The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Uk 6 Speed TT Cat D

Guest rude1978

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the end of the day mate its your car and im sure there will be many more people who will think its worth that much, so dont listen to all these peolple who think its worth next to nothing.

Its not even crash damaged lads its a bloody spray job so cat d isnt really an issue.

Good luck with the sale mate

At the end of the day mate its your car and im sure there will be many more people who will think its worth that much, so dont listen to all these peolple who think its worth next to nothing.

Its not even crash damaged lads its a bloody spray job so cat d isnt really an issue.

Queeze me...baking powder??

Not even crash damaged.....find it unlikely that an insurance company would write off a car for a spray job. The car has been wrapped at somepoint hence the lower price.

Cheers

G

Ide have to disagree bud, I bought a Blue NA 5 Speed.. Cat D a few years back...

The guys girlfriend (EX) had caught him cheating and keyed the car... I mean EVERY Panel! I have the pics somewhere... it was ruined...

I inspected it and it had NO accident damage or replacement parts.. it was totally original.. Ill just find a pic of the car now.. Shes a beaut!

Paint Jobs are expensive done right so its not suprising they wrote it off...

Ide have to disagree bud, I bought a Blue NA 5 Speed.. Cat D a few years back...

The guys girlfriend (EX) had caught him cheating and keyed the car... I mean EVERY Panel! I have the pics somewhere... it was ruined...

I inspected it and it had NO accident damage or replacement parts.. it was totally original.. Ill just find a pic of the car now.. Shes a beaut!

Paint Jobs are expensive done right so its not suprising they wrote it off...

I know it can happen...but taking into account that this car is a UK TT the value is substantially higher and therefore the cost of a re-spray (if that is even the reason its CAT D'd which we dont know yet) would represent a significantly lower % of the market value of the car and therefore is less likely to lead to a write off.

I just would be a bit surprised if a spray job would have written off a UK TT. Maybe the owner can confirm why the car was written off?

Cheers

G

I know it can happen...but taking into account that this car is a UK TT the value is substantially higher and therefore the cost of a re-spray (if that is even the reason its CAT D'd which we dont know yet) would represent a significantly lower % of the market value of the car and therefore is less likely to lead to a write off.

I just would be a bit surprised if a spray job would have written off a UK TT. Maybe the owner can confirm why the car was written off?

Cheers

G

You may be right mate but i know of two supras which were wrote off over 5 years ago for the same thing and the value was much greater then. Im just going on the lad telling the truth, i guess i just trust people. Im sure amn inspection would show if he is telling the truth anyway.

Guest rude1978

Yes cat d due to paint damage by vandals. Any inspection of the car is more than welcome.

Its amazing how inconsistant one cat d can be from the other regarding the damage invloved.

To the joker that said I hope you fitted the kit, all I got to say to you is your what's known in the trade as a time waster/canvasser/test pilot/ idiot because at the end of the day you must be superman with malfunctioning x ray vision because if you look at the kit properly you can see it has been fitted properly,

and you are known as what the world calls "gullible"

yeah ok the kit may of been fitted profesionally fitted but they didnt do a very good job of blending the skirts in

and you can see that without x ray vision in every pic you have posted

I am also guessing that that the picture of the supra is not yours!

and what makes you think that then?

coz it is his

What because it needs a respray and a bit of a tidy up? come on grow up!

:rlol: yeah OK mate

To the joker that said I hope you fitted the kit, all I got to say to you is your what's known in the trade as a time waster/canvasser/test pilot/ idiot because at the end of the day you must be superman with malfunctioning x ray vision because if you look at the kit properly you can see it has been fitted properly, I am also guessing that that the picture of the supra is not yours!

To the people that say 3k, Why am I going to take silly offers if I can get a lot more for it in bits like mentioned, and has been done on the forum.

At the end of the day I am open to sensible offers, 6800 for a UK spec TT manual is pretty good I think.

