The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Latest dyno results

jevansio

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iam sorry Jay but that does not look right at all...I would not take those figure seriously. Doing a Dyno pull in 3rd on a supra !!!

On some of the plots it seems to be going back on its self ??... does anyone else have there dyno plots ?? 508hp and you pulled away from my Bro cerbra 4.5 that has got 420 /390lbs and weights 1100kg like a slig shot ... that graph is truely wrong, iam sorry to say this. You should not have wheel spin at all on this dyno , especially with the R888.

Never mind , you dont need to chase numbers as your car is quick enough ..but still not as quick as mine :p.

What speeds were the fan running ?? did they have those large blowers..

If a Car is strapped down properly it should not damage the tyres.

I tried to speak to Andy (senior) about Jays run to see if he could give me more info to why the Run came out like a etch sketch or if he could provide an AFR curve. But i dont think i will bother again :rolleyes: .

Having now spoke to 2 Qualified dyno technicians we spotted what the issue is but im sure Andy's 25+ years dyno experience will shine though and spot it.

Good luck in the future though :)

P.S Make sure you turn the fans on for all the cars.

If a Car is strapped down properly it should not damage the tyres.

Just been downstairs and checked both Gaz's and my tyres, Gaz's was mapped on the MAHA and made nigh on 600bhp, mine was mapped and made 577bhp before we ran into minor issues.

The tyres are absolutely fine, no degradation at all.

Neither car was strapped through the car which meant we had to keep an eye on traction, in the end we put my wide arse in the boot and then we had the traction we needed :p WITHOUT killing the tyres.

The ramping on the MAHA can be adjusted so that power runs are done quicker, but the time is taken in the full rundown at the end to calculate transmission losses. The DD uses a notional figure I believe, whereas the MAHA calculates it. You can see this when you compare the printouts from my car and Gaz's, Gaz had higher transmission losses and needs a gearbox rebuild.

At the end of the day, a dyno is a tool and no more. Ryan commented on how the figures coming out of the dyno here make sense and that's good enough for me. Jeff's BPU at .9bar made 353bhp, Gaz's T67dbb with 264 cams made 600bhp and mine made 577bhp so far.

What is also important is fresh air supply to the front fans and make sure they are powerful enough. After many runs, we could still put our hand on the rocker cover. Also, extract is just as important.

Yeah, it was the MAHA dyno. Even with mine, yours and my mechanics arse sat in the back it still ripped chunks out my Pirrelli track tyres. The strapping was also adjusted numerous times but grip seamed to be a real issue.

If I ever take it on the rollers again I would just put some cheap tyres on, I don't care about. Seeing my new Pirrellis destroyed like that was pretty gutting.

Kevin

Was that on a MAHA dyno? them things do run them so hard, the dyno runs seem to take forever and puts loads of stress on the tyres.

Iam sorry Jay but that does not look right at all...I would not take those figure seriously. Doing a Dyno pull in 3rd on a supra !!!

On some of the plots it seems to be going back on its self ??... does anyone else have there dyno plots ?? 508hp and you pulled away from my Bro cerbra 4.5 that has got 420 /390lbs and weights 1100kg like a slig shot ... that graph is truely wrong, iam sorry to say this. You should not have wheel spin at all on this dyno , especially with the R888.

Never mind , you dont need to chase numbers as your car is quick enough ..but still not as quick as mine :p.

What speeds were the fan running ?? did they have those large blowers..

yeh heres mine, sorry about the quality I had to take a phone picture... seems like a smooth curve, any comments?