Surrey Rolling Road dyno day - 10th May

Homer

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great to meet you all today :) Lovely weather and company, dispite the 'gap' in the middle of the day...! Got very sunburnt and am now in a bit of pain!

Some great results today for everyone except Darren (darn boost leak now :( )

Paul Whiffins car was phenominal, but I'll leave him to annouce the result ;)

Also a very good result for Gaz after the final mapping, but he looked a little scared after taking it on the road. Gaz, it can never be 'too fast' :D

Edit - I have plenty of video of the day which I'll post later on.

Double edit - Thanks very much to Jaymdee and Wez for the lifts - much appreciated guys :)

Just home and feeling the effects of the sun myself :whistle:

Was great to meet you guys for the 1st of what I'm sure will be many times and some great results.

Big thank you to Ryan for sorting out my car, turned out to be a dodgy pin in the ECU plug!

As it was working on the way back I just had to have a little play with an AMG 55, think he was rather shocked :D

Yep, great day, sorry I turned up a bit late, blame Steve L for that! I'm absolutely over the moon with the power mine made, 849.7bhp at 8500rpm and still climbing, 1.6 bar boost! Sorry Aran, I've beat your record!

Still loads to come from the car to, I was planning on running 2 bar with pump fuel and 2.5 bar on race fuel. I think 2 bar on pump fuel should see it get close to 1000bhp which is a nice number. On the road the car is absolutely mental, tyres light up in 1st,2nd and 3rd gear and finally gets full traction in 4th, bit silly really but a right laugh.

Yep, great day, sorry I turned up a bit late, blame Steve L for that! I'm absolutely over the moon with the power mine made, 849.7bhp at 8500rpm and still climbing, 1.6 bar boost! Sorry Aran, I've beat your record!

Still loads to come from the car to, I was planning on running 2 bar with pump fuel and 2.5 bar on race fuel. I think 2 bar on pump fuel should see it get close to 1000bhp which is a nice number. On the road the car is absolutely mental, tyres light up in 1st,2nd and 3rd gear and finally gets full traction in 4th, bit silly really but a right laugh.

Come on, post up the graph and video, I don't have ringing in my ears for nothing :)

Only if I had logged in last night and seen this I would have come around as I want to put the car on dyno, logged in at 12 noon today and saw this :(

Is there another dyno day coming soon?!

Shame matey as there were a couple of spaces going as well.

As mentioned, brilliant result there Paul, you smashed the SRR power record by over 120bhp :D

726bhp at the rear wheels too

Will try and post a short video of it later (lots of flamage from the exhaust :D )

Yeah, Charlie seemed impressed.

Definately a bit of flame thrower, very nice. Get that Vid up ASAP!

Nothing wrong with that reasoning :D

Great result mate :thumbs:

Its a bit more manageable on low boost, 1.4 bar, still lights them up in 3rd though! That turbo is something else and its not as laggy as you might think, might have something to do with the 3.4 stroker though perhaps. I'd love to do a comparison of a non stroker and stroker with the same spec to see what the differences are like.

:scare: Ye Gods. Mad as a hatter mate. :D

was a great day, was good to meet old and new faces again, gutted i never got to meet gav though:( "never realized you were there untill you had gone"

Sorry chap :) Will make a point next time to introduce myself (to be fair I am terrible at doing that, but will be at a fair few dyno days in the future)