The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Surrey Rolling Road dyno day - 10th May

Homer

Hi everyone

as you may know i now have a lovely new car and all is great with the world, happy again

as most of the cars mods have been set up by a previous owner

there are just a couple of things im not sure of,

not having used them before

according to old reciepts the car is setup with:

HKS Stage 3 turbos

HKS Front Mounted Intercooler

Race Spec Fuel Pump

Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator *

BLITZ DBLTZ DSBC boost controller *

etc

Question ?

will there be anyone at the Surrey Rolling Road dyno day that may be able to help ?

really just to make sure the car is ok to run.

double check the fuel pressure regulator etc (not sure about these at all)

and might know how on earth you set up the boost controller to give the best but safest boost

depending on which you select it is pushing from 1 bar , 1.2 bar and has boosted above this

just a bit concerned about

1. making sure i dont break anything

2. it gets setup the best for its dyno run

cheers for any suggestions

jamie

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi everyone

as you may know i now have a lovely new car and all is great with the world, happy again

as most of the cars mods have been set up by a previous owner

there are just a couple of things im not sure of,

not having used them before

according to old reciepts the car is setup with:

HKS Stage 3 turbos

HKS Front Mounted Intercooler

Race Spec Fuel Pump

Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator *

BLITZ DBLTZ DSBC boost controller *

etc

Question ?

will there be anyone at the Surrey Rolling Road dyno day that may be able to help ?

really just to make sure the car is ok to run.

double check the fuel pressure regulator etc (not sure about these at all)

and might know how on earth you set up the boost controller to give the best but safest boost

depending on which you select it is pushing from 1 bar , 1.2 bar and has boosted above this

just a bit concerned about

1. making sure i dont break anything

2. it gets setup the best for its dyno run

cheers for any suggestions

jamie

I will be able to help you out chap but you will need to speak to Homer about organising some more time on the dyno for say all the FPR and boost to be setup.

Ryan

I will be able to help you out chap but you will need to speak to Homer about organising some more time on the dyno for say all the FPR and boost to be setup.

Ryan

cheers ryan

will do

would be nice to get an authority giving it a once over

cheers

jamie

Ryan

I've replied to Jamie and will call you tomorrow to see what the best approach is. If we can clear some time after the power runs are finsihed it'll allow the inital checks and for you to setup you equipment ;)

b.weeks what way are you going...as may cruise down with you if its not to early...cheers...

Hopefully not too early as a fair trek and early mornings don't agree with me :-) Will be going M11, M25 (anti-clockwise), M3. Certainly welcome to join me on the way there.

b.weeks what way are you going...as may cruise down with you if its not to early...cheers...

Will your mate with the Porker like to reserve a slot? The AM sessions are nearly used up now so need a confirmation ;)

Power wise it shouldn't be a problem provided his tyre's are grippy enough.

No problem Ben, any preference on time slot? I'm booking cars into 1 hour slots (4 cars per slot) starting from 10am.

I need to leave at 12 really, so an 11 o'clock slot would be ideal. May have a mate in an VX220 turbo stage 2 who might want to come but will need to get confirmation tomorrow.

I need to leave at 12 really, so an 11 o'clock slot would be ideal. May have a mate in an VX220 turbo stage 2 who might want to come but will need to get confirmation tomorrow.

There are still plenty of free timeslots so no problem to bring in some extra RWD cars, it looks like you've grabbed the last confirmed AM one though. However as situations always change closer to the date, let me sometime next week.

A reminder will be sent in about 10 days to finalise time slots.

Thanks Paul, I'll put you down for a PM slot (most likely 12.30 onwards).

I'll send out preliminary times slots at the weekend to confirm attendees & times.

There are still plenty of runs available if anyone else wishes to join. It's not just restricted to Supra's, but prefer to stick to RWD to save having to mess around with the dyno.