car jacking in south yorkshire.....

123tom123tom

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll give you a little tip, care of my mother who lived in a dodgy area for some time. If someone approaches the car with you in it and opens the door, have it in reverse with a few revs on, if they try any funny business just wipe your foot off the clutch and they end up under the front wheel. Easy peasy, I saw her do this once to some drunk in Manchester when I was about 7, sat with her in the car. Worked really well and did no apparent damage to the car either :) She was my heroine for years after that.

I'll give you a little tip, care of my mother who lived in a dodgy area for some time. If someone approaches the car with you in it and opens the door, have it in reverse with a few revs on, if they try any funny business just wipe your foot off the clutch and they end up under the front wheel. Easy peasy, I saw her do this once to some drunk in Manchester when I was about 7, sat with her in the car. Worked really well and did no apparent damage to the car either :) She was my heroine for years after that.

Bet she did damage to the drunk though :blink:

ever since i heard that someone got a gun to their head at 10am in a nice neighbourhood shopping car park ive driven with my doors locked- however i did have some advice from someone who lived in manchester- that was to no matter what just start driving and if you run them ova thats their fault. although a bit different if he went for ya keys- lucky he didnt have a knife or anything- glad u didnt have ur car stolen tho bud- maybe a metal pole down by ur side mite help- or as my friend does a tyre iron!

it still amazes me that even today car jacking exists- with all the security measures etc to ensure that it isnt- cos if they do steal ur car its supra its pretty hard to miss it-and the cops are gonna be all ova it like fat kid on a cup cake. so if unless ur organised and can flog it off abroad and u have the contacts- a opportunists is just gonna burn it out or get caught rite?

it still amazes me that even today car jacking exists- with all the security measures etc to ensure that it isnt- cos if they do steal ur car its supra its pretty hard to miss it-and the cops are gonna be all ova it like fat kid on a cup cake. so if unless ur organised and can flog it off abroad and u have the contacts- a opportunists is just gonna burn it out or get caught rite?

Your getting joyriders confused with car jacking. Car jacking is mostly to order and the cars will be off the roads and in a container before the hour is up. Thats the reason trackers aren't really any good. The containers mess with the signal.

Best defence against this, as already mentioned, is the blackjax system. its a bloody PITA but in this situation it would have been worth its weight in gold.

Good on you for not giving up easily but you have to realise the potential situation you could have been in.

Scott =op

Your getting joyriders confused with car jacking. Car jacking is mostly to order and the cars will be off the roads and in a container before the hour is up. Thats the reason trackers aren't really any good. The containers mess with the signal.

Best defence against this, as already mentioned, is the blackjax system. its a bloody PITA but in this situation it would have been worth its weight in gold.

Good on you for not giving up easily but you have to realise the potential situation you could have been in.

Scott =op

oh okay fair enuff- maybe i far innocent not to beleive in Gone in 60 secs stylie?:innocent:

still its still abit cowboyish to rock up take ur keys what next they drag u out and their gone- sigh this country!!! at least in gone in 60 secs there was some style and panache in boosting cars. hollywood.:search:

so glad to hear you are ok! this country is becoming horrible ;)you did well buddy to get away with your car, shame about the shiner:(

Similiar thing happened to me a few years ago. Come to a set of traffic lights and noticed a vectra full load 5 of them. They started revving there engine as to race but i did not bother and then they stayed behind me for about a mile until i floored it and left them behind.

Anyway i got to a big roundabout..Darmouth circle in brum and was waiting at traffic lights with no other cars around and did not notice this same car roll up just behind me as they had switched there engine off.

I was too busy adjusting my radio and like a idiot had my window half down and door lock open. As i looked up 3 of them had surrounded my car and were trying to open my doors,one on my door which i was exchanging blows with. Thank god the rest oy doors were locked and i managed to lock mine.

The Ba...stard on my door had his arm through my window and would not let go of my door lock pin, so i put the car in first and grabbed him by his forearm and drove of through the lights and then hit my anchors near AB fletchers store at around 35 mph and u should have seen this mu....tha fcuka fly and cut all his arm and the side of his face on the tarmac. I then out the car in reverse and i swear if the was not a lorry coming from behind he would have lost his legs, but amazingly he got up and jumped in the vectra and were gone. Police said vectra was a stolen car as well.

Mate, at least u still got your car and sent him back empty handed feeling like a pr...ck.

I had a few bruises as well! Since then always had doors locked and blaxjack.

top bloke!:)

Guest jonnykool

and im gonna get some cs spray/piece of metal. But glad you drove around with that tosser being towed miko, i wish he'd of went under your wheels, its what they diserve. Cant you legally kill a car jacker in the us? (Or am i talking rubbish)

and im gonna get some cs spray/piece of metal. But glad you drove around with that tosser being towed miko, i wish he'd of went under your wheels, its what they diserve. Cant you legally kill a car jacker in the us? (Or am i talking rubbish)

I think is was Miko commenting on nboost's story which was brough on by Tom's original post.

As I'm guessing you don't live in the US, you're final question is neither here nor there ;)