The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra is going on a diet

jevansio

Homer i am not talking about the rust, they should not wear uneven like that, Jevansio when you get the car running check the wear again fella, if you need to do a heavy high speed brake and one side is contacting like that you are in deep s**t mate

They are not wearing unevenly, this wear was caused by me rotating the wheel whilst check the operation of my LSD.

I did do multiple high speed stops before I pulled the car up due to the oil leak (150 lepton emergency stops, 3 or 4 in a row), car was amazingly stable everytime (faded a little on the last one). I do emergency stops quite frequently when all is quite to check the brakes are performing well.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Paul, I'd appreciate it if you could refrain from calling my car a deathtrap :D, don't you think you're making a mountain out of a molehill here, TBH I find it a little offensive that you think I would neglect the car in such a way.

sorry mate but brakes are not exactly "mountains out of mole hills" are they, i am trying to stress the point while others are trivialising what is quite obviously uneven brake wear, go ahead dont give that brake a second thought, drive the car up to 150 leps and slam the brakes on, your choice, i'm not taking the p**s here mate i am genuinly trying to express my concern

sorry mate but brakes are not exactly "mountains out of mole hills" are they, i am trying to stress the point while others are trivialising what is quite obviously uneven brake wear, go ahead dont give that brake a second thought, drive the car up to 150 leps and slam the brakes on, your choice, i'm not taking the p**s here mate i am genuinly trying to express my concern

Sorry Paul I appreciate your concern, it's good that members point out potential problems on members cars that could end in tears.

You got my back up when you incinuated I spend a lot of money making the car look good without paying attention to the basics.

Think I see what you're saying now Paul... the pads at 'idle' appear to be sitting with the inners edge putting more pressure to the disc, whereas the outer face isn't under as much pressure.

I.e. the pads have a positive camber on them when compared to the disc face

Sorry Paul I appreciate your concern, it's good that members point out potential problems on members cars that could end in tears.

i apologise for calling your car a deathtrap but if you read my stickied post at the begining of the tech section (rotted brake lines) it took a while to get my confidence back for heavy braking, anyway back on weight reduction heres part of my effort (titanium strut/harness bar and stripped out rear)

car 045.jpg

What could cause this though, as I said before everything is brand spanking new, it's not like I'm running old disks or crappy calipers, the setup has done less than 3000 miles & when I'm using the car there is no sign of uneven wear.

I'm going to take the car for a run tomorrow, clean of the discs & let it sit again :)

i apologise for calling your car a deathtrap but if you read my stickied post at the begining of the tech section (rotted brake lines) it took a while to get my confidence back for heavy braking, anyway back on weight reduction heres part of my effort (titanium strut/harness bar and stripped out rear)

No worries mate, will read it now :)

What could cause this though, as I said before everything is brand spanking new, it's not like I'm running old disks or crappy calipers, the setup has done less than 3000 miles & when I'm using the car there is no sign of uneven wear.

I'm going to take the car for a run tomorrow, clean of the discs & let it sit again :)

i would take the caliper off (quick job) check and clean up the pads and re copper slip them, if it still wears like that i would take the disc off and make sure the hub/disc interface is spotlessly clean