The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Real world 0-60 times?

ratm

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to agree, considering the forum wants you to pay to use it (yeah theres a member pack....alegedly, wheres mine?), you have to treat the customers nicely.

OMFG..... wow, you have to pay a whole £10/yr or £30 for life. I'm sorry kind Sir, just what would you like for that £10 your majesty??!?? :rolleyes:

Do you have the faintest idea just what it costs to pay for the dedicated server (our own bought server by the way) that hosts this site, the data center space that it lives in or the maintenance contract that goes with it? And that's before mentioning the HUGE amount of bandwith this site uses and the associated software licensing costs...

This thread seems to have run it's course - what's say we bin it?

Cheers,

Brian.

Theres plenty of forums that dont ask for money, theres plenty of ads on here too from tuning companies. Not complaining about fees, just if you want the cash you (more established members generally) shouldnt scare off the newcomers.

when is this santa pod thing happening then?

Theres plenty of forums that dont ask for money, theres plenty of ads on here too from tuning companies. Not complaining about fees, just if you want the cash you (more established members generally) shouldnt scare off the newcomers.

when is this santa pod thing happening then?

There is one position for one banner ad at a time. Aside from that, traders pay for their own bit of the forum or to post in general traders section. It's all tightly controlled by the mods (the expensive mostly IT staff working for free for the club ;) ) and far from an unlimited free for all.

We haven't sold out to google adwords or various other advertising agencies despite several attractive offers - because above all else this club isn't about the money that could be made - it's about offering a quality and reliable forum to the members to let the club continue to thrive and prosper.

Just to make comment on the Type-r 1/4 mile times. I haven't once seen a stock one manage a 14sec 1/4 or the claimed 0-60 times. FWD and heavy footed drivers prevent it. After all the initial post is asking real world times. I dont doubt that its possible but the driver would have to be very very competent (and light) and the road would have to be perfect.

Having a RWD car makes it a little easier to launch than FWD so i think the Type-R and the Sup N/A would have a similar 0-60 time in real world situations. The weight of the N/A would hold it back a little but the fact that the grip would be there quicker would have them break even again IISWIM. The high revving in the type-r and the higher torque in the sup would make for an even race right through the 1/4 but without having a pro, or at least a VERY competent FWD driver, i think the Supra would win by a nose.

As already said all throughout this thread its a different ballgame reading times off a website to getting the power down under pressure.

Oh, sub 6 sec with 225bhp .... MR2 ;) Best recorded time in stock one is 5.4 iirc (was a Rev1)

I'll just have had a slight chuckle...considering I've got a 180 RWHP (221 in magically dyno FWHP figures) NA and while it is good fun, it isn't a competitor for a high revving hot hatch....

Rolling starts are different because the straight 6 will have the extra torque which will help.

As far as timing it goes? What difference does it really make. You are aware that racing on a public road is an offence strictly speaking if anyone wanted to get really tetchy about it...

If you like the car who cares...drive it..get there in one piece..simple.

As far as the £10 for membership, I think the tight knitness of it helps stop the dilution of knowledge, there are people on here who offer lots of free advice both traders and members which INSTANTLY makes £10 worth it.

Theres far too much pressure on him now, i cant see him doing it. Sure this lot would be more friendly face to face though. Have to agree, considering the forum wants you to pay to use it (yeah theres a member pack....alegedly, wheres mine?), you have to treat the customers nicely.

You haven't had a members pack because you haven't requested one using the option in your user CP. If you don't ask then you won't get, the mod that deals with members packs isn't a mind reader and the way the admin is set up for the site, requesting one is the only way you will receive one.

HTH. :)

As far as the £10 for membership, I think the tight knitness of it helps stop the dilution of knowledge, there are people on here who offer lots of free advice both traders and members which INSTANTLY makes £10 worth it.

:yeahthat:

Sorry i had to smile a bit reading this. Cant believe how long this discussion is going on for and its over the most stupidest thing. If matt thinks his supra does 0-60 in around 6 seconds then fine. Let him prove this to us. I thought it was around 7 seconds for stock n/a but i may be wrong. my old 270bhp mr2 turbo could only hit 0-60 in 5.57 seconds but weights a bit less.

I dont go by 0-60 times, i think its poor, a cars stats should really be 0- 1/4 mile or 30-70mph.

See, i said something similar, but then got told off by Mike for having a go ;)

Who, what where, I'll infract him for you ;)

Seeing as i dont even have the cars manual to read, all advice i get from here is invaluable.

I will try to find the "cp" & order an "mp"

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/profile.php?do=editprofile

Scroll down to the bottom and request the members items you want. Make sure your address is correct and save details.

Mike