The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another tale of woe - Hit and Run outside my house :(

MrRalphMan

Many glaziers in your area? That certainly looks like one of the aluminium bars off the van that carries the glass. Worth a prowl round later see if any got damage. (really something the police should be doing)

Hope you get it sorted.

For sure that's a part of the side carrier for a glaziers' type van. There's some talk of the legality of vans with those things on the side, as they apparently don't meet EU construction and use regs nowadays... Anyone had any glazing done down your street? If so I'd calmly ask who did the work as you need some doing yourself, and go cannily from there;)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For sure that's a part of the side carrier for a glaziers' type van. There's some talk of the legality of vans with those things on the side, as they apparently don't meet EU construction and use regs nowadays... Anyone had any glazing done down your street? If so I'd calmly ask who did the work as you need some doing yourself, and go cannily from there;)

As above, take a walk down your road and see if anyone has had any work done, its gotta be worth a go!

What a nitemare mate :search:

Sorry to see this..

I bet the scum bag was p*ssed up and possibly not insured as well.. :taped:

It might be an idea if you go up the road a way and see if theres any petrol stations or anywhere else that has cctv?

If you've got the time of the incident then you may get lucky and be able to see the van on video.

Just to agree with you as well....the police are completely useless for anything but 'serious' crimes...and even then they are still sometimes incompetent!!

Do you have to pay excess for this type of claim? :conf: I've never thought about it before.

I had to pay excess when my car got badly vanadalised 2 years ago, because I couldn't proof the damage was caused by someone else... :taped: Maybe it's the same in this case?

Many glaziers in your area? That certainly looks like one of the aluminium bars off the van that carries the glass. Worth a prowl round later see if any got damage. (really something the police should be doing)

Hope you get it sorted.

What get's me is that the Police are not interested at all, I mean not only is it leaving the scene of an accident but criminal damage, no?

:yeahthat:

Its nothing more than I expect is for the police to do nothing about something as they usually do something about nothing - say it was a racially motivated incident and that will get them trying to prove they are politically correct :D

No! Thats really bad, im so sorry for you mate! Its make me so angry to see people do that, especially to a supra!

It happened to me at christmas while i was driving a courtesy car while my supe was in the garage. No number...nothing,

just a nasty dent and a trade of white paint! :(