The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bear in the house :)

Guest zoe

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some out of order comments in this thread :rolleyes:

You see this is what confuses me about this place - it's fine to say something is OK but it's never OK to say it's not.

Honesty seems to be frowned upon - if you attention whore you should be prepared for all kinds of feedback IMO.

If you want to join a forum to be part of the community that's smashing but joining up with a "look at me, someone said I'm pretty" type of approach just invites people to go against the grain IMO.

And orange writing is annoying.

All in my opinion of course, YMMV and I'm happy to accept that.

You see this is what confuses me about this place - it's fine to say something is OK but it's never OK to say it's not.

Honesty seems to be frowned upon - if you attention whore you should be prepared for all kinds of feedback IMO.

If you want to join a forum to be part of the community that's smashing but joining up with a "look at me, someone said I'm pretty" type of approach just invites people to go against the grain IMO.

As much as I hate to say it I have to agree with what Michael has said.

But in the same vain, because somebody posted a picture of themselves it automatically allows them to be criticised or abused . Perhaps thre should be a sticky at the top of new members with a link to the thread "show us your face"

Also end of the day people like different things, so just cause someone doesn't like the look of someone doesn't mean someone else wont like them..

Example = Body kit vs Standard

IMO standard supra's look horrible and thats my opinion and i wouldnt force it on someone else.

Also end of the day people like different things, so just cause someone doesn't like the look of someone doesn't mean someone else wont like them..

Example = Body kit vs Standard

IMO standard supra's look horrible and thats my opinion and i wouldnt force it on someone else.

And vice versa :D

Perhaps thre should be a sticky at the top of new members with a link to the thread "show us your face"

Or perhaps we should get over the whole looks thing and concentrate on the cars and those who enjoy them?

Bebo, Facebook etc... aren't they for the attention whores to get their fix of comments?

This forum is entertaining and I really enjoy it,... maybe at times,... a little too much. But the reason is the car.

Its a common interest we all have and why I joined

But it doesn't end there.

Together with obvious Supra element we also have a unique and carefully balanced mix of humor, technical info, smut, general knowledge, immaturity (which I provide in the bucket loads) etc.. etc..

Even our members are diverse.

and its this that makes club what it is.

I would get so fed up with just supras,... however,... without what would be the point.

in conclusion, it fine just the way it is.

Supra forum with a sprinkling of general chat and fun.

and others constantly make a mountain out of mole hill :D

Not at all, it's just that the mole hill in question is something that needs addressing, the mods don't seem too bothered by the recent return of "Hovis" requests though so I guess I shouldn't be.

I do see your point.

But how can it be policed / pruned without effecting the 'General / offtopic' side of the forum.

Delete Mallets Mallet and ban 50% of the members.

I agree with giggles on this one