jevansio

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Gaz Shaw

Good job Jev! looking good thinking of takin bits out of mine not too much.

i want it to look same just bits ya dont see really!:sly:

Cant ya get a thin material to use like a carpet but lighter or is that goin against your plans?

pls let us all know how much weight ya lose in the end then we can use it as a guide on whats the 1st things to get rid off;)

Keep up the good work n all the best m8:d

Guest Gaz Shaw

Ya know if ya removed the plastic covers in the wheel arch's bet that could save some. using it in wet may cause cleaning probs?

Good job Jev! looking good thinking of takin bits out of mine not too much.

i want it to look same just bits ya dont see really!:sly:

Cant ya get a thin material to use like a carpet but lighter or is that goin against your plans?

pls let us all know how much weight ya lose in the end then we can use it as a guide on whats the 1st things to get rid off;)

Keep up the good work n all the best m8:d

Cheers Gaz, I'm on the look out for eactly that, thin material, lightweight but durable, will get the car weighed when I'm done to see what it's down to.

Carbon Fibre panels next and anorexia is it? :)

Maybe :), sadly yes I am the heaviest part of the car :D

What about Seibon doors and tailgate with plexiglass windows?

Window motors must weigh a bit, perhaps replace with handles?

Engine hooks could come off and the towing eyes can be replaced with titanium items saving another 2kgs.

Mad as a hatter mate. :)

Good luck to you though. Look forward to the progress. :)

Cheers Andy :)

What about Seibon doors and tailgate with plexiglass windows?

Window motors must weigh a bit, perhaps replace with handles?

Engine hooks could come off and the towing eyes can be replaced with titanium items saving another 2kgs.

Good idea, they do wings aswell don't they. What's the deal with the doors, are they as safe as stock ones, I always hear people saying that in a side impact the CF will shatter potentially causing a mess to the driver.

Engine hooks have already gone & front tow eye is gone, will look into getting rear one.

Cheers Andy :)

Good idea, they do wings aswell don't they. What's the deal with the doors, are they as safe as stock ones, I always hear people saying that in a side impact the CF will shatter potentially causing a mess to the driver.

Engine hooks have already gone & front tow eye is gone, will look into getting rear one.

Good question- could some side bars be welded into your cage?

I wouldnt use CF doors unless you have a cage that gives some side impact protection - CF will just shatter and the driver runs the risk of not only getting hit by whatever they collided with - but may also get 'stabbed' with shards of CF - and I can tell you now that a CF splinter in your finger is bloody painful, so god knows what a shard in your ribcage would be like.

Just finished fitting the rear one today. Getting the droplinks off was a right nightmare on one side, it was stuck fast & Toyota decided in their wisdom to put an allen key hole in the end to hold the bolt while I turned the nut, some help that is. I ended up using some molegrips to grip part of the shaft nearer the balljoint. Good job I was putting new ones on, I was ready to hacksaw it off. The other side came off easy!

Will try the fronts tomorrow weather permitting.

Also finished fitting some 4 point harnesses.

Anyone know if it's possible to get one bolster refurbished, you can see in the pic it's a bit broke, not bothered about a full retirm, just want that one looking normal again.

IMG_2093.jpg

IMG_2094.jpg

IMG_2095.jpg

IMG_2096.jpg

IMG_2097.jpg

i,m seriously into weight reduction thats why i spotted this thread, but whoaaa that rear brake looks seriously not well fella its rubbing (a bit) on the inside and nothing at all on the (rusty) outside, before you go any further get your brakes soughted, i would not step foot in your car with brakes like that :blink:

Could that be with the car not running much in the last couple of weeks?

i can see that from the condition of the discs, but they should be evenly rusty not have wear on the inside and red rust on the outside, it astounds me how people can go to all this expense with their cars and neglect basic servicing, if the rest of the brakes look like that i,m sorry but that car is a death trap, FACT, forget the weight loss and get the brakes looked at ASAP mate

i can see that from the condition of the discs, but they should be evenly rusty not have wear on the inside and red rust on the outside, it astounds me how people can go to all this expense with their cars and neglect basic servicing, if the rest of the brakes look like that i,m sorry but that car is a death trap, FACT, forget the weight loss and get the brakes looked at ASAP mate

very strange looking at those pics as on my old supra with uk rear brakes i have the very same wear condition could it be a thing with uk rtears?

My entire brake system is brand new, all brand new Calipers, Disks, Pads, Hoses, Fluid. The entire disk was the same colour this morning, I've been spinning the wheels while the entire back end was off the floor, is it not that the pad is slightly touching on the inside while it's been sat???

Yeah, nothing to worry about Jay, discs get mild surface rust in no time at all when they're not in use.

Do you know how much weight you saved with the seat swap (presumably they were heavy as feck stockers before)? How much does the harness set weight? Did you retain the stock belts too?

Sorry for the questions, it's just for reference on my current project.

Yeah, nothing to worry about Jay, discs get mild surface rust in no time at all when they're not in use.

Homer i am not talking about the rust, they should not wear uneven like that, Jevansio when you get the car running check the wear again fella, if you need to do a heavy high speed brake and one side is contacting like that you are in deep s**t mate

Paul, I'd appreciate it if you could refrain from calling my car a deathtrap :D, don't you think you're making a mountain out of a molehill here, TBH I find it a little offensive that you think I would neglect the car in such a way.

Cheers Darryl, I'll get the harness set weighed tomorrow, I'm using stock front belts too to make short runs easier (rear seats & belts have gone though).

Haven't got a clue how much the recaros weigh compared to a stocker, I can weigh mine to get you half way there though.