Nic

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^^

Should be ok in regards to heat from the brakes, as general law carbons brake down point is the same temp its cured at, surely some one who's gone to all the effort to make them would of taken this into consideration??

^^

Should be ok in regards to heat from the brakes, as general law carbons brake down point is the same temp its cured at, surely some one who's gone to all the effort to make them would of taken this into consideration??

Really? If we get concessions on CF parts at my work that are repairable, they're repaired, re-laid up and shoved straight back in the autoclave. The original CF that has now been cured twice doesn't break down, and is still acceptable for use on aircraft.

I had a guy phone me up about these the other day with a Scooby.

He actually dropped the phone in shock when I told him the estimated price :D

I think people are getting used to GRP backed carbon bonnets being £500-800 so are shocked when some proper kit is priced up. There's a chap I bump into every now and then with a Techart carbon wing for his 993RSR which was about £3k.

Really? If we get concessions on CF parts at my work that are repairable, they're repaired, re-laid up and shoved straight back in the autoclave. The original CF that has now been cured twice doesn't break down, and is still acceptable for use on aircraft.

Yeah but presumably you cure the repair in the same autoclave, which will be the same temp and pressure as the original part was cured at????? so your not putting a higher temp or pressure through it so it wouldn't break down

• 5 months later...
Is there a confirmed price for these now in supra fitments?

They are not available yet, so no prices at the moment. I'll see if I can find out if/when they will be available.

edit: Last time I checked estimate was around ¥1,000,000 each that's over £5000 a corner :faint:

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

I think people are getting used to GRP backed carbon bonnets being £500-800 so are shocked when some proper kit is priced up. There's a chap I bump into every now and then with a Techart carbon wing for his 993RSR which was about £3k.

Thats because its for a Porka.. they jack the price up and the fools pay it.

• 1 year later...

A Japanese company by the name of Weds Sport has come up with the first full carbon fiber wheel. They unveiled the wheels with what they call their Dry Carbon Wheel Project at the last Tokyo Auto Salon show. Not to be mistaken for rip off “Carbon Fiber Finish” products these wheels are actually manufactured by a process called Dry Carbon Fiber forming shapes, which is also used to make F-1 Chassis and parts. One wheel weighs in at just 2.76kg. Interested in getting a set of these for your car? Expect to pay around US$10,000-$12,000 for the set. BLING BLING!!!