The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Road tax prices??

SilverSoop

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read this on the dvla website which is more alarming...

For cars registered on or after 23/3/06;

6 months: £220.00

12 months: £400.00

Does that mean my road tax has gone up AGAIN from £165 to £220 for 6 months from what i paid in december?! :blink:

By the sounds of it! :( Robbing B@stards!!!)

It is not only cars registered after 2006 as from next year all ved bands from 2001-current have been changed which is completely outrageous!

My m3 is a 2002 and when i bought it,the car fell into bands for 2001-2003 which that pr..k darling has reclassed into same group as 03-06.

So my tax was £210 based on original system but next year it will be £440! I would gladely pay £440 to give darling a good slap round the earhole and dye his ugly eyebrows the sad ar$ehole.

Oh yeh as edit to my post which i put up about the prices which we will now be paying, £220.00 for 6 months and £400.00 for a year,

will only come in if the carbon emissions are over 225g/km.

Unfortunetely ive got no choice because its printed on my V5 as 303g/km so they have well and truly done me there!! :(

This is a bit confusing. I'm currently importing a car (well, Jurgen's doing it for me) so I'm now expecting to be paying £400 because it'll be registered this year, but my previous understanding was that a car of that age (i.e. '93) was made before the regulations were introduced and therefore should be taxed in the old way - based on engine size, putting it at £185 for the year.

It seems that people on here have had to do it both ways, which is pretty messed up.

It's the transparency and consistency that impresses me most about our regulations...

i payed (approx) £98 in january for 6 months. car was imported 3.5 years ago

Mine was imported in 2001, paid £98-99 week before last.

Is this definately date of first UK registration- virtually the entire club owns post 2001 imports.

Whats the C02 of the n/a's?

If your V5 doesn't have C02 levels surely they cannot calculate what your emmisions are, and wouldn't the 93-97 cars have a higher C02 than the VVTi cars? 303g/km is a bit girlie...