do some proper runs on a runway, then people might take you seriously. Until then I LOL at you and your future posts ;)

I posted some real world data logs of a 6spd TT from stock, to BPU to single a while ago.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a crack with the video camera earlier, footage wasn't very good but i can pinpoint the needle moving off 0 and then hitting 60. I know this isn't as accurate as a GPS driftbox type gadget but by making a note of the frame times and then taking one from the other I get 5.32secs which I'm much happier with.

Ok it might in fairness be a little slower due to the accuracy of the speedo etc, but it's not 6.1secs. Minus the mate who can't use a stopwatch very well and his weight saving, things seem to have improved. I can sleep easy tonight knowing my supras not a complete heap :o)

im not basing it on that video at all i did that after my 1st run, and i just lol at you lot because i know what it was pushing 5.9-6sec. i just fined it so funny they you lot can not accept it but hay its up too you i don’t care im happy with it.

You really need to get this super-supra to a drag meet soon and show us all how quick it is ;) Japshow isn't too far way ;)

Sub 6s in an NA? you're having a laugh by carrying this ridiculous claim on. It doesn't bode well for your future posts & threads here as most will regard you as a “can’t be told” dimwit TBH.

What are the figures given by the manufacturer of the o-60 based on.. absolute perfect road & weather conditions with a spot on launch?. So sub 6 seconds.. sure thats not a twin turbo you have?

The OEM tests are peformed under perfect conditions, no mechanical symphathy, brand new car, etc. They are pretty much the best possible results the car can produce in ideal conditions.

Please, someone kill this thread, my eyes were bleeding after reading the last one.

For the love of god someone lend the guy a proper GPS/drift speed measurement device and put this to bed once and for all!!!!

How about if it shows he's right, us non-believers (me included) buy him a beer to show no hard feelings and as a congratulations for having one amazing n/a and an apology for doubting this miracle. If it's not near that time then he owes us a beer each;) Put your money where your mouth is:D

.....goes off to find a tankard to be filled for free.....:search:

Please, someone kill this thread, my eyes were bleeding after reading the last one.

For the love of god someone lend the guy a proper GPS/drift speed measurement device and put this to bed once and for all!!!!

How about if it shows he's right, us non-believers (me included) buy him a beer to show no hard feelings and as a congratulations for having one amazing n/a and an apology for doubting this miracle. If it's not near that time then he owes us a beer each;) Put your money where your mouth is:D

.....goes off to find a tankard to be filled for free.....:search:

lol sounds good to me this could turn out to be quite costly for the lad

unlikely as it is, no one has come up with a solid reason why its not possible, just that he didnt do it. Maybe he doesnt know his way around his engine & its modded up? who knows.

Seeing as there is feck all that can be done to an NA to make any real world gain Id' say it's unlikely in the extreme, In the case of Ray's very fast NA, it'd need some serious and very known mods to allow it anywhere near a stock TT (NOS, SM's, etc)

Maybe someone should write to the manufacturers and tell they have been doing their tests wrong all along. Would save them a hell of alot of money too!!

They can just ditch the gps equipment and use their wrist watch and extremely accurate speedos. Nice one!! why didn't they think of that before......idiots ;-)

Sorry only third post I know, but I can honestly say I've never read something so silly in all my life. 5.9 0 – 60 in a car that weighs nigh on 1600kgs and only circa 225bhp is just not physically possible.

Real world figures would be more like 7.0 at very best, I am buying an N/A purely because I can’t afford a TT yet and I want to experience the FR setup and the ability of the chassis and get used to it without breaking the bank and putting a 10k TT in the side of a building or something.

But I am under no pretence that it will be fast in any way, in fact dare I say it my previous car a FTO GPX manual would wipe the floor with an N/A supe purely because of the weight advantage.

Timing yourself with a stop watch is so inaccurate it’s unreal, proper timing equipment is what’s needed to properly measure the 0 – 60 times. Using a stopwatch you will knock a good second off a real world figure so that would mean 6.9 / 7.0 seconds which is more believable is what you’re getting.

Dont think these kind of threads bode well for the site. Specially to newer members.

Its almost bordering on bullying.

As mentioned earlier can we just let this rest untill he proves people right, or wrong.:search:

Not bullying, just asking him to put his money where his mouth is. To come onto an owners club forum and claim something even the manufacturers didn't manage to do, well, let's say I'm not surprised by some of the responses.

If proved wrong then I'll apologise for doubting (as would others I'm sure), but trying to argue a case with inaccurate tools just doesn't wash with us. Get the proper kit, try again and then let's have the debate.

Thread over......

BPU TT @ 390hp/517nm, gotten down to 5.6 to 62 using a performance box and there are no question that there is a sec or so to gain on the first few feet were I always light up to rears too much. Looking forward to summertime with warmer road and tyres.

Not bullying, just asking him to put his money where his mouth is. To come onto an owners club forum and claim something even the manufacturers didn't manage to do, well, let's say I'm not surprised by some of the responses.

Thread over......

Amen to that. I am quite interested to see what the recorded time is to be honest.

Theres far too much pressure on him now, i cant see him doing it. Sure this lot would be more friendly face to face though. Have to agree, considering the forum wants you to pay to use it (yeah theres a member pack....alegedly, wheres mine?), you have to treat the customers nicely.

"Real world figures would be more like 7.0 at very best, I am buying an N/A purely because I can’t afford a TT yet and I want to experience the FR setup and the ability of the chassis and get used to it without breaking the bank and putting a 10k TT in the side of a building or something."

If you wanna experience a fr layout for cheap money. S14a would do the trick much better option for less money if youre aiming for the TT in the near future. Ive gone from FF 170bhp to a twin turbo, just take it easy at first till you get the feel of it. The straight line acceleration keeps you entertained in the mean time. Its much nicer to know youre driving the biggest & baddest one too

"Real world figures would be more like 7.0 at very best, I am buying an N/A purely because I can’t afford a TT yet and I want to experience the FR setup and the ability of the chassis and get used to it without breaking the bank and putting a 10k TT in the side of a building or something."

If you wanna experience a fr layout for cheap money. S14a would do the trick much better option for less money if youre aiming for the TT in the near future. Ive gone from FF 170bhp to a twin turbo, just take it easy at first till you get the feel of it. The straight line acceleration keeps you entertained in the mean time. Its much nicer to know youre driving the biggest & baddest one too

Screw that S14’s are ugly and sound poo (Hates 4 cylinders) and the bottom ends fall clean out at any sign of boost or hard driving lol.

Don’t get me wrong a nice S14a has “Some” appeal but no where near as much as the nice sounding pretty looking Supra.

P.S. Im spending good money on an N/A I don't want a heap. ;)