:rlol this is getting even better , by the number of your posts i will let you off you must not get on here often and how can you call me all those names test pilot i am in Germany, i don't want a shot of your car I've drove TT`ed supras before i know what they are like.

and superman with no X-ray vision :rolleyes: go loose your virginity son, that kit looks like its been put on with blue tac

also i guess you don't know me and i am glad of that a lot of members on here will let you know that the supra in my avatar is my supra :p

i will agree with you on one thing how ever if you were to brake the car you would get more and you would get around 3K for the 6speed conversion kit and my be even 1K for the engine

but please do this forum a favour, hurry up and sell your car and do one

A loved one yes. I personally think you'll get more if you do break it for parts - or sell it abroad.

as above i agree :thumbs:

Its a cat D as well so knock between 25% - 33% off the market price.

Plus with work that requires to be done that is why 3k has been suggested.

thank you

For a nice one yes that would be a great price, for a cat d, that looks a mess with 100k on the clock you are dreaming. break it and you may well get that money for it though.:)

i agree with this too Jamie :D

have you seen the price of a decent spray job ?even if you do spray it your adding 1K to the price , and that is money you ain't going to see again because of the shear fact it is a cat D

and you are known as what the world calls "gullible"

yeah ok the kit may of been fitted professionally fitted but they didnt do a very good job of blending the skirts in

and you can see that without x ray vision in every pic you have posted

and what makes you think that then?

coz it is his

cheers massey :D i am glad i am not the only one who noticed that

Whats with the tin can spray job on the rear? You can tell it was done with a can of spray as the side of the exhaust has paint spray all over the side of it :blink: (1st picture)

Shame to see a uk manual end up in this state.

Worth 3k in my opinion.

for what its worth IMO the guys getting far too much grief.......

I mean FFS his first line is

"For sale Cat D Toyota supra"

so thats that out of the way, then he posts many detailed pictures highlighting the state of the body work paint.

and his price is ono.....

That just leaves anyone interested to decide whether they want to look at it further check for structural damage etc etc........

Rik RIP sprayed his car at home matt black remember? who's to say someone wouldn't be similarly interested or is a paint/bodywork guy? and if they are not the guy will have to think again, lower his price etc.....

If the guy was hiding sh*t then fair enough but he's been straight up and if he's guilty of anything its over optimism on his price.

Guest Killswitch

For me if i had the money id have this in a heartbeat, regardless of any damage.

Im a 22year old non supra owner thats been lookin for a project for a long long time. This is exactly what ive been after for years.

Yeah i dont thinks its fair that people should come on here and give this lad bad comments about his car, he put it on here to sell not to be picked on about every little thing. If he wants to put his car up for £6800 then let him, if you have something bad to say then you should keep it to yourself. Otherwise go and get a life.

Yeah i dont thinks its fair that people should come on here and give this lad bad comments about his car, he put it on here to sell not to be picked on about every little thing. If he wants to put his car up for £6800 then let him, if you have something bad to say then you should keep it to yourself. Otherwise go and get a life.

people are just giving him some usefull critisism and only saying he is asking way to much for after all, there is members on here who know what they are talking about and just offering him advice on lowering the price if he really wants to sell, it was him who got defensive

For me if i had the money id have this in a heartbeat, regardless of any damage.

Im a 22year old non supra owner thats been lookin for a project for a long long time. This is exactly what ive been after for years.

what on overpriced car for you to spend even more money on.

theres cars out there for the same price with nothing to do to them or cars for far less which need fixing up and will cost less to do

To the joker that said I hope you fitted the kit, all I got to say to you is your what's known in the trade as a time waster/canvasser/test pilot/ idiot because at the end of the day you must be superman with malfunctioning x ray vision because if you look at the kit properly you can see it has been fitted properly, I am also guessing that that the picture of the supra is not yours!

To the people that say 3k, Why am I going to take silly offers if I can get a lot more for it in bits like mentioned, and has been done on the forum.

At the end of the day I am open to sensible offers, 6800 for a UK spec TT manual is pretty good I think.

well apparently i am superman with malfunctioning x ray vision, all he got for me was an honest opinion ( IMHO ) after the above quote you don't expect me have have a go after he has had a very immature go at me ????

well apparently i am superman with malfunctioning x ray vision, all he got for me was an honest opinion ( IMHO ) after the above quote you don't expect me have have a go after he has had a very immature go at me ????

No man im not sticking up for anyone i just think people should be left to sell cars on here without any bad crisitism. If any one has bad things to say or advice i thing it should be kept to pm's, unless of course someone knows that there is something not right about the car. You have still got to remember that this is a uk car too and there values are higher that the imports.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.