The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Carbon Bodied Supra

bolarbag

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes but isnt this stuff the proper dry carbon?

Looks like it to me, in the picture of the roof sat on the chop strand mat (CSM), the surface it is placed on looks to have the double-sided tape you use for attaching the 'vac bag' to when vac forming composites.

It also looks like they used a mix of carbon with some CSM looking at the rough edges of the roof (untrimmed), which you dont really need to do when vac forming....maybe they were low on carbon at the time and wanted to make it a little thicker?

• 1 month later...

I've just started reading the full SF thread.

He's planning to take the engine up from 912bhp to 1350bhp!

Carillo Rods

CP Pistons

HKS 272`s

Greddy Camgears and belt

Custom intake

Boostlogic T6 turbokit with GT4780 turbo

5" Downpipe

Titanium exhaust

Titan Motorsports fuel-system with 1200cc`s

3x Walbro 255 fuel pumps

Assuming he has traction this thing is going really move!

I've just started reading the full SF thread.

He's planning to take the engine up from 912bhp to 1350bhp!

Carillo Rods

CP Pistons

HKS 272`s

Greddy Camgears and belt

Custom intake

Boostlogic T6 turbokit with GT4780 turbo

5" Downpipe

Titanium exhaust

Titan Motorsports fuel-system with 1200cc`s

3x Walbro 255 fuel pumps

Assuming he has traction this thing is going really move!

I'm guessing that these figures are true HP and not American HP too. Thats going to be scary!

Depends how much he's going to put back into it I guess.

If he builds a custom bare dash and no interior like a proper race car it could be quite light indeed.

It's a time attack car, he's putting in a carbon dash too.

1000-1100kg is likely imo.

I realy can't see how this thing is goin to be any good at time attack with a freakin 47-80 strapped to it, I mean 1st unless he has some huge trick up his sleave to put the power down all its going to do is spin spin spin and then there's the issue of lag and the onslaught when it spools up and hits hard. Its an interesting concept but I realy can't see how its going to work...

will the kerb weight be around 1,000kg?

i doubt he could get to that, thats Ultima GTR type weight, have a look at the interior of a GTR they are uber minamalist and have the added advantage of being able to use an all ally engine/transaxle rather than our boat anchor block and diff

i doubt he could get to that, thats Ultima GTR type weight, have a look at the interior of a GTR they are uber minamalist and have the added advantage of being able to use an all ally engine/transaxle rather than our boat anchor block and diff

Plus the body is fiberglass and the chasis is a spaceframe

Plus the body is fiberglass and the chasis is a spaceframe

and without being to contraversial i think a mid engined 600hp GTR would beat a 1300hp Supra in pretty much all situations on road tyres, i'm not saying the guys wasted his money as its an awesome project i'm just struggling to understand the rational behind it, to me its got one use only.....drag strip

and without being to contraversial i think a mid engined 600hp GTR would beat a 1300hp Supra in pretty much all situations on road tyres, i'm not saying the guys wasted his money as its an awesome project i'm just struggling to understand the rational behind it, to me its got one use only.....drag strip

Thats my thoughts too. Surly if that sort of power was a good idea for the track would the GT guys not be doing the same thing with the vast amount of money rather than using say Vipers, astons, Ascari's?