The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another tale of woe - Hit and Run outside my house :(

MrRalphMan

Crikey thats quite a lot of damage, feel sorry for you dude. Atleast he left you something to twat him with if he comes back eh?!!

As its basicly been decided that its a glazier van, it might be worth looking in the yellow pages and seeing how many operate in your area, as if its only one or two companys it will be a company van so might be worth ringing them up and asking, or alternativly if theyr local just popping to their wearhouse and seeing if the van is there. I also doubt alot of places will sell those/fit the side bits to the van, so you might be able to ask like a supplier/ local cheap bodywork place if theyve had any vans in wih that kinda damage. Depends how much you wanna find the person i guess.

As per cctv, I know it ca be a huge bietch to get a look at the video. I had my car broken into at a cinema, over £1k of stuff taken and i was parked right by a cctv camera and they wouldnt even look at the footage (the cinema) and police didnt care. I also had my car broken into at the university carpark, I saw the footage with them getting into my car and the car they turned up in ect, again police didnt even take a look.

I hope you get it sorted buddy without too much cost/hastle to yourself

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crikey thats quite a lot of damage, feel sorry for you dude. Atleast he left you something to twat him with if he comes back eh?!!

As its basicly been decided that its a glazier van, it might be worth looking in the yellow pages and seeing how many operate in your area, as if its only one or two companys it will be a company van so might be worth ringing them up and asking, or alternativly if theyr local just popping to their wearhouse and seeing if the van is there. I also doubt alot of places will sell those/fit the side bits to the van, so you might be able to ask like a supplier/ local cheap bodywork place if theyve had any vans in wih that kinda damage. Depends how much you wanna find the person i guess.

As per cctv, I know it ca be a huge bietch to get a look at the video. I had my car broken into at a cinema, over £1k of stuff taken and i was parked right by a cctv camera and they wouldnt even look at the footage (the cinema) and police didnt care. I also had my car broken into at the university carpark, I saw the footage with them getting into my car and the car they turned up in ect, again police didnt even take a look.

I hope you get it sorted buddy without too much cost/hastle to yourself

That's mad man. No offence to our local forum Coppers but why are they not interested in these things? Be interesting to get a reply to this question from Kranz or Class One.

Bit of a long shot but if you have part of his indicator then you may have one or more identifying marks that can be used to narrow down maker and model for the van. Add that to the white colour and it being fitted as a glaziers van and you may well have enough to identify it, if it is from the local area.

What I can't tell you is where to go to translate any marks in the glass into the info you need....

As I said it's a long shot (and I haven't read all the way through the thread so apologies if this isn't relevant).

Hope you get it all sorted out.

Rowland

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest mattsupra

superb job there

so what did they end up re spraying on the car?

was it just wing and door or anything else as it looks like a really good paint match too

matt