The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Budget boot build

Blackie

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sl4444

WOW.......................................I never would have belived you if i had seen the finished product and non of the building pics that you had turned your fair hand too it!!!:blink:

Think we should do a deal i................clay bar your car and you do me a small boot build lol I need to carry stuff sometimes;)

VERY GOOD INDEED ,

Fancy a job ,whats your day rate lol,

Fair play to you at last some one ive found with some imagination to have a go ,its not easy though is it but once you start you get the hang of it like anything else in life ,

Now stop watching BLUE PETER and nicking there ideas HA HA only joking .

VERY IMPRESSED.

Yes i do, My rate is £2.50 an hr and not a penny less ;) As you say it was worth ago. Looks better than the single sub rattling about

really nice job blackie, looks as good as if a pro had done it.

i would love to do it in my boot, but cant decide as im an aerotopian (could leave it at home but sods law says thats a bad idea!:D

You could aqlways make it lower with a perspex cover to put your roof on

I think it looks spot on and for £33 and 1 days work you have saved loads!!! a cheap rate for that is about £300.

One thing i think you could do to make it that little but better is to have the amp sunk in like the subs.

Is it sitting on the spare wheel and foam or is that all removed?

Lew.

Totally agree. I thought about sinking the amp, It would of looked 100% better but there is so much room for error, I would of been gutted of i had to cut out another top. I designed/messured it so it can be pulled out to get to the spare wheel very easily and its still on the carpet to stop rattles and vibration :)

WOW.......................................I never would have belived you if i had seen the finished product and non of the building pics that you had turned your fair hand too it!!!:blink:

Think we should do a deal i................clay bar your car and you do me a small boot build lol I need to carry stuff sometimes;)

You know where i live, I would be happy to Seth :)

I want one!!!!

Blackie group buy!!!

Yeah can you do one for a deep sub mine is a boston acoustics G15 10" sub or will it already fit?

the sub mounting depth is 6, 3/4" ( 171mm)

and

the sub cutout diameter is 9, 1/4" (235mm)

could you make me a box like you have without the holes cut out so i can do the rest?

Lew.

Yeah can you do one for a deep sub mine is a boston acoustics G15 10" sub or will it already fit?

the sub mounting depth is 6, 3/4" ( 171mm)

and

the sub cutout diameter is 9, 1/4" (235mm)

could you make me a box like you have without the holes cut out so i can do the rest?

Lew.

The box depth is 155mm add 1/2 " for the MDF lid. I am sorting out the the box (Just the box) mesurements for Epic i will post them up here. If i ended up making it and sending it via TNT (£25 minimum postage) or someone it wouldent be so budget but i'm more than happy to give info

Very smart...well done.

Just dont park it where its all on display...had a fue boot builds nicked in my time.

Its got limo tint rear and rearside port holes ;)

Dude, for one days work and £33, that's awesome!! What's the sound reproduction like? You going to Japfest? If so, I'll have to have a listen :)

*Blackie for Hobbyist status* :D

Its sounds really good, I need to spend some time to set it up but at the moment its mad.

*Blackie for Hobbyist status*

Funny that, I have been thinking about that. I'm going to put one on Ebay and see what happens, Get an idea of price for them They will come with everything done but NO subs or amp, with Holes/hole cut for 8" 10" 12" subs. Good idea?

I also have to say that your boot build is really superb for the price and a day's work. I did a boot build for my Prelude once, it took a long time, and I was never that happy with it!

So do you think that build would fit with a 12" sub and an aero roof, knowing that you have to allow for the depth the sub?

So do you think that build would fit with a 12" sub and an aero roof, knowing that you have to allow for the depth the sub?

Very unlikely. I think to fit a roof on top its the same sort of idea but you would have to make the actual sub box in your spare wheel well (Where mines on top) and have top top (Lid) lower so it wouldent be flush with the rear seat/rear of the Supra. I think it would possibly be easier to do as it would just be a box in your wheel well rather than the triangle shape i have :)

I'm tempeted to start making them, The time consuming part was templates and messuring, I have the templates now. Will do you a cheap rate Anja ;)

Best rates are free rates ;)

I let you stay in a Tent in my Garden for free over the weekend while you fit mine :p

Might even throw in a BBQ and a few Beers while we there ;)

Very unlikely. I think to fit a roof on top its the same sort of idea but you would have to make the actual sub box in your spare wheel well (Where mines on top) and have top top (Lid) lower so it wouldent be flush with the rear seat/rear of the Supra. I think it would possibly be easier to do as it would just be a box in your wheel well rather than the triangle shape i have :)

The previous owner had a 'stealth shelf' build put in the boot, which entailed the removal of the spare wheel. I'm not happy with it, and as its not enclosed the sub 'booms' quite a bit a higher volume. Plus its only a 10" sub too.

I really like the way you've done yours, and I'm sure with a few adjustments, I could do something very similar. If I had a template that is ;)

The previous owner had a 'stealth shelf' build put in the boot, which entailed the removal of the spare wheel. I'm not happy with it, and as its not enclosed the sub 'booms' quite a bit a higher volume. Plus its only a 10" sub too.

I really like the way you've done yours, and I'm sure with a few adjustments, I could do something very similar. If I had a template that is ;)

Make a template you lazy git!! I will send you the triangle sizes if you want them, As soon as i have sorted them out that is.supra steveo has a stelth one, He sent me instructions on how to make a sealed one if you want me to pm them?

Funny that, I have been thinking about that. I'm going to put one on Ebay and see what happens, Get an idea of price for them They will come with everything done but NO subs or amp, with Holes/hole cut for 8" 10" 12" subs. Good idea?

I'd say so. For the lazy among us (me :)) being able to buy something like that for a reasonable price would be well worth it!

I'm tempeted to start making them, The time consuming part was templates and messuring, I have the templates now. Will do you a cheap rate Anja ;)

Best rates are free rates ;)

I let you stay in a Tent in my Garden for free over the weekend while you fit mine :p

Might even throw in a BBQ and a few Beers while we there ;)

You can have a BBQ and beers at mine when you come to fit it too :D

Its got limo tint rear and rearside port holes ;)

Its sounds really good, I need to spend some time to set it up but at the moment its mad.

Yes yes and yes, do they do different shades of leatherete ie could i have mine timmed in red?