Year of Manufacture 1995

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 3000CC

CO2 Emissions 0g/Km

Fuel Type Petrol

Export Marker Not Applicable

Vehicle Status Licence Not Due

Vehicle Colour RED

Vehicle Type Approval null

The information contained on this page is correct at the time of enquiry.

Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle

6 Months Rate £101.75

12 Months Rate £185.00

Well this is for mine. I really hope they don't change their mind and raise the tax.

Sorry I've posted this twice, but maybe someone will have the answer.

I checked mine on the dvla website and it says I have to pay £185 as they don't have my CO2 emissions, but it says on http://www.dvla.gov.uk/media/pdf/forms/v149.pdf that any cars regitered in the UK after the 23rd March 2006 that exceed 225g/km will pay £400. Now mine was imported in 2007. Does this mean the next time I have a MoT that they will record my emissions and charge me £400 for tax?

I checked mine on the dvla website and it says I have to pay £185 as they don't have my CO2 emissions, but it says on http://www.dvla.gov.uk/media/pdf/forms/v149.pdf that any cars regitered in the UK after the 23rd March 2006 that exceed 225g/km will pay £400. Now mine was imported in 2007. Does this mean the next time I have a MoT that they will record my emissions and charge me £400 for tax?

Its possible I suppose, but it does seem that the C02 figures have to be quoted by the manufacturer and appear on the registration document. I made another call to the DVLA on Friday and they came up with another spin on this...the chap has a suspicion that its Japan that has changed the way they document the cars that come up for import. This in turn would change the way the car is described on the registration documents when it comes in to the UK. If the CO2 figures are already stated on documentation in Japan, they will be copied over here. Its a relatively new thing, which may explain why some recent imports have the C02 figures stated, some not.

Again, Jurgen may have more of a definate take on this ?

It was bound to happen sooner or later to clamp down on emmissions. I think I just escaped the rate rise for now. Eventually I see us all getting hit by this. Have to enjoy it while you can, seems like already @ £400 tax the fun kind of melts away.

Reading the bottom of the first page, would it not be cheaper getting a trade tax for all vehicles or is there something stopping you from doing that?

Date of Liability 01 01 2009

Date of First Registration 17 07 2007

Year of Manufacture 1995

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 3000CC

CO2 Emissions 0g/Km

Fuel Type Petrol

Export Marker Not Applicable

Vehicle Status Licence Not Due

Vehicle Colour RED

Vehicle Type Approval null

The information contained on this page is correct at the time of enquiry.

Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle

6 Months Rate £101.75

12 Months Rate £185.00

Well this is for mine. I really hope they don't change their mind and raise the tax.

As replying to your post, if your tax is £115.00 for 6 months and £185.00 for 12 months, thats what your road tax will stay until our friendly labour change it again!

Because your car has a vehicle type approval null and a your CO2 emissions at 0g/Km, you wont be taxed like i have been because my car has been approved M1 and i have had my CO2 emissions stated as 303g/km. So like ewen said, if its not on your V5 then,

the dvla wont have any record of it, so dont worry bryan, there's nothing to worry about! :)

Just had my tax reminder and was wondering what the validation character stood for?

It usually stands for what tax bracket your car is in i.e, the higher the bracket, the more you get taxed. My n/a was a J and my tax was,

£99.00 for 6 months and £100 and something for 12 months. My TT is a P now and my tax is now £225.00 for 6 months and £400.00 for 12 months.

But after "our" labour has changed it, so has the amount you get taxed. The amount you should get taxed either £115 for 6 and £185 for 12 months

unless your car has been approved the M1 catorgory and your C02 emissions have been recorded...:)

It was bound to happen sooner or later to clamp down on emmissions. I think I just escaped the rate rise for now. Eventually I see us all getting hit by this. Have to enjoy it while you can, seems like already @ £400 tax the fun kind of melts away.

Exactly! :(

Thanks to our fun loving labour party!

I think I just escaped the rate rise for now. Eventually I see us all getting hit by this. Have to enjoy it while you can, seems like already @ £400 tax the fun kind of melts away.

The government got to make up for the loss in revenue of smokers' tax somehow so its obviously 'Motorist Clobbering Time'. :(

As replying to your post, if your tax is £115.00 for 6 months and £185.00 for 12 months, thats what your road tax will stay until our friendly labour change it again!

Because your car has a vehicle type approval null and a your CO2 emissions at 0g/Km, you wont be taxed like i have been because my car has been approved M1 and i have had my CO2 emissions stated as 303g/km. So like ewen said, if its not on your V5 then,

the dvla wont have any record of it, so dont worry bryan, there's nothing to worry about!

Well that is good news, well unless they change thier minds. Which could be any day soon :(

• 1 month later...
Guest sarahjaneking

Hi guys,

i've been looking in to this as i have an import - although nowhere near as nice as the ones you guys have. CO2 is captured at the SVA under new rules brought in in 2006, however they only take them for cars manufactured 1997+, so if you can't decide on importing a 1996 or a 1997 i'd go for the 1996 as the road tax will, for the moment, be cheaper :)

Hi guys,

i've been looking in to this as i have an import - although nowhere near as nice as the ones you guys have. CO2 is captured at the SVA under new rules brought in in 2006, however they only take them for cars manufactured 1997+, so if you can't decide on importing a 1996 or a 1997 i'd go for the 1996 as the road tax will, for the moment, be cheaper :)

Well there's your answer Silversoop. :(