The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Time Attack (rd 3) + Euro Drift Champ + Japanese Tuning show: Silverstone, 1 June

SteveR

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to steve for organising the day, good to talk to SteveL and Ben, cars looked great on track. Took some photos and will try and post up. Great to meet my cars former owner at long last and everyone else. We migt not have been as colourfully dressed as the Scooby stand but we got all the admiring glances, ditto Steve on making this a bigger attendance next year.

My 1st meet with you guys and what a great meet it was. The short convoy over was superb and the quality of cars on show was great, I spent ages looking at each car trying to work different things out, like parts of body kits, different head/rear lights, Our cars have soooooo many varations its unreal.

Thanks to those I spoke to I hope I didn't bore you too much about the sprint series...lol (I have been told I go on a bit).

Cant wait for the next meet as its so nice being the member rather than the organiser like i was on GT4OC.

Thanks again to Steve for putting it all together (your Supra is a great colour)....I have a few pics I will post later........Where do you normally post them????

Regards

Hey guys, excellent weekend, and an excellent turnout by you guys :)

Great to meet a few of you at last, we're all pretty busy a lot of the time so if anyone started talking to us and then got left/ignored its nothing personal.... we'll always try and chat where possible.

Ash - you're right , the track was very slippery - all three of us had traction problems but daz just drove the ar5e off the rex anyway!

We'll be putting together a kinda-blog to keep people up to date on the whole team which will include comments on the day and the stuff we're doing in between events, so hopefully in a day or two we'll have this up and running ;)

Absolutely ace day, good crowd of us turned out, had some laughs too :D

Time attack great, some incredible cars belting around. We got to stand at the pit wall for a while and see/feel the power from those cars!! Went right through ya guts!! :ecstatic:

Got to speak to Phil Morrison and check out the 2JZ block in his S15. Lots of good things to see, can't rate this show highly enough, constant action on track, some hugely impressive cars off track as well as on, real feast of japanese cars. Must make this a big event next year for the club.

I took a load of pictures, will try and load them either today or tomorrow :)

Great to meet peeps, old and new ;) cheers Steve :thumbs::more:

Linda

x

The track action was fantastic and a big well done to Ben and Steve in the time attack:)

Thanks mate :D

We got to stand at the pit wall for a while and see/feel the power from those cars!! Went right through ya guts!! :ecstatic:

... you should try going in one, its even better! :eyebrows:

The Ollie clark Subaru is awesome for noise levels - the side exit exhaust is on the left, so when thats on the pitwall side its actually painful to be near it as it goes by !

The Ollie clark Subaru is awesome for noise levels - the side exit exhaust is on the left, so when thats on the pitwall side its actually painful to be near it as it goes by !

There was something else that was painful to hear, I think it was an Evo (couldn't say which one). Wanted to cover my ears each time it came past but could never react quick enough :taped:.

There was something else that was painful to hear, I think it was an Evo (couldn't say which one). Wanted to cover my ears each time it came past but could never react quick enough :taped:.

... yeh - probably. Most of the Evo's in pro class have front bumper exit exhausts.

Is that an offer :sly::eyebrows:

Linda

x

.... it certainly gives me an idea :eyebrows: ... hotrides in the whifbitz cars :innocent:

... yeh - probably. Most of the Evo's in pro class have front bumper exit exhausts.

And with added fire! Quite a sight :cool:

.... it certainly gives me an idea :eyebrows: ... hotrides in the whifbitz cars :innocent:

I'd buy that for a dollar! Seriously you should do that; £20 for a 'sit down & shut up' ride during warm-up. I'd pay it!

I'd buy that for a dollar! Seriously you should do that; £20 for a 'sit down & shut up' ride during warm-up. I'd pay it!

Hi mate...

Unfortunately we couldn't do it in the warm up, thats for team members only.

Also I'd use more than £20 in fuel alone :blink:

... but something maybe in the pipeline.

(you have PM...)