The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Budget boot build

Blackie

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will await your prices:d:d

Table cloth might not be a bad idea ........depending on my respray.

I'm getting in to the idea of doing this, I have pmed a mod to ask him how i go about it on the forum. I just have no idea on price, What ever it is needs to have £25 courior postage on top

Reckon you could cover one with a leatherette that will match the stock UK beige interior :D

Yes quite easily :)

looks canny that mate, i hope you have gave them their own space ? i was told to make sure the had there own enclosure or they will fight against each other, but i aint a pro so not sure if this is all true

Bummer, Didnt know that. Will i do for anymore i make,I cant change mine as its glued togther and is solid. it would be easy enough to put a partition in. :) I PMed AndrewOW your stelth boot instructions you sent me :)

Got a question for ya mate, how much weight did that lot add to the rear of your car??

Only with the Lane I live on I have terrible trouble with grounding the Exhaust when I have a full tank of petrol and someone else in the car, so adding that bit of extra weight may not do me any favours!

Got a question for ya mate, how much weight did that lot add to the rear of your car??

Only with the Lane I live on I have terrible trouble with grounding the Exhaust when I have a full tank of petrol and someone else in the car, so adding that bit of extra weight may not do me any favours!

Not as much as you would think, I could lift the box and lid over my head easily and you know how small i am :)

how did you fix the box into the car?

Gravity. I have left the spare wheel in there as i have designed the box to be easily removed. but i fold the rear seat down to "Unlock the box" as the rear seat, joined with the rear of the car, holds it in place. I also left the carpet in to stop any viberations. It doesent move about or bounce about

Gravity. I have left the spare wheel in there as i have designed the box to be easily removed. but i fold the rear seat down to "Unlock the box" as the rear seat, joined with the rear of the car, holds it in place. I also left the carpet in to stop any vibrations. It doesn't move about or bounce about

Bet it's loud, Dumpfbacke :) You will probably be able to drown out Busters Exhaust now lol.

Yes i do, My rate is £2.50 an hr and not a penny less ;)

You could aqlways make it lower with a perspex cover to put your roof on

oh you are so cheap :D

if you do cover the amp with perspex then i would get a PC fan or a few to avoid overheating

Yes quite easily :)

Bummer, Didnt know that. Will i do for anymore i make,I cant change mine as its glued togther and is solid. it would be easy enough to put a partition in. :) I PMed AndrewOW your stelth boot instructions you sent me :)

DOH

andrew OW if you get stuck on fiberglassing give me a shout ;)

andrew OW if you get stuck on fiberglassing give me a shout ;)

Thank you! I will give this a go when the weather improves. I've got my eye on a new amp and 12" sub, which would go great in a 'decent' custom built boot, as long as I can still get the roof in there too! :)

Thank you! I will give this a go when the weather improves. I've got my eye on a new amp and 12" sub, which would go great in a 'decent' custom built boot, as long as I can still get the roof in there too! :)

have a look in my garage my box is in there and aerotop friendly :D

i did do a ice install thread about making sub boxes with fiber glass but it just got littered with crap if you want the links and info i can PM it

have a look in my garage my box is in there and aerotop friendly :D

i did do a ice install thread about making sub boxes with fiber glass but it just got littered with crap if you want the links and info i can PM it

With some carpet/vinyl on that build in your boot, it would look superb! I assume thats a 10" sub?

If you could send me the link, that would be great. Cheers :)

By the looks of it, you are using a sealed box? Did you use any batting, if not try and get some old pillows and try using the filling (cotton ones, no bird feathers) and see how it sounds....

Yes, They are best sealed imo.Would that make much of a difference? Its worth a go

Guest coldflame

You inspired me to get off my fat arse and do a boot install just finished it and managed to get the same colour vinyn as my seats well pleased :D:d:d

You inspired me to get off my fat arse and do a boot install just finished it and managed to get the same colour vinyn as my seats well pleased :D:d:d

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w152/coldflame380/P1000151.jpg

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w152/coldflame380/P1000152.jpg

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w152/coldflame380/P1000153.jpg

As it says under my username "Inspiringly superior" ;)Bloody hell, You never just started/finished that over the past couple of days? Looking good :thumbs: Whats the redbull bottle? Noz?