The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Carbon Bodied Supra

bolarbag

This is finished now, just awaiting the front bumper,

1280kg with 30litres of fuel not bad at all!!

So about 1250kg empty? That's pretty awesome for a relatively big car (it's no Elise,is it?). For comparison, the lightest car on Suprahardtopregistry.com with "massive weight reduction" is about 160lbs heavier than this one.

I bet it goes like the clappers off the line.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i really didnt want to say it, but im with you, so much work went into that, and look how it turned out

I respect the work thats been put into it especially the power and I know Carbon is hard to work with but look at it, poor fit and just doesn't look smooth :(

• 2 months later...
Supraforums thread updates shows the car is featured in Redline mag - 10 pages too.

One of the guys in work said to me about this today. As soon as he mentioned carbon bodied supra this was the one i thought of. He swore it was a UK one though.

1200hp being claimed? US horsepower?

Just reading it now. I'm, curious about the figures though...

1000bhp@the fly = 937bhp@the wheels?

6% tranny losses?

This Supra iirc is a jdm car that has had a lhd conversion from a euro-spec car (firewall, stearing assembly, dash) but to be fair it's a bit of a triggers broom as only the chassis, body frame, engine and gearbox castings are original.

6% tranny losses?

This Supra iirc is a jdm car that has had a lhd conversion from a euro-spec car (firewall, stearing assembly, dash) but to be fair it's a bit of a triggers broom as only the chassis, body frame, engine and gearbox castings are original.

Yeah, i reckon its the Redline staff being pretty clueless. I think the only proper figure quoted is the ATW figure and the staff have put in 1000+hp as they don't know the calculation.

Yeah thats right, it had a LHD conversion. The chassis is the only original parts according to the write up. Both of the rear quarters are just a skin too so no weightloss there. Seems like doors, bonnet, wings and bodykit is fibre. The roof and the rear quarters are stock with a carbon skin over the top.

Yeah, i reckon its the Redline staff being pretty clueless. I think the only proper figure quoted is the ATW figure and the staff have put in 1000+hp as they don't know the calculation.

Yeah thats right, it had a LHD conversion. The chassis is the only original parts according to the write up. Both of the rear quarters are just a skin too so no weightloss there. Seems like doors, bonnet, wings and bodykit is fibre. The roof and the rear quarters are stock with a carbon skin over the top.

No the roof and rear quarters are full carbon fibre too - I wouldnt listen to redline, the supraforums write up is all you need, I'll never forgive those Mags after one review of a 550bhp monster supra N/A??

No the roof and rear quarters are full carbon fibre too - I wouldnt listen to redline, the supraforums write up is all you need, I'll never forgive those Mags after one review of a 550bhp monster supra N/A??

I know the rear quarters are carbon but they haven't been chopped as far as i can see. Redline has loads of photo's from the build and none of them showing the roof or the quarter panels cut off. They show the outside of the quarters being used as mould's but it appears the carbon was put on top of the quarters already there.

After reading the info on the power i took the whole article with a pinch of salt lol.

• 2 months later...

This thread was pointed out to me last week with an update and im seriously impressed. He is going for 1150kg!

Dont think i will get that weight, but good to see someone else going for it like Steve and I.

See the floor has just come out also :)

Wish i had his budget :blink:

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=461872&page=94

Ryan

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
All the recent talk of carbon arches got me thinking about this project. Anyone know the latest developments with the project?

Looks to be finished, 1080 kg i read.

We have got the weight numbers now, its om 1080 kg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs592.ash2/154399_1491180443726_1360465018_31155031_7853640_n.jpg