The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Real world 0-60 times?

ratm

Well youre the one worried about rear wheel drive, if youre prone to driving into walls, the cheaper car would be a better option.

Im sure that a supra with 225bhp on tap & a supra with 325bhp when the turbo has kicked you up the a$$ is a whole different experience that driving an NA wont prepare you for.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That’s a rolling start and you have one of those weird speedo's. You are an absolute idiot if you are basing your 0-60 times on videos like this. It shows nothing at all

Get an accelerometer, do some proper runs on a runway, then people might take you seriously. Until then I LOL at you and your future posts ;)

I posted some real world data logs of a 6spd TT from stock, to BPU to single a while ago.

See, i said something similar, but then got told off by Mike for having a go ;)

Well youre the one worried about rear wheel drive, if youre prone to driving into walls, the cheaper car would be a better option.

Im sure that a supra with 225bhp on tap & a supra with 325bhp when the turbo has kicked you up the a$$ is a whole different experience that driving an NA wont prepare you for.

Erm... When did I say I was prone to driving into walls lol.

I just thought it would be wise to start with the lower powered version first, get used to the way the car handles and drives etc and when the time is right upgrade either the engine or the car to a single converted TT.

I thought there was good logic in that personally. :blink:

Dont think these kind of threads bode well for the site. Specially to newer members.

Its almost bordering on bullying.

As mentioned earlier can we just let this rest untill he proves people right, or wrong.:search:

Its been like that since forever, and would only be the same in a none internet based car club.

Imagine turning up to a capri owners club and telling them you had a bone stock car that did 0-60 in 4 seconds and imagine the response :p

considering the forum wants you to pay to use it (yeah theres a member pack....alegedly, wheres mine?), you have to treat the customers nicely.

Did you tick the link to request the members pack?

Im sure the club would prefer numpties to keep their money than turn a blind eye to their ramblings :p

Sure whatever you do will suit you best mate. Spring & summer is the best time for RWD cars, go get one.

I didnt tick any boxes, but who wouldnt want a pack thing?....whats in the pack?.

If he says he beat a civic next... theres a million reasons why the civic lost, on paper youd never win.

Actually the EP3 does 0 - 60 in 6.4 and allegedly the new spaceship FD2 is supposed to be the same due to having a drop more power and torque it also has different ratios in the gearbox to accommodate for the extra weight.

Either way the EP3 only weighs 1200Kgs, when you compare that too the Supra 1600kgs that extra 25bhp really is not going to make up for it.

Id love to stick up for the N/A crowd and boast all day long about them but honestly they don't stand a chance against most modern hatches.

Id love to stick up for the N/A crowd and boast all day long about them but honestly they don't stand a chance against most modern hatches.

I think thats the key part of this. The NA Supra isnt a hot hatch, its a refined and comfy GT car. Asking the NA 0-60 is as relevant as asking the Veyrons fuel economy or the Ariel atoms luggage capacity - just not what they were built for.

End of the day, for not much money you can hold your own against lots of cars, just less cars than you can in a TT :)

I think thats the key part of this. The NA Supra isnt a hot hatch, its a refined and comfy GT car. Asking the NA 0-60 is as relevant as asking the Veyrons fuel economy or the Ariel atoms luggage capacity - just not what they were built for.

End of the day, for not much money you can hold your own against lots of cars, just less cars than you can in a TT :)

Exactly, you get a lot of car for your money with an N/A it’s not a slow car by any means. Slow in my book is anything post 9 seconds to sixty, but it’s not designed to compete with things like Integra’s, Civic’s and such like, it’s more comparable to BMW’s and Merc’s in a certain sense. If you wanted to compare it to those cars you’d find it’s a bout middle class in terms of performance which is good considering it’s dry weight.

i had A feeling some of you would say the type r would be the winner lmao but iv raced them and beat them hands down so go on say it “that’s not possible” lol

Dude been readin this thread, but have to step in here, if your n/a soop is pretty standard on power, you would not of beat him/her - all things equal, they prob got a bad start or cant drive lol:p

i have had an ep3 and ek9 type r, [was vtec mad b4 the soop fever set in] having also driven, my mates n/a soop which has a filter and zaust, i can say hands down, it was slower. it's all about the weight

i had A feeling some of you would say the type r would be the winner lmao but iv raced them and beat them hands down so go on say it “that’s not possible” lol

Since Dude went "away" I have been looking for someone like you...

My new hero! :notworthy

anything's possible, a woman on top gear caned a van round the ring faster than a lot of guys in high performance cars, it's to do with the driver, the conditions, how well they know their car's ability, the road they're on etc etc.

I beat a GT3 the other week, because he wasn't trying, doesn't mean I'm going to say my car's quicker than one....

Also think the age of the supra vs modern cars, which will probably be more in their peak then ours are....

Hot hatches weigh naff all....

Hot hatches weigh naff all....

They used too, there too heavy now though wouldn't you agree?

For example the old school EK9 Type R (The Real Type R) only weighed in at 975Kgs, new cars today have got too many safety features etc the latest Civic Type R weighs 1267Kgs and stuff like Golf GTI's are topping 1400Kgs.

He may have actually beaten it, but not cause the Civic isnt up to the challenge. He might actually be good with this supra & the other guy might be useless with his Civic. Im assuming its a standing start in a straight line, hes not said where this took place.

Maybe you just have a very special NA, Im sure the rest of us are talking about all the other NAs that toyota have made when making comparisons.

If yours happens to be the faster than everyone elses by a considerable margain then I apologize for doubting you! As a few others have said would be nice to see your NA in action and maybe you can challenge for the fastest NA award at the next suprapod day.

it took Place on a road approaching a hill the road was clear we were doing about 30mph. I pulled out from behind him he started too pull away so I floored it and slowly passed him.

Sounds feasible to be honest, but it would be a different ball game from a standing start (dig).