The mkiv Supra Owners Club

car jacking in south yorkshire.....

123tom123tom

Hey thats no joke! lol damn you.

Anyway, don't your doors autolock 10 seconds after you start the car up? mine do, I thought it was a standard feature?

I always thought mine locked when I put my seatbelt on as it sounds like they look. Must put that to the test I guess and get someone to try and get in. (Preferably not a car jacker)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dazzi just text me about this, couldn't believe it, really goes to show you can't be to carefull, but like the others said mine also locks itself after about 10 seconds of the engine being started. But at least you and the supe are ok and hopefully these b*stards will get whats coming to them.

Sorry to see this mate and I personally don't think you have come off lightly as that looks real sore.

Let's just hope he is caught quickly or he falls for someone who is ready for him.

Makes you wonder whether to fit a fire extinguisher or mace spray. Better still, some spray paint but he would probably get suspicious if you was shaking a tin ffor a minute before opening your window :rolleyes:

Anyhow, glad your happy considering the circumstances and possible outcomes.

Blo*dy hell mate! At least you're (mostly) ok.

Glad to hear you didn't let him grab your keys without some resistance. He only needs to try that on with someone willing to step out the car and pound his face into the pavement and he won't do it again. Either that or run him down when you see him tomorrow ;)

Makes you wonder whether to fit a fire extinguisher or mace spray. Better still, some spray paint but he would probably get suspicious if you was shaking a tin ffor a minute before opening your window :rolleyes:

I carry a maglite in case I get stuck somewhere and it gets dark. Could come in handy one day from the sounds of it.

cheers for all your comments am off to bed now to get some rest for round two with tyson tommorow a hope i do see the little tw@ tomorrow because i wont stop at that red light i will make sure am hitting 1.2 bar in forth and i would knock his ass over.

knight all and thanks again

Careful. If you hit him too hard you might damage your car :D

Unlucky Tom.

I had a very furious man try and have words with me, a couple of weeks ago...We came to an impasse...ie...he wouldn't back up and nor would I. I was in the right of course :whistle:

...anyway to get to the point, he got out, walked towards me in an unseemly manner, then used a lot of loud grown up words that to this day I don't know the meaning of!

In short, he wanted to punch me in the face, but luckily his intentions were so obvious I did not need to open my window- I could clearly hear the rascal.

His body language was super-aggressive...All I knew was if he made a play for the door handle, I'd slam it in reverse and see what his 0-60 times were like...on foot!

So everone- be mindful of your doors and windows when at rest ;)

Hope the lump on your face goes down soon.

You must be in shock after an experience like that, I think most of us would have done the same and wound down the window without suspecting anything.

When I was reading your description of what happened I was expecting you to describe how they took your car, I'm so pleased it didn't get to that. ;)

A real downer this is Tom but well done for holding on to your car..

Only a shame the scumbag got away and the plice didnt get him (for this offence at least)

I would advise this anti theft device as the best in the business ;)

Im trying to get one myself but there are supplier problems currently...

Guest CoolsBlue

THANK GOD FOR MY ANTI THEFT ALARM!! wont open from the outside when the car is on...not going to take it out now...weird people...just bloody buy them and export them...

Similiar thing happened to me a few years ago. Come to a set of traffic lights and noticed a vectra full load 5 of them. They started revving there engine as to race but i did not bother and then they stayed behind me for about a mile until i floored it and left them behind.

Anyway i got to a big roundabout..Darmouth circle in brum and was waiting at traffic lights with no other cars around and did not notice this same car roll up just behind me as they had switched there engine off.

I was too busy adjusting my radio and like a idiot had my window half down and door lock open. As i looked up 3 of them had surrounded my car and were trying to open my doors,one on my door which i was exchanging blows with. Thank god the rest oy doors were locked and i managed to lock mine.

The Ba...stard on my door had his arm through my window and would not let go of my door lock pin, so i put the car in first and grabbed him by his forearm and drove of through the lights and then hit my anchors near AB fletchers store at around 35 mph and u should have seen this mu....tha fcuka fly and cut all his arm and the side of his face on the tarmac. I then out the car in reverse and i swear if the was not a lorry coming from behind he would have lost his legs, but amazingly he got up and jumped in the vectra and were gone. Police said vectra was a stolen car as well.

Mate, at least u still got your car and sent him back empty handed feeling like a pr...ck.

I had a few bruises as well! Since then always had doors locked and blaxjack.

Similiar thing happened to me a few years ago. Come to a set of traffic lights and noticed a vectra full load 5 of them. They started revving there engine as to race but i did not bother and then they stayed behind me for about a mile until i floored it and left them behind.

Anyway i got to a big roundabout..Darmouth circle in brum and was waiting at traffic lights with no other cars around and did not notice this same car roll up just behind me as they had switched there engine off.

I was too busy adjusting my radio and like a idiot had my window half down and door lock open. As i looked up 3 of them had surrounded my car and were trying to open my doors,one on my door which i was exchanging blows with. Thank god the rest oy doors were locked and i managed to lock mine.

The Ba...stard on my door had his arm through my window and would not let go of my door lock pin, so i put the car in first and grabbed him by his forearm and drove of through the lights and then hit my anchors near AB fletchers store at around 35 mph and u should have seen this mu....tha fcuka fly and cut all his arm and the side of his face on the tarmac. I then out the car in reverse and i swear if the was not a lorry coming from behind he would have lost his legs, but amazingly he got up and jumped in the vectra and were gone. Police said vectra was a stolen car as well.

Mate, at least u still got your car and sent him back empty handed feeling like a pr...ck.

I had a few bruises as well! Since then always had doors locked and blaxjack.

Good man.

Glad you're not too badly hurt. Could have been a lot worse.

Lad I work with, his girlfriend god dragged out of her Civic Type R yesterday in Manchester and had it stolen. That must have been a scary experience.

Definately gonna make sure doors are locked and my jdm flare is in easy reach, lol.

The Ba...stard on my door had his arm through my window and would not let go of my door lock pin, so i put the car in first and grabbed him by his forearm and drove of through the lights and then hit my anchors near AB fletchers store at around 35 mph and u should have seen this mu....tha fcuka fly and cut all his arm and the side of his face on the tarmac.

Good stuff. Problem is you never know what retribution this may cause.

I don't think I'd have an issue with doing the same, my only concern would be damage to my car.

Mine unlocks as soon as the engine is cut.

As it should